New Packages

Pepperluna

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
And in which value difference you get 68$?

You got EXCLUSIV SKINS and an EXCLUSIV MOUNT for every character you create. You´re able to create 8 characters which means:

8 x 18$ (standard mount price) + 8 x 18$ (standard skinset price)

= 288$

Mounts and Skinsets aren´t for every character if you buy them in the shop and those we got, are exclusiv so probably even more worth. Meanwhile you can get every stuff from the new package ingame.

The old one is much more worth than the new one. And if someone miss 100x slots, 1 character ticket and some niar, he / she could pay for that ingame right now for 40$ and the old package would´ve still a better value.

And as far as i know is, that CM Venecia answered somewhere, that the packages will change + it was pretty much obvious that they will.

The new ones aren´t better than the old. You might dislike the skins, but the money / exclusiveness and other stuff says enough about that. Everyone who´s complaining is just greedy, nothing else. You all knew what you´ve bought and even if you would´ve known about the new package, you would have bought the old one, just because of a mount and exclusiveness.
I know that, you know that, we all know that... no need to cry now... if you´re really in need of niar or 100x slots, then buy it.
Ummm, no? Don't assume that you know what people would buy? The issue is no one really knew that this package was coming out after the game launched so they didn't have the option of choosing which to purchase. Idk how some of y'all ain't getting it- yeah, I could have waited but I didn't know they were going to release a new package for nearly the same stuff...then on top of that even if I was going to buy the new package on top of the old one- I can't because it not available. :/

Reactions: grundie

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Honestly, not sure why you are being so rude. You can disagree but there is no need to personally attack the people that have an opinion that is different from your own. Don't presume to know what I or other people "would have really done" when wr are blatantly saying that we would have waited. Also, calling people that have a complaint greedy is very rude. I'm not going to bother to respond to you anymore as you dont really want to be a part of the discussion you simply want to fight people.
I don´t want to fight anyone or anything, but reading stuff like "We should get reimbursed with ..." is greediness. And i haven´t attacked someone personal. If you feel insulted, because i quoted you then sry. I write those stuff more in general.
But hey...
Everyone here knew what was in that legendary package and it is obviously more worth than the new one. Everyone who was not sure about it or dislike the skins had the chance to wait.
But humans are humans... they can´t wait and want it all. And it´s mostly easier to complain afterwards.

Ummm, no? Don't assume that you know what people would buy? The issue is no one really knew that this package was coming out after the game launched so they didn't have the option of choosing which to purchase. Idk how some of y'all ain't getting it- yeah, I could have waited but I didn't know they were going to release a new package for nearly the same stuff...then on top of that even if I was going to buy the new package on top of the old one- I can't because it not available. :/
Yes i assume that the majority would´ve bought the 100$ package for its exclusiveness and the cbt/headstart, especially when you can get all of the 80€ package ingame or in the cash-shop if needed.

Reactions: Caeldori

Pepperluna

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
I don´t want to fight anyone or anything, but reading stuff like "We should get reimbursed with ..." is greediness. And i haven´t attacked someone personal. If you feel insulted, because i quoted you then sry. I write those stuff more in general.
But hey...
Everyone here knew what was in that legendary package and it is obviously more worth than the new one. Everyone who was not sure about it or dislike the skins had the chance to wait.
But humans are humans... they can´t wait and want it all. And it´s mostly easier to complain afterwards.

Yes i assume that the majority would´ve bought the 100$ package for its exclusiveness and the cbt/headstart, especially when you can get all of the 80€ package ingame or in the cash-shop if needed.
You still don't get it, do you? its not just about the exclusive items and/or head start; its about the choice, we didn't get the choice nor do we have the ability to buy the difference. For example ppl who paid for the lower tier ones can't upgrade. Tbh, it sounds like you want to press your options on everyone else regardless of what is being explained to you and no matter how many times its been said.

Reactions: Moukah

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
i for my part thought, that [this game being a buy to play title],
it would only offer the basic gaming package for their 100$ after launch without the pre-order bonus

that, at the verry least, was how it seemed like within their store / how i understood it

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I don´t want to fight anyone or anything, but reading stuff like "We should get reimbursed with ..." is greediness
asking for the full basic package,
when the full basic package was sold has nothing to do with greediness

the thing, that this company did with the pre-orderers ... that is greedineyy

Pepperluna

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
i for my part thought, that [this game being a buy to play title],
it would only offer the basic gaming package for their 100$ after launch without the pre-order bonus

that, at the verry least, was how it seemed like within their store / how i understood it
That's understandable. I guess my issue is just how the whole thing is handled. I was getting emails for days prior implying the pre-order packages would be gone forever which is why I bought one, if I knew they were just going to have a similar package minus a few things. I could have waited.

Sagittarius

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Anything been discuss about what is going to happen about this mess?
Only the post by the staff member Wes saying that they would be watching this thread for feedback while they decide on an appropriate response. There have yet to be any other official responses.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
You still don't get it, do you? its not just about the exclusive items and/or head start; its about the choice, we didn't get the choice nor do we have the ability to buy the difference. For example ppl who paid for the lower tier ones can't upgrade. Tbh, it sounds like you want to press your options on everyone else regardless of what is being explained to you and no matter how many times its been said.
It seems more the other way round. I can understand some opinions, but there are always different point of views.

I explained why the old one is more worth than the new one.
I explained why i would call some guys greedy here.
And i said, that i would assume, that the most would´ve bought the old one.

You in your case came with your "but i would´ve bought the new one" - opinion. Ok then, but that doesn´t change anything that already happened in the past. And you had the choice between 3 packages, 1 abonnement or the option to wait. And you can still buy the difference ingame and i bet you can craft / loot those armor skins as real ingame armors.
Sure it could´ve been a thing before too, but actually there isn´t much wrong with it.

That some guys can´t upgrade is ,as far as i know, acknowledged, since there is a sentence on the website like "Yes you can upgrade later!". I guess there will be a fix for that.

asking for the full basic package,
when the full basic package was sold has nothing to do with greediness

the thing, that this company did with the pre-orderers ... that is greedineyy
At the time of the pre-order, it was the "basic legendary pre order package". And it´s still more worth than the new one since it´s exclusive and the mount + skins will be there for every character you create in your astellia-time.

And just to compare it to every other stuff in the world:

- There are enough discounts or similar stuff everywhere and within the next day, packages or prices can change. It´s pretty much standard everywhere that things changes over night. Some weeks ago i bought A plagues Tale - Innocence on steam full price and 2 day later it was there with a discount. But when i bought it, nobody told me and there was no sentence, that it´ll be cheaper the next day...That´s life...

That's understandable. I guess my issue is just how the whole thing is handled. I was getting emails for days prior implying the pre-order packages would be gone forever which is why I bought one, if I knew they were just going to have a similar package minus a few things. I could have waited.
Well 90% of the old package is ingame-shop stuff and it was only said, that the mount + skins are exclusive. It was quite obvious that there will be a package with nearly the same stuff and price. That´s how nearly every B2P game works so far.
Ok you might didn´t expect that, but then i´ve to ask, is it your first MMORPG / B2P game?

Some other games like Destiny goes so far, that they sell with each new bigger addon a completely new collector´s edition with cool stuff, but if you already got the vanilla - CE, you´ve to pay again for the vanilla-game or you buy the addon separately and ignore the new exclusive CE - stuff.

Overall we still knew what we´ve bought. Arguing because "someone expected something" isn´t the right way is it?

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Anything been discuss about what is going to happen about this mess?
the same as they did about the "first 5 players to reach lvl 50 ... but can't even log into the servers" mess

big radio silence,
the players will forget it anyway

Pepperluna

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
It seems more the other way round. I can understand some opinions, but there are always different point of views.

I explained why the old one is more worth than the new one.
I explained why i would call some guys greedy here.
And i said, that i would assume, that the most would´ve bought the old one.

You in your case came with your "but i would´ve bought the new one" - opinion. Ok then, but that doesn´t change anything that already happened in the past. And you had the choice between 3 packages, 1 abonnement or the option to wait. And you can still buy the difference ingame and i bet you can craft / loot those armor skins as real ingame armors.
Sure it could´ve been a thing before too, but actually there isn´t much wrong with it.

That some guys can´t upgrade is as far as i know acknowledged, since there is a sentence on the website like "Yes you can upgrade later!". I guess there will be a fix for that.

At the time of the pre-order, it was the "basic legendary pre order package". And it´s still more worth than the new one since it´s exclusive and the mount + skins will be there for every character you create in your astellia-time.

And just to compare it to every other stuff in the world:

- There are enough discounts or similar stuff everywhere and within the next day, packages or prices can change. It´s pretty much standard everywhere that things changes over night. Some weeks ago i bought A plagues Tale - Innocence on steam full price and 2 day later it was there with a discount. But when i bought it, nobody told me and there was no sentence, that it´ll be cheaper the next day...That´s life...

Well 90% of the old package is ingame-shop stuff and it was only said, that the mount + skins are exclusive. It was quite obvious that there will be a package with nearly the same stuff and price. That´s how nearly every B2P game works so far.
Ok you might didn´t expect that, but then i´ve to ask, is it your first MMORPG / B2P game?

Some other games like Destiny goes so far, that they sell with each new bigger addon a completely new collector´s edition with cool stuff, but if you already got the vanilla - CE, you´ve to pay again for the vanilla-game or you buy the addon separately and ignore the new CE - stuff.

Overall we still knew what we´ve bought. Arguing because "someone expected something" isn´t the right way is it?
At this point you are either trolling or being willfully obtuse. calling people greedy for not having the choice to choose between packages and then claiming we could make buy the same stuff we are missing is wild to me. Why should we be doing extra for the same stuff other people can buy in packages we can't buy or will have to at a later date. why is it at a later date for those who pre-ordered? that makes no sense at all. you did the calculations but again; you are going around the point other people and myself are making- the choice and the false pretenses of having pre-order options not available after launch- I got lots of emails pushing to buy the pre-order based off of limited time deals

. if its not problem for you then why are you in this discussion? you clearly think this way of selling packages is fine in this game. So why are you so into us 'greedy' folks talking about how we feeling on the situation?

Reactions: grundie

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
At the time of the pre-order, it was the "basic legendary pre order package".
no, at the time of the pre-order, it was the "legendary package"

split into two tiers / halfs
the first one called "pre-order only"
the second one called "basic package"

and now it is "deluxe package"

split into one tier named basicpackage [the direct 1:1 translation from german used in both, the pre-order and the deluxe package would be gaming-packet]

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
I listed everything above and the old legendary package is much more worth than the new one. Maybe not in your eyes, but definately in money.
It doesn't work that way, because value is subjective. I.e. for me both extra character slots and Rota skin are worth exactly 0.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
It doesn't work that way, because value is subjective. I.e. for me both extra character slots and Rota skin are worth exactly 0.
+ cbt accec, which is worth literally 0 if you preordered too late
+ the mount/skin ... yes, sure they are exclusive ... and yes, sure i kinda want to have them / like them

but if i'd have to decide ... another otufit regularly available within the shop would fit my actual character a lot better than the pre-order on [kinda sad, that we can't choos which utfits we'd want ... that would have been fancy x3]

and quit honestly ... i'm not so sure, if the horse realy looks so much better than the tiger ... or if it's not rather the opposite

value of cosmetic items, skins, outfits always lies within the eye of the viewer

and yes ... the mount is a symbol for "hey, i trusted the company, gave them the benefit of the doubt, that they would create something good and payed 100$ to support it, without even knowing, how good/bad the endresult would be"

but the mount doesn't directly influence my gameplay or gaming experiance ...
if i have to constantly scrap stuff or not on the other hand does directly influence, how much fun i'll have within the game

simply alone becouse of that reason a comparison would be kinda sensless

but, to close the circle back again ...
all of that doesn't change the made arguments,
that we did in fact got a downgraded version of the basic package instead of the full basic package

Armaros

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Just my personal opinion here, but IF anything were to be done to try and make this a bit fairer, I would love to have the ring unbound to the single character and freely open to my account along with the extra bank space. I could look past the cosmetics and such and settle for the conveniences. But that's just me and obviously we each will have other opinions on the matter.

Reactions: Ereosa and grundie

grundie

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Just my personal opinion here, but IF anything were to be done to try and make this a bit fairer, I would love to have the ring unbound to the single character and freely open to my account along with the extra bank space. I could look past the cosmetics and such and settle for the conveniences. But that's just me and obviously we each will have other opinions on the matter.
This is something i wouldn't mind either!

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
The old one is much more worth than the new one. And if someone miss 100x slots, 1 character ticket and some niar, he / she could pay for that ingame right now for 40$ and the old package would´ve still a better value

Did you drop out of school or something a bit too early? Are you really that thick?

You get far more bang for your bucks with the new package. Use your brain and do the math, if you even know how to do math in the first place.

You all knew what you´ve bought and even if you would´ve known about the new package, you would have bought the old one, just because of a mount and exclusiveness.
If i had known that the mount would be just slightly faster than the free mount you get, no. I wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain 2X Niar's passing, i wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain 2X character appearance coupons, i wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain twice the raw content value at a lower price, i wouldn't.

If i had known there would be cooler looking mounts in the in-game shop, i wouldn't.

If i had known that there would be cooler looking default armor skins in-game, i wouldn't.

You got some serious issues if you think that the new deluxe package contains less value than the legendary package.

2x Character appearance coupons = 200gems = $20.
2x Niar's Passing = 200gems = $20.
100 storage slots = 1 pack with 5x10 slot = 2 = 90 gems = $9

With the new pack costing $20 less than the $100 package, the difference in raw content value is $69.

The mount being account wide doesn't mean much when there are better looking mounts available in the in-game shop.

Neither does it mean much when it comes to the armor skins when there are better looking armor in-game.

The chances are also that they'll add a re-colored version of both the mount and costume to the in-game shop at some point or through a future package.

And you got beewax tokens + cbt + headstart
Beeswax tokens? Are you bloody serious? That's a ZENDER SHOP ITEM..

Quite a lot of us bought the package after CBT had ended..

I'm so fed up with people complaining about people complaining about stuff that NEED to be complained about in order for the developers/publishers to make the necessary changes.

I'll say this right now, and hope that people understand it.

White knighting has a far more negative effect on a game than genuine feedback and criticism ever will, even if the criticism is negative.

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Did you drop out of school or something a bit too early? Are you really that thick?

You get far more bang for your bucks with the new package. Use your brain and do the math, if you even know how to do math in the first place.

If i had known that the mount would be just slightly faster than the free mount you get, no. I wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain 2X Niar's passing, i wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain 2X character appearance coupons, i wouldn't.

If i had known that the new package would contain twice the raw content value at a lower price, i wouldn't.

If i had known there would be cooler looking mounts in the in-game shop, i wouldn't.

If i had known that there would be cooler looking default armor skins in-game, i wouldn't.

You got some serious issues if you think that the new deluxe package contains less value than the legendary package.

2x Character appearance coupons = 200gems = $20.
2x Niar's Passing = 200gems = $20.
100 storage slots = 1 pack with 5x10 slot = 2 = 90 gems = $9

With the new pack costing $20 less than the $100 package, the difference in raw content value is $69.

The mount being account wide doesn't mean much, neither does the armor skin when there are better looking mounts available in the in-game shop.

The chances are also that they'll add a re-colored version of both the mount and costume to the in-game shop at some point or through a future package.

Beeswax tokens? Are you bloody serious? That's a ZENDER SHOP ITEM..

Quite a lot of us bought the package after CBT had ended..

I'm so fed up with people complaining about people complaining about stuff that NEED to be complained about in order for the developers/publishers to make the necessary changes.

I'll say this right now, and hope that people understand it.

White knighting has a far more negative effect on a game than genuine feedback and criticism ever will, even if the criticism is negative.
calling opinions you dont like white knighting isnt super productive. Its the same as calling people who are upset "trolls". The dude showed the german math of it which i didnt think of since i dont plan on making more than 1 toon. The fact you get more skins and mounts does play a factor if you make new toons. As the staff pointed out they are reading the thread so ideas on what you think they should do is prob better than flaming people you disagree with as white knights.

Honestly i think it would be cool if they did similar with the ring for the og founders and made it given to all new toons like the costumes are. This would make the founders pack have massive value over other packs.