Make this game F2P or this will close like Bless Online

Alexe

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
Bless didn't fail because of it being b2p lol. I think some fail to realize even if it was f2p it would have still died the same way it did, it couldn't save that game from the start due to numerous reasons, it failing in other regions already tells you that.
It's like saying. Companies don't close the game because they have no revenue. Companies close the game because there is 200players that play the game...
What i say it's the same thing but somewhat different. But you are right.

Last edited:

johnesp

Astellian
Jun 23, 2019
Now after the CBT, its really bad. the game runs, optimization , pvp is really bad (my friends played in Korean Server) and its op if you're assasin/archer. There's no party grinding only Party Quest. cant enjoy it with friends. only 1 AOE skill.

i guess this will be it. if its still pay to play.
thank you for the experience to play this in english.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
This game should be F2P and it is F2P in KR. We all know that this game is designed for P2W, with some P2W contents at least.
Personally I like F2P games and I will only buy premium items if the game is good.

In my opinion, this game became B2P for 2 reasons. We got too many keyboard warriors who want to win with no life grinding or cheating but don't want to pay. They will spread hate anywhere if there will be P2W contents that will make this game look bad. Many nice people will not waste time on such kind of arguments so they cannot support the game to against haters. Most people will not leave a good review if game is good, but they will leave bad review when they are not happy with the game.
The other reason is simple, I believe everybody want make money upfront since keyboard warriors are offering such a good opportunity now. The keyboard warriors don't understand B2P is not a guaranteed non-P2W in the future and most likely they won't accept any different opinions.

BTW, i quit Bless Online because people duped items, and Paladin can faceroll anybody with a no CD skill. It is nothing about F2P or B2P

Last edited:

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
In my opinion, this game became B2P for 2 reasons. We got too many keyboard warriors who want to win with no life grinding or cheating but don't want to pay.
"this game became B2P" and "We got too many who... don't want to pay", how so?
Do you think those who "don't want to pay" will B2P? If so, they already paid at least a minimum, still already better than the F2P.
The F2P don't even have to pay.

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
pvp is really bad (my friends played in Korean Server) and its op if you're assasin/archer
PvP is "bad"because Assassin and Archer are "OP"? That's it? If they not OP anymore the PvP not bad? Looks like a balancing issue, or just play class vs. class only.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
"this game became B2P" and "We got too many who... don't want to pay", how so?
Do you think those who "don't want to pay" will B2P? If so, they already paid at least a minimum, still already better than the F2P.
The F2P don't even have to pay.
The logic is really hard to explain. Let me try with an example
Almost everybody can afford the game. There is no winner at this point. So this is not P2W. They have no problem with B2P
There will be competitions in game such as level, gear , achievement, etc. Only a few winners can stay above the majority which means they can afford something other people cannot afford in a P2W game. Some people will cry because they still want to win but they cannot afford the items.

Doledor

Astellian
Jun 22, 2019
As you can see on the title.
most of the Successful MMOs are Free2Play, This game is Like Bless Online and Bless Online did make their game Pay to Play and what, After months they Shut Down their game because lack of players coming in so no Income&Profit.

Lost Ark game is also making a Debut in the next month and it's gonna be a Free 2 Play and will be the Top Contender and a Competitive Marketing Strats
the Gameplay is also Great.

*****so IMO Astellia should be F2P to be able to compete in Other MMOs and the upcoming big mmos this 2019.
Make it a F2P, give a Subscription for like VIP Benefits, Make more InGamePurchase items thats how you compete on todays MMO"***
I played Bless since EA. The reason that Bless failed is that they did not listen to the player base. They were slow on releasing content that was already out in other regions. Limiting the amount of times you are able to run a dungeon per day which made most players make 3-5 of the same class so they could run the dungeon 2 times per character so they could get the gear. Loot was a joke since only 1 or 2 items of worth would drop off the dungeon boss or raid boss so most of the party/raid got nothing out of it. Also having the same items drop week in and week out killed moral. This game is a lot better then Bless as far as I have seen

F2P games tend to go more P2W since that is how the game makes money and allows it to keep the game updated and new content to release. Games that are B2P with the optional membership for bonus stuff such as bonus exp or reduced cost of this or that is a nice model especially if has cosmetics that people want to buy, that way it would be a steady form of income from those that want to spend money with no make or break advantages.

Reactions: ronoch

Pastellian

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
No. they are Pay to Play.
The most successfull MMOs, WoW, FF14, and GW2 are Paid with sub, except GW2 is Buy to Play with Expansions and as a F2P demo phase.
You ignore the fact that those are all established IPs. WoW had warcraft to build off of, and the fact there wasn't much else in the market at the time. FF14 is final fantasy, nuff said. GW2 has GW to build from. ESO is elder scrolls, nuff said.

You can't just make a new IP from a company no one has heard of and pretend everyone will be clamoring to pay for it. BDO at least had it's graphics and extensive character creation going for it. Even then, they only charge you $10 once to get in. What does this game have that's innovative? It's literally just a "classical" (generic) mmo and is even marketed as such.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexe and Blümchen

Beleous

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I say no to F2P, I started playing AION right after it turned F2P and it was fun for about a year before it became a pain in the rear with all the bots and trolls.

Skulldevilin

Astellian
Jun 4, 2019
@johnesp
Just wanna let this here:
Astellia started with an idea from someone. They started to manage create a world full of life, full of enjoyment. They create cities, forests, mountains, beach and sea and what you can imagine. They filled it up with life.. with animals, with NPCs, with dungeons, with stories.
They invested money, just that they can create an idea to go be real as a game. And share it with us.

And people here be like: your idea is ****, i would make it like that or that.
But stop, it was not your idea. If you want a game that is filled with your ideas, make it by your own.

To bring some constructive criticism about how they can make something better, or more playfull, doesn't mean they change their game just for you.
It's the choice of the dev how they want to bring that out.

The game is not yours. If you like to play it and enjoy this idea, so do it. If not? Let it be and take another game.

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
You ignore the fact that those are all established IPs. WoW had warcraft to build off of, and the fact there wasn't much else in the market at the time. FF14 is final fantasy, nuff said. GW2 has GW to build from. ESO is elder scrolls, nuff said.

You can't just make a new IP from a company no one has heard of and pretend everyone will be clamoring to pay for it. BDO at least had it's graphics and extensive character creation going for it. Even then, they only charge you $10 once to get in. What does this game have that's innovative? It's literally just a "classical" (generic) mmo and is even marketed as such.
Just to make a slight correction - BDO has its price set to $30/50/100 for different packages at release, so similar to Astellia.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Bless online didn't fail because it was Buy2Play. It failed because it had zero endgame content, hilariously bad pvp and abysmal droprates in dungeons.

After running the same dungeon for the 20th time still not seeing ANY gear drop AT ALL (I'm not kidding; even endbosses didn't drop ANYTHING in that game most of the time), everyone eventually quits.
I still don't understand how a developer could have potentially been so retarded as to allow that to happen.

Remember that Bless had 30k players in the first week when it launched. They all left after seeing what endgame content looked like in the game, not because of the box price.

Reactions: Blümchen

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Bless online didn't fail because it was Buy2Play. It failed because it had zero endgame content, hilariously bad pvp and abysmal droprates in dungeons.

After running the same dungeon for the 20th time still not seeing ANY gear drop AT ALL (I'm not kidding; even endbosses didn't drop ANYTHING in that game most of the time), everyone eventually quits.
I still don't understand how a developer could have potentially been so retarded as to allow that to happen.

Remember that Bless had 30k players in the first week when it launched. They all left after seeing what endgame content looked like in the game, not because of the box price.
Was not even the "endgame content" that made 90% of the players quit in like the first few weeks. They made some terrible decisions with the pvp amongst many other things. And did a really bad job at damage control thereafter.

And tbh not having gear drop off bosses wasn't that much of a concern for many people because it made prices really expensive when things DID drop and it was more of a value/upgrade to a player which was cool. Personally never been a fan of games that had 100% or really high drop rates of BiS stuff. I'd rather it be really rare, give people something to work for.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Was not even the "endgame content" that made 90% of the players quit in like the first few weeks. They made some terrible decisions with the pvp amongst many other things. And did a really bad job at damage control thereafter.

And tbh not having gear drop off bosses wasn't that much of a concern for many people because it made prices really expensive when things DID drop and it was more of a value/upgrade to a player which was cool. Personally never been a fan of games that had 100% or really high drop rates of BiS stuff. I'd rather it be really rare, give people something to work for.
Clearly you haven't played the game back then.
You could reach endgame in less than 3 days because leveling was so ridicolously fast there. Then all you had left in terms of content was farming guild xp and running dungeons (oh and the terribly balanced arathi basin knockoff in which you could die to mobs and get durability loss in PvP, including losing gear sockets).
Dungeons, yes. There were 3 of them at max level. The loot wasn't just rare, it was non-existant. I farmed the same 3 dungeons for DAYS with my guild, not seeing a single epic item drop. 90% of the time the endbosses didn't drop ANYTHING. Not even a crafting material. Those dungeons could take up to 60 minutes to complete with inexperienced players.
And even IF an item finally dropped, you had basically a 1 in 50 chance to receive the socket and ability combination you've wanted. Otherwise the item was basically trash.
So not only did you waste HOURS of time every day grinding the same three dungeons for NOTHING, even IF you got an epic item there was still a high likelyhood of it still being disenchanting TRASH.

And no, this alone did not kill the game. What killed the game was the fact that players complained about it to the devs for WEEKS. All they had to do was adjusting the droprates. Giving the players at least one guaranteed item drop per dungeon (remember: even if you get an item to drop, in most cases the socket/ability combination still made it crap) to keep players interested until they could extend endgame content.
But they were inept and incapable of even changing a few numbers within a reasonable time span. This is what made everyone quit after a few weeks: the realization that the developer and publisher just kept ignoring their dwindling playerbase.

To get the topic back to Astellia:
The most important thing about any MMO development is maintaining the goodwill and trust of your players. Lose this trust and the game will fail within a couple of months.
Listen to feedback. Follow your forum trends. Have a CM scout reddit threads. It's your most valuable source of information. Communicate with your players. Tell them that you listen to their feedback, share your plans with the community to gain even more feedback.
This is how you make a good MMO.
Things like monetization and cash shop items should be discussed in the forums before they are implemented. You'll be surprised at how willing players are to drop their hard earned money onto games if they feel like they are not excluded in the decisionmaking process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anghya and ToXi-

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
The most important thing about any MMO development is maintaining the goodwill and trust of your players. Lose this trust and the game will fail within a couple of months.
Listen to feedback. Follow your forum trends. Have a CM scout reddit threads. It's your most valuable source of information. Communicate with your players. Tell them that you listen to their feedback, share your plans with the community to gain even more feedback.
Things like monetization and cash shop items should be discussed in the forums before they are implemented. You'll be surprised at how willing players are to drop their hard earned money onto games if they feel like they are not excluded in the decision making process.
Not to play devils advocate here, but there is something to be said about the above statements, that bares the need for caution both on the part of players, BE&A staff and development teams.

While the above, would be the best in an ideal world and the perfect game company, it is not without its deficits.
The fact remains players by and large have their own self interests, and their own motivations, or even outright greed at times, for what they think and desire & for changes they want added to the game. Balance is often disregarded on the whims of the vocal minority because of such feedback, and can be seen in more MMO's than you can count. As they say, be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

I think its important, as players, we recognize our own desires, and to take heed that there will be some changes that are clamored for that never come to fruition due to them being in conflict with the games design and vision as it moves forward. BE&A has already stated they will not be making "knee jerk" reactions to feedback. I for one, hope they stick to this statement and make adjustments for the game to always keep improving it for the betterment of all.

As gamers, we need to recognize and understand when it comes to feedback of the game, we can often be our own worst enemy. Sometimes this may mean taking some of the feedback with a grain of salt. So be patient, and let the devs do their job and make the wiser choices that we may or may not be able to see right away, cause the last thing anyone wants is just another failure of an MMORPG to be add to the list of previous games played.

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
Clearly you haven't played the game back then.
You could reach endgame in less than 3 days because leveling was so ridicolously fast there. Then all you had left in terms of content was farming guild xp and running dungeons (oh and the terribly balanced arathi basin knockoff in which you could die to mobs and get durability loss in PvP, including losing gear sockets).
Dungeons, yes. There were 3 of them at max level. The loot wasn't just rare, it was non-existant. I farmed the same 3 dungeons for DAYS with my guild, not seeing a single epic item drop. 90% of the time the endbosses didn't drop ANYTHING. Not even a crafting material. Those dungeons could take up to 60 minutes to complete with inexperienced players.
And even IF an item finally dropped, you had basically a 1 in 50 chance to receive the socket and ability combination you've wanted. Otherwise the item was basically trash.
So not only did you waste HOURS of time every day grinding the same three dungeons for NOTHING, even IF you got an epic item there was still a high likelyhood of it still being disenchanting TRASH.

And no, this alone did not kill the game. What killed the game was the fact that players complained about it to the devs for WEEKS. All they had to do was adjusting the droprates. Giving the players at least one guaranteed item drop per dungeon (remember: even if you get an item to drop, in most cases the socket/ability combination still made it crap) to keep players interested until they could extend endgame content.
But they were inept and incapable of even changing a few numbers within a reasonable time span. This is what made everyone quit after a few weeks: the realization that the developer and publisher just kept ignoring their dwindling playerbase.

Things like monetization and cash shop items should be discussed in the forums before they are implemented. You'll be surprised at how willing players are to drop their hard earned money onto games if they feel like they are not excluded in the decisionmaking process.
Couple of things I would add to this Bless had failed in 3 other regions before being released in the west a lot of people had negative comments to say and were simply looking for reasons for bless to fail from day 1. The devs didn't let the nay sayers down bugs like the TP bug and Chili exploit broke the economy day 1 bugs are developers , exploits are from players.
I went to bless with 10 guildies from another game 6 left the game after 4 hours due to the whining of the no lifers that hit high lvl content faster than the devs expected saying there is no end game there is no mobs ( they weren't wrong of course) but the negativity from those people and it only takes a few to ruin it for the many caused most of the player base to quit on day 1 ! Forget end game they were not even close and that's what Astellia has to compete against . The Game is "New" looks great has completely different devs and producers and has put out a cbt with 2000% better content than bless had day 1. And yet people that have not even taken a look at it remain negative about it due to another game not even related just happens to come from the same country. Just because a game runs on the same engine as another does not make it the same. Different mechanics can get different performance out of the same car if they know what they are doing!

The 1 thing i disagree with in this statement is reddit the trolls that place attracts is insane maybe the devs can find some useful info in between the bull **** but good luck. I swear that forum is full of children seeking constant attention. Reddit is like a pvp game in itself with no devs at all. You have 4-5 people on there about any game constantly making it sound like trash. they get banned make another account rinse and repeat. That's why I was stoked to see these forums.

The game isn't going to be 100% polished when released if you are expecting it will you haven't played many mmos they are always buggy even after cbts. All we can hope for is they are not game breaking bugs a few clipping issues maybe you cant make the ui like you want it maybe you don't like the color of "x" but that stuff comes with time. We as consumers need to be forgiving when games come out, devs are human games are their babies they think all the "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed but a few things will slip through. Doesn't make it a bad game. Just report them if they get fixed the "Devs are listening!" :) best we can hope for!