Most required classes

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
By lvl 50 you don't gonna have all Astells and no you don't gonna have them to star 3 wtf
You thinking to play this by yourself or using always LVL-Up NPC ?

Why i'm even talking with you ? Or you even reading what i'm writing ?

Astells are additional gear you get and what's it make unbalanced in balanced fights
1. You will have every astel by 50, most are received from main/side quests others are gotten by dungeon rewards for that first run, so yes you will, even saviors. Now 3 star i will grant is luck based but people have done it numerous time in KR. Hell, i almost had rota at 3 star myself before the lvl 50 npc. I ran the first dungeon a lot due to limited play time, and she was my reward pretty often. Also got Adia Glacier and Grimorie from it.

2. Balanced fight my ass, if just astels are removed. If gear is different, balance just went out the window and you're completely ignoring that there are more than just gear, upgrade or astel variables in play. You want to ignore them, fine knock yourself out.

If you don't get that Astels are not the only thing in a fight, even if they are removed that make a fight unbalanced, then i cant help you.
Maybe someone with more elegance can explain to you, cause i sure cant.

Last edited:

AOE

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
1. You will have every astel by 50, most are received from main/side quests others are gotten by dungeon rewards for that first run, so yes you will, even saviors. Now 3 star i will grant is luck based but people have done it numerous time in KR.

2. Balanced fight my ass. If gear is different balance just went out the window and you're completely ignoring that there are more than just gear, upgrade or astel variables in play. You want to ignore them, fine knock yourself out.

If you don't get that Astels are not the only thing in a fight, even if they are removed that make a fight unbalanced, then i cant help you.
Maybe someone with more elegance can explain to you, cause i sure cant.
Again your experience from what ? KR people ?
Play our version and get 50 by yourself, stop discussing with me things that you don't know.

Now i understand that you don't even know about what i'm talking
Google by yourself whats balanced arenas are in Archeage or B&S

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Again your experience from what ? KR people ?
Play our version and get 50 by yourself, stop discussing with me things that you don't know.
My Rota was almost 3 star and i played during the week only 5-6 hours a day, so yea its possible.
My level when the 50 npc was added, 24 or 25.
That was the CBT1. You quit assuming how bout that.

AOE

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
By level 50, you will have all Astels and several of them will be above 1 star base, some as high as 3.
Try again, lvl to 50 by yourself and talk anything
Some of us lvled to 50 by themself only with 5-6 hours a day n CBT 1

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
So because you didnt have them all, it's impossible is it? Glad you cleared that up.

I can't prove you wrong there, but with the various achievement and other ways to get those Astel packs that were available, I just have to wonder. Sounds like you rushed the level process and skipped some content. But again, i cant prove one way or another.

So we'll just have to take you at your word wont we.

AOE

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
i'm not talking with you about your life and what you achieved or not =?
The discussion was about balanced 1 vs 1 pvp without astels. But you proved you have no experience in it, even know what's balanced pvp is.

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Actually the topic is most required class, which has nothing to do with PvP.
I was top 25 in the rankings for the arena when i last checked, before game closed.
So yea keep digging your little hole deeper and deeper.

You failed to understand astel are a major component of the game, and the largest dynamic with in it, and is part of EVERY aspect of the game. If you wish to delude yourself and say its not balanced for some BS reason, when its part of every facet of play, you're entitled to it.
The fact is at this point, you're wrong. EG I'm not going to agree with you and you aren't going to agree with me.

You've been openly hostile to most of my posts, you have even blately pointed out the one time you have agreed with me. You will be ignored from now on.

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Yup, tank was most requested but it's closed beta so doesn't really mean much at this point. At release it can be the total opposite lol. I personally would have played a tank if it were female since no one wanted to play them. But the order will most likely always be Tank, healer then GOOD dps, in terms of relevance.

vio

Astellian
May 25, 2019
Right gear does not mean good gear. Probably healer can use basic gear to heal in end game dungeon. I did not compare the healing difference in different level of gears. Honestly I rarely saw people complained about " not enough heal " in other games.

In MapleStory 2, the healer only need to reach the minimum required gearscore to do raids.
In Bless Online, paladin can heal a full party in any dungeon with basic gears.
In GW2, every class got healing skills but nobody choose the stats that increase healing.
and in FFXIV healers with basic gear were frowned upon because they couldnt handle doing end game content until they had enough def / mdef to survive through some of the aoe's released instead of getting 1 hit ko'd.

I didnt bother to check the legendary dungeons during the cbt1 but i really do hope they are challenging at least for parties

Reactions: Blümchen

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
I did not have a problem solo at all. During group play I only got low on mana on the final boss of some dungeons and if we pulled a lot of mobs.
Mana Potions, Mana HOT potions, and Lv 13 mana regain spell helps to keep it up.

Tanks were being looked for a lot in CB1.
Why are you telling lies. There's no such thing as a tank... you'll have better luck finding a unicorn!!

I';; make a tank if they give a female option for one.

• Haha
Reactions: CM Venecia

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
@Iyo ,
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm the minority or maybe just too old cschool here.
If a scholar is having to heal anyone outside of the Tank, the DPS'ers are doing it wrong.

I say this for 2 reasons:
1. If you're a DPS and pulling agro off the tank... (do i really need to say this in this day and age of MMO's?)
2. Everyone has Astels. Everyone has healing Astels too, Ram/Aeries is gotten pretty earlier in the game.
You can have more then one out for more than enough time to heal, so there is just NO EXCUSE not to call a healing Astel yourself if it's needed.

Again, and maybe i am the minority, I shouldn't have to heal anyone but the tank, cause that's everyone's life line, tank dies, we all die...period.
I myself summon healing Astels when needed, and dont waste mana healing myself when it's better to keep the tank up.

Just my thoughts on it from a Scholar's point of view.
I have a saying " You cant heal stupid!" If a dpser pulls aggro off the tank by unloading **** before the tank can gain good aggro they will die in my group and learn from it or wont be in my group again. I am not an elitest as @Xovian said you should know. I don't care how good a dpsers damage is their armor always sux compared to a tank and in most circumstances they will get one shot! that is simply no-ones fault but their own. hence my saying. I value good dpsers in my group but I value smart ones more!

This too is from a scholars point of view

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
A good healer is focused on every member of his/her party. There are mechanics you can´t avoid as a DD. For example whole area is red and will explode.
Though this is an unrealistic expectation, I wish that would be true, but then maybe not, because would make the game too easy and that is boring after a while at least.

But you would be right:
IF
1. a healer has enough mana to spend without any mana management worries
+ AND
2. has either instant cast AoE and single target skills, with enough high heal output to counter the incoming damage, in a lag free environment or the whole delay being short enough to allow observing & reacting, targeting and activating skills
THEN (and only if above 2 points are true)
== a good healer could & should keep everyone alive

While this of course is impossible, I'm still not mocking the intention to keep everyone alive: that's the motivation driving every support focused player; they love helping others. I know I do.
It's just not possible. The healer would need cheat mode & God mode and even then, while saving one, the other could die.

That's why the healer must have priorities, and no matter how bad feeling it is, have to admit that can't save everyone.

in a good party the DD classes don´t have to summon any healer astel for whole of the time with a good healer
That's more close to truth, likely no need to have a healer Astel out 100% of time, just have it ready when needed, even 2 or 3 healer Astels at once for a heal spike. Managing Astels, having the right one at the right time and more, is all part of being a good Astellian.

Reactions: Blümchen

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
I value good dpsers in my group but I value smart ones more!
Don't we all. :)

That's more close to truth, likely no need to have a healer Astel out 100% of time, just have it ready when needed, even 2 or 3 healer Astels at once for a heal spike. Managing Astels, having the right one at the right time and more, is all part of being a good Astellian.
I will concur, the need to have one out 100% of the time should not be needed for any decent party.
I will admit, my first Legend run i had Aida out, cause i didnt know how bad the damage spikes would be.
Once i knew the trash wasnt going to flatten the tank in one hit i switched of course.

[general thoughts]
I will ere on the side of caution when facing an unknown. I wish others would at least do the same by having the Astel at the ready it case it starts going south. We've all run into those who wont even use healing pots when in a group, and that truly boggles my mind. Why do people throw out what they did, and learned, solo for the last 20 some-odd levels just because a group is now formed. It's like everything they learned just went out the window.

People wonder why there is either a lack of tanks or lack of healers in MMO's. It's a simple answer IMO, they / we get tired of dealing with people that wont even use the knowledge they learned in the first 5 levels of the game. A healing pot is not hard to use, neither are Astels, use em when needed, that's what they are there for.

Saying a "good" healer doesn't require people helping themselves, is a misnomer, because i don't care how good you are or how good you think you are, you've had party wipes before as a healer. It's the constant that every healer tries to avoid, for Death is always one step behind us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iyo

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
Also depends which dungeon. I could as healer, in FFXIV in starter dungeons, keep everyone alive, but that was also because the tanks were exceptional and barely needed heals. Some of the DPS were sometimes complete newbies, even staying in a fire AoE while their health was slowly dropping, not even noticing it. I still saved them because I could, but can't say I was a "good healer" by not allowing them to die and learn. And of course they weren't reading chat, was like they were watching a movie on another screen.

Healers shouldn't be babysitters for DPS, their only baby is the tank (well, let's hope not, a bad tank surely will kill everyone)

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Healers shouldn't be babysitters for DPS, their only baby is the tank (well, let's hope not, a bad tank surely will kill everyone)
And all the healers said "Amen". :)

Also, don't get me wrong, if i can save someone, i do, it's just common sense & courtesy for the group.
It's just not something i will focus on. Green bar wak-a-mole can become tedious at times.

Reactions: Iyo and Evo

vio

Astellian
May 25, 2019
I have a saying " You cant heal stupid!" If a dpser pulls aggro off the tank by unloading **** before the tank can gain good aggro they will die in my group and learn from it or wont be in my group again.
lol you sound exactly as I was when i did healing before..... if they do stupid stuff to get agro or even try to pull like they're a tank then i let em die till they learn and if they dont then i dont bother with them again.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I am pretty sure Warrior and Assassin will be the least popular classes for two jiggling reasons.

About healing stupid: healers will always be the silent heroes of MMOs. As such, i accept that i sometimes have to carry the group. My awesomeness will not be blemished by healing a retards ass every now and then. So, yeah. I'm gonna heal stupid.