New Packages

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
The headstart can't really be called a headstart. It's more like an open beta than anything, so it really holds no value in itself.

Plus it's not just the 2x nair and 100 storage tickets, it's the 2x appearance change token and an astel skin you get to pick (from what i've gathered). 1x appearance token cost 100gems = 200gems alone. You've got to look at the raw content value.

the raw content value you get from the $100 legendary package is lower than what you get out of the $80 package which cost less.
You dont think that a 7 day headstart holds any value?

figures

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
The headstart can't really be called a headstart. It's more like an open beta than anything, so it really holds no value in itself.

Plus it's not just the 2x nair and 100 storage tickets, it's the 2x appearance change token and an astel skin you get to pick (from what i've gathered). 1x appearance token cost 100gems = 200gems alone. You've got to look at the raw content value.

the raw content value you get from the $100 legendary package is lower than what you get out of the $80 package which cost less.
I disagree that headstart is "open beta", lol
It might as well be considered that now too then, because they still need to fix a lot of things.

I personally enjoyed playing and leveling before other people, and getting my character names.

Jaded_Magic

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
Ring of Exploration alone has been worth $100. Rather than collecting it from zender

Last edited:

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I am worried their business model is not very smart enough and they might make the same mistakes in the future to ruin this great game. They shouldn't really add any additional things to these new packs whatever they are. People value things differently so adding any new things can cause this kind of issue. If I knew what the new packs would be, I wouldn't buy the gold pack.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Seems like they are doing something on the shop pages. Just checked and now the standard subscription is unavailable as well.

Sagittarius

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
You got to play early that's what you was paying for.
The problem is lack or transparency and equality. I know several people that have said "if I knew they were going to give a better deal after headstart I would not have bought headstart."

Reactions: Terra

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Seems like they are doing something on the shop pages. Just checked and now the standard subscription is unavailable as well.
I think they have it set up that if you already have a package you can't get a new one. If I am signed in they Buy Now button is greyed out, but if I log out then they Buy Now is lite up and can be pressed.

Pepperluna

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
The problem is lack or transparency and equality. I know several people that have said "if I knew they were going to give a better deal after headstart I would not have bought headstart."
This. While is cool I got to play a few days early- I would have just waited if I knew I could get a better deal from the launch.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
the problem is, that they made it look, like peaple need to by a basic package to enter the game [buy to play]
the problem is, that they made it look, like these basic package would be available later for the 100$ (package price) ... just without the pre-order bonuses ... [that's at least, how it looked to me within their shop page]

and the major problem is, that they said, that pre-orderers would get these basic-packages and the pre-order bonus ...

now, they change the basic-packages on a whim,
making them cheaper (not even 1 weak passed since launch)

while at the same time denying the pre-orderers the full accec to these basic packages

the problem is their marketing and/or their communication ...

Jidaeng

Astellian
Jun 28, 2019
Hello, I didn't buy a package yet, I have a subscription to see if the game worth it, how do you guys feels now??
Scammed? no?

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
yes and no

yes, the game is worth it ... considering it cost me approximatly what ... 2, 3 ... somewhat cinema entries ...
i definitly have more fun with the game, than i would hve with the movie ;)

and i can see kinda potential within the game ...
it's nothing groundbreaking ... nothing realy good ... but it avoids many bads

which makes it a [translation mess and starting issues overlooked] pretty solid and fun game for me

however, no
ther advertisment/marketing ... and the way, they handled the packages does make me feel entirely scammed off and makes me feer, that this company will just turn out another koreacashgrab ...

so i realy have mixed feelings
the game is fun ... the handling of their cashstore not so

Kethianna

Astellian
Aug 30, 2019
No, not really. It's just like an open beta. No real value in itself.
No, open beta and head start are not the same at all. Once open beta ends EVERYTHING gets wiped, your characters and items gone unlike head start where you'll keep your character and progress.

Anyway,

In retrospective they should've made 4 head start packages. The 99$ founders pack with cbt 1 + 2 access, and a cheaper version of it once cbt 1 + 2 were no longer available. But that's a 'could have, should have, would have' kind of thing.
From how I see it, there's 3 angles in this that Barunson E&A needs to look at when dealing with this.

1. Founders: Aren't happy with being given less than the basic package and quite a few that bought (myself included) bought the package at a very late date, so we didn't get to play cbt 1 + 2. Seen the basic package having more than ours irks me a bit.
2. New players: The packages needs to be good and Barunson E&A aren't wrong to make them this good, since potentional buyers needs this kind of incentive to spend money on the expensive b2p option. That even more so, when we take into account that we're getting closer to AA:U release date.
3. Press: It's currently risky to keep it as it is, since if a streamers and game journalists decide to dig into this, then it's easy for them to make the company look bad. It could drive potential buyers away from trying the game.

A solution in my book would be to make the current most expensive b2p 'less' and closer to founder's pack, while giving founder's pack owners a little extra, but not too much as to not lose revenue. Just an opinion.

Reactions: Caeldori and Terra

Blaide

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
Hello, 100$ pre-order package buyer here x2 (For me and my wife) spent 200$. To make this right in my eyes we should be reimbursed 100 storage tickets and the weapon/armor skin box we didnt get. We are level 38ish and there seems to be only 1 of each obtainable by completing the first two zones.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Hello, 100$ pre-order package buyer here x2 (For me and my wife) spent 200$. To make this right in my eyes we should be reimbursed 100 storage tickets and the weapon/armor skin box we didnt get. We are level 38ish and there seems to be only 1 of each obtainable by completing the first two zones.
You got skins and a mount for EVERY character you create. And you got beewax tokens + cbt + headstart...

The new package got 1 skin you´ve to choose on one character.
I listed everything above and the old legendary package is much more worth than the new one. Maybe not in your eyes, but definately in money.

Reactions: Caeldori

Sagittarius

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
You got skins and a mount for EVERY character you create. And you got beewax tokens + cbt + headstart...

The new package got 1 skin you´ve to choose on one character.
I listed everything above and the old legendary package is much more worth than the new one. Maybe not in your eyes, but definately in money.
There is a $68 difference in value difference. A mount and 1 week head start is not worth $68. And as I said, the main problem is that they didnt let people know that there would be a better pack after release.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
There is a $68 difference in value difference. A mount and 1 week head start is not worth $68. And as I said, the main problem is that they didnt let people know that there would be a better pack after release.

And in which value difference you get 68$?

You got EXCLUSIV SKINS and an EXCLUSIV MOUNT for every character you create. You´re able to create 8 characters which means:

8 x 18$ (standard mount price) + 8 x 18$ (standard skinset price)

= 288$

Mounts and Skinsets aren´t for every character if you buy them in the shop and those we got, are exclusiv so probably even more worth. Meanwhile you can get every stuff from the new package ingame.

The old one is much more worth than the new one. And if someone miss 100x slots, 1 character ticket and some niar, he / she could pay for that ingame right now for 40$ and the old package would´ve still a better value.

And as far as i know is, that CM Venecia answered somewhere, that the packages will change + it was pretty much obvious that they will.

The new ones aren´t better than the old. You might dislike the skins, but the money / exclusiveness and other stuff says enough about that. Everyone who´s complaining is just greedy, nothing else. You all knew what you´ve bought and even if you would´ve known about the new package, you would have bought the old one, just because of a mount and exclusiveness.
I know that, you know that, we all know that... no need to cry now... if you´re really in need of niar or 100x slots, then buy it.

Reactions: Caeldori

Sagittarius

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
And in which value difference you get 68$?

You got EXCLUSIV SKINS and an EXCLUSIV MOUNT for every character you create. You´re able to create 8 characters which means:

8 x 18$ (standard mount price) + 8 x 18$ (standard skinset price)

= 288$

Mounts and Skinsets aren´t for every character if you buy them in the shop and those we got, are exclusiv so probably even more worth. Meanwhile you can get every stuff from the new package ingame.

The old one is much more worth than the new one. And if someone miss 100x slots, 1 character ticket and some niar, he / she could pay for that ingame right now for 40$ and the old package would´ve still a better value.

And as far as i know is, that CM Venecia answered somewhere, that the packages will change + it was pretty much obvious that they will.

The new ones aren´t better than the old. You might dislike the skins, but the money / exclusiveness and other stuff says enough about that. Everyone who´s complaining is just greedy, nothing else. You all knew what you´ve bought and even if you would´ve known about the new package, you would have bought the old one, just because of a mount and exclusiveness.
I know that, you know that, we all know that... no need to cry now... if you´re really in need of niar or 100x slots, then buy it.
Honestly, not sure why you are being so rude. You can disagree but there is no need to personally attack the people that have an opinion that is different from your own. Don't presume to know what I or other people "would have really done" when wr are blatantly saying that we would have waited. Also, calling people that have a complaint greedy is very rude. I'm not going to bother to respond to you anymore as you dont really want to be a part of the discussion you simply want to fight people.