Masterthread for your Feedback [Headstart/Launch]

CM Flora

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
Greetings Astellians !

Feel free to use this space to share your feedback with us, so that we can easily share it with the devs.

If you have more general questions about the gameplay, you can post them "here".

Thank you ! ✨

Reactions: Venkas

RedRobot

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
The minimum deposit in the auction house is absurd. It wanted a non-refundable 10,000 when I wanted to sell 10 healing potions! Also a minimum of 1,000 for sale of any equipment/weapons, even if they were worth only a couple hundred. It doesn't make sense! Also taking 5% on top of that is just wrong. Yes, you need money sinks and all that, but penalizing new characters in this way is not right.

SaltySlippers

Astellian
Aug 4, 2019
OK, let me start with what I have so far, then. More to come later.

Severe bugs:

- It's rare but at times the quest tracker will not complete the quest, even if the objective is complete. This will cause the quest to get stuck, unable to progress and unable to reset. Having two quest trackers, as in this game, will always leave a chance for something like this to happen.

- Occasionally, the game will crash with a "Failled to verify the game files. Please try again later. (217)" error message. Starting the game again isn't a problem, but having it happen in the middle of a battle can have severe consequences.

- Similar problem, but with a file error 216.

Minor bugs:

- Subtitles do not match voice over during cut scenes.

- Voice over rarely matches the written text in general. Spoken: "Now no one will ever deny that you are an Astellian" - Part of a group. Written: "Now no one will deny that you are the Astellian" - The only one.

- Chat message: "You have entered [DunNickName][DungDiff] difficulty". So, where am I?

- Flying mushrooms west of Rock Mace Outpost.

- The transparency of fairy wings during conversations, does not let the blurred version of the background shine through, but the clear version, causing the wings to look as if cut out of the picture.

- Pathfinding has serious problems with rocks and narrow pathways, causing Astels to jump around and run in circles, and forcing your char to take the weirdest long routes to something that's seemingly right next to you.

- Quest: How to Stop Giant War Machines - Find the Dark Artifact and destroy it. Rota's voice is cut short in mid-sentence.

- Quest: [Guide] Ancient Fragment Shop - Defeat Knight Hendrik. This one sends you to a merchant, where you need to buy an item, but it's not available in the list of items sold.

- Quest: The Corrupt Herbalist - Search for Bart in Southern Frel. Bart: "you want to save the corrupted?". This needs a capital "y" in "you".

- Quest: Fake Butterfly Fairies. Birsia: "everyone fell ill with high a fever and became unconscious". Guessing you either meant "with a high fever" or "with high fever".

- Quest: The Corrupt Herbalist - Interrogate Bart at Ivy Cave. Rota: "I remembering hearing about a beautiful lady...". Try "I remember hearing about a beautiful lady...".

- Quest: Rufus That Went off Its Feed - (Start). Teaera: "Your arms are so hard the their fangs won't leave a mark on you". Try "...so hard that their fangs..." instead.

Quest sentences are often cut short:

- Quest: Herbalist Rasaro - Deliver the journal to Herbalist Rasaro. Rasaro: "The power of corruption within is intoxicating, allowing the cultists to gather mo".

- Quest: Karza Contamination Researcher - Speak with Researcher Meirin at Stump Shade. Meirin: "We were in a tough situation because we didn't know which one of them too the sw".

- Quest: Hwairan's Intermediate Research - (Start). Hwairan: "..., I'll be able to research the mechanisms behind the cont".

Suggestions:

- Could we get a forced dismount near NPCs in cities and outposts? Having 4-5 mounts stacked on an NPC, literally makes it impossible to target it.

Some areas have clearly have had a face-lift. New quests and even new loading screens. If this keeps up, it may end up as a serious competitor to other MMOs.

"Heart of Desire, the most cruel Karza Cult unit known to the world". Sounds more like a name for a romantic boutique selling knick-knack to couples, than a cult. :)

Venkas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
Gameplay

Some skills don't flow well together I.E. Assassins many AOE skills hitch up and make your character run in a short jog before executing the attack. Stops the flow and kills my DPS. Is this something that can be worked on?

A basic tutorial to introduce the Star guide so players can see and get used to it early. It's hidden when you first start the game and although it could be overwhelming, it would be nice to know you can have an overarching goal from the beginning (besides hitting lvl 50 of course)

Changing Keybinds. Let me change my dodge to my shift key or something else that is a one tap please. Not all of us like Astels on F1 F2 F3 etc.

Allow us to share our characters to a Global Beauty album, so that people can use our creations.

Common leather stops dropping after around level 38, never to be seen again. Don't know if that is intentional or not. But it makes Leatherworking a tad difficult having to downgrade Professional leather all day.

Graphics

Some of the armors have odd graphical issues, such as the Turban armor on the Assassin. the scarf digs into the chest and cuts off into the shoulder.
Can someone go over some of the outfits to fix up seam issues?

Let me hide my cape on some outfits please.

Cash Shop Ideas

Underwear.

Hear me out.

Some outfits may show too much skin to some, so why not make an underwear slot (no stat boost!) so you can wear leggings and one piece suits to cover up the naughty bits? They have a new cash shop item and you get to look modest (yea I know boo)

Hats/hoods.

Face slot for glasses.

Costumes based on Astels (Venecia costume, Seika costume, Braga etc)

Story NPC costumes

Scarfs, New cloaks/capes (allow us to hide said cloaks of course)

Piercings

Weapon effects (not too crazy or FPS tanking)

Dye system

Hair packs

--------------

I want to spend money to avoid the P2W. Let me do it :cool:

Last edited:

Abhremoch

Astellian
Aug 16, 2019
Gameplay

Some skills don't flow well together I.E. Assassins many AOE skills hitch up and make your character run in a short jog before executing the attack. Stops the flow and kills my DPS. Is this something that can be worked on?

A basic tutorial to introduce the Star guide so players can see and get used to it early. It's hidden when you first start the game and although it could be overwhelming, it would be nice to know you can have an overarching goal from the beginning (besides hitting lvl 50 of course)

Changing Keybinds. Let me change my dodge to my shift key or something else that is a one tap please. Not all of us like Astels on F1 F2 F3 etc.

Allow us to share our characters to a Global Beauty album, so that people can use our creations.

Common leather stops dropping after around level 38, never to be seen again. Don't know if that is intentional or not. But it makes Leatherworking a tad difficult having to downgrade Professional leather all day.

Graphics

Some of the armors have odd graphical issues, such as the Turban armor on the Assassin. the scarf digs into the chest and cuts off into the shoulder.
Can someone go over some of the outfits to fix up seam issues?

Let me hide my cape on some outfits please.

Cash Shop Ideas

Underwear.

Hear me out.

Some outfits may show too much skin to some, so why not make an underwear slot (no stat boost!) so you can wear leggings and one piece suits to cover up the naughty bits? They have a new cash shop item and you get to look modest (yea I know boo)

Hats/hoods.

Face slot for glasses.

Costumes based on Astels (Venecia costume, Seika costume, Braga etc)

Story NPC costumes

Scarfs, New cloaks/capes (allow us to hide said cloaks of course)

Piercings

Weapon effects (not too crazy or FPS tanking)

Dye system

Hair packs

--------------

I want to spend money to avoid the P2W. Let me do it :cool:
Damn right!!!

Reactions: Venkas

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Suggestions:

- Could we get a forced dismount near NPCs in cities and outposts? Having 4-5 mounts stacked on an NPC, literally makes it impossible to target it.
Just wanted to comment on this, if people are there or you can't see an NPC, just hit " F ", can target them with out issue. It's obvious this was done due to it being a prominent griefing method in other games. Here, you dont click, just F to advance or target nearest NPC...problem solved.
May not be exactly what you want, but clicking is often considered non-optimal anyways. (i'm a clicker by habit too, so i get ya).

As to the other stuff, it makes it sound like you're trying to turn this game into BDO, and honestly that isn't a good thing IMO.
Several items like Dyes have already been discussed previously even before the Beta's, it's already been stated that to add it will require an entire revamp of the current system from scratch, so it is not currently on the front burner to be worked. In time hopefully we'll see it. However requesting sweeping changes while good for the options everyone loves (me included), isn't realistic with what we have right now. Not saying anything negative here, just pointing out i hope you dont have a high expectation of such things to happen "soon".

As to bugs i found, only one really stands out and doesnt seem to affect all Astel Knights equally:
Often Virgo will completely buff her self and just stand there, or play run back and forth for no discernable reason. Checking the settings for range and such is taken into account. Something in her script seems to cause her to hang or become inconsistent. Rota has not had this issue for me yet.

Chantweaver

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
I would like the in-game skill information to be a little more precise. For instance, on Scholar I had to play around with my skills to figure out which put punishment status on the mob so I could get the bigger hit with Punishment skill. Probably should be to different names a little confusing. Along the same lines can you add a counter to the debuff or even three thumbnails for charge 1, 11, 111. SO we can see when we have the 3.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Some outfits may show too much skin to some, so why not make an underwear slot (no stat boost!) so you can wear leggings and one piece suits to cover up the naughty bits?
Most of the outfits i've seen show very little skin if any at all. I think some people need to get over the fact that we're in 2019 and not 1920. :ROFLMAO:

On topic:

Discount on cash-shop items for those who have an active subscription. Not talking about 30-40% obviously, but 5-10% discount, just to make it a bit more enticing to add a subscription. Other games does it as well i might add, so Astellia wouldn't be alone in doing so.

Skin Textures could do with a bit of a polish. Up close, people look more like someone's grand ma' or grand pa' rather than youthful.

An option to hide other players for better access to quest NPCs/Vendor NPCs.

Mounts are very weird in terms of turning. Not a critical issue but more of an annoyance.

Make Astels stop attacking after you turn on passive and back to active. I have been in dungeons where there are these barricades you have to attack to prevent them from either buffing or shielding enemy NPCs, and once we finish the pack, and move on, the astels are still moving back to those barricades. Really frustrating, because they do it even after we turn on passive mode and back to active mode.

Remove the ticket system. It has no place in here in the west. No western developed AAA mmorpg has a dungeon ticket system, and if we're subscribing, it should definitely be removed. I'm being dead serious here. It is a system that ruins the experience more than adding to it, which gaming should be all about, having fun, and doing dungeons raids and battlegrounds is what mmorpgs are all about. Restrictions of this kind is the reason a lot of F2P westernized Asian mmorpgs struggle and never manage to stay alive for long in the western market. There are some who removed their stamina/dungeon ticket systems and managed to bring back players, though. Just some food for thought.

I might update this post if i find more stuff i want to give feedback on.

Reactions: CM Venecia

Zurry

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Loving it so far, and there are already a lot of great suggestions here.

A few things I'd like to see:

- Option to move individual UI elements

- Some indication that you have to visit the Achievements screen in order to update progress on the Star guide (I looked for a sixth Meiville chest for way too long because the star guide wouldn't update...)

- A notification when something is first added to your vault in the Shop (like the stuff from pre-order packages for example)

Abhremoch

Astellian
Aug 16, 2019
OK now that I have played for a while, i feel like we should address the Astel progression system.
The insane amount of points needed to bring Astels to 3 and 4 and 5 stars is consistent with a P2W system where you would buy Astel packs like what it's happening in Korea. Since this is not available in NA and EU, the point system needs to be brought down or the points rewards brought higher than 10. Grinding 2 years to get 2 Astels to 5 stars for one toon is clearly ridiculous and needs to be revised.

I understand it's not ideal to take a Korean game made for P2W and ultra grind and bring it to the west, but I do want this game to have a decent life here.

figures

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
I love the game so far and very much appreciate your hard work. But here is some of my ("negative") feedback so far.

Matching system could use some work. Most notably, it removes you from queue when you're questing and happen to enter a "dungeon" (which may not even really be a dungeon) -- and it also doesn't tell you that. It would be nice if it always stayed queued.

Profanity filter is terrible. Please add an option to disable it.

Scholars can't heal "just anyone" (e.g. outside of the group) -- they should be able to. If there are other friendly/ally abilities that are affected like this, change those too.

The top action bar is smaller than the rest and also doesn't allow multiple skill chaining like the rest. It would be nice if it supported chains, and also if it could be resized I guess?

The action bars are kinda bad for mouse clickers. Even when you lock them, it will pop up the multi/chain thing unless you RIGHT click. I don't think it should pop them up if it's locked, but maybe get some more feedback on this. I don't actually click often, I just noticed it and it annoyed me.

Some of the blue (star) quests don't seem to allow auto pathing, or even show the location. Not sure why.

Sometimes pressing the action key (default F) doesn't start to progress quests and you're forced to use the mouse.

Invert axis mouse option please! Also, the game doesn't seem to natively support all mouse buttons (side buttons etc.); I'm not talking about something like the Naga with NUMPAD, I mean actual MOUSE BUTTONS.

The inventory system is great with the tabs, but it could use more space -- especially for materials, in my opinion.

Why can't you put locked items in storage?

Make mounts faster? Are there upgraded mounts? I don't know.

Astels dance with us. Why don't they REST with us to recover HP faster?

Also might help to add some little tooltips for first time players as they progress.
In chat, we're often asked how to access product vault for example.
A lot of people don't know about the achievements or star guide, or how to claim rewards from them.
Some people press H (put their Astels on Hold) by mistake and don't know what's going on. May want to introduce that, and a bunch of other things could be added I'm sure.
It would be cool to have a little bubble show up with an X and a "Turn off tips" options.

PS: Hire me so I can ban some of these bots and gold sellers that already exist. I'm cheap. ;)

Last edited:

Venkas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
Our Character's seem very lifeless and I realized they don't blink nor do they show any emotion at idle. They stare blankly at whereever and when you zoom in on the face, they just stare at YOU with a blank stare o_O

StormyMoon

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Can we get some more payment options, possibly through one of the prepaid game cards like Rixty or something since I don't like the idea of having to spend an extra 5-6 dollars on an activation fee anytime I want to spend money on this game since visas are the only prepaid option that works.

Venkas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
OK now that I have played for a while, i feel like we should address the Astel progression system.
The insane amount of points needed to bring Astels to 3 and 4 and 5 stars is consistent with a P2W system where you would buy Astel packs like what it's happening in Korea. Since this is not available in NA and EU, the point system needs to be brought down or the points rewards brought higher than 10. Grinding 2 years to get 2 Astels to 5 stars for one toon is clearly ridiculous and needs to be revised.

I understand it's not ideal to take a Korean game made for P2W and ultra grind and bring it to the west, but I do want this game to have a decent life here.
I think Astels should be account bound. If we are going to be grinding using the ticket system, I should be able to make progress on my Astels on any character. Even if the Astel is level capped based on who it is summoned on.

Reactions: Nomios

Trinity

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
items in the cash shop are expensive. i support all the games i play. but this seems alittle excessive. i know yall need to make money. but.....
also, where are the buff/debuff icons?
there are other QOL stuff i posted in the forums. add more while i play.
great game so far.
how do i get the mount i bought from the cash shop to my other characters?

Venkas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
items in the cash shop are expensive. i support all the games i play. but this seems alittle excessive. i know yall need to make money. but.....
also, where are the buff/debuff icons?
there are other QOL stuff i posted in the forums. add more while i play.
great game so far.
how do i get the mount i bought from the cash shop to my other characters?
Try unlocking Account storage (Right click the lock on the bottom of the storage window UI. Costs 100k) and dropping it in there.

EDIT: It let me drop it in so that should do it (y)

Static_Laughter

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Leatherworking needs to have its EXP gain tuned to be able to keep up with other professions that always require it, and the drop rates on leathers needs to be increased substantially. It becomes next to impossible to craft relevant gear for your level with blacksmithing due to leatherworking dropping so far behind.

Reactions: Venkas and RedRobot

RedRobot

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
Red Mane drop rate is awful (for the special items). We can only get them for a few levels, AND even if they DO drop, only 1 person gets them. Since they are necessary for the Star's Tale, they ought to drop every time, especially considering how long it takes to kill him. Not to mention that the other loot it drops is junk. A boss of his level shouldn't drop ANY common items.