New Server Opening [EU]

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

Since the official launch of Astellia, we have continued to see a steady growth in our community. Today we’re happy to announce that on October 11th, at 8:00am PDT | 17:00 CEST, we’ll be opening up an additional server for our European Service, named EU_Canceria. We’ve taken this approach when adding servers to ensure that not only do we maintain a high level of server stability. But also to support the natural growth of healthy and sustainable communities within each server.

It is worth noting that, server specific buffs (Norden’s Favor, Karza’s Guile, etc…), Zender, and unspent Gems are server specific, and are not carried over to a new server. Unclaimed and infinite claim pre-order items (ie: Costume / Mount) will still be available in the product vault as normal. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you that have decided to join us on this grand adventure. We look forward to seeing you in-game!

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
To be honest, I am not sure this is a good idea to split the player base on EU. It is always good when your server is quite busy and stays crowded even at non peak times. The lags and mob loading have improved this week and since there are always few players leaving the game, it would create a steady flow of players keeping everything on one server. Do not forget there is another MMO re-launching on the 15th, which will also take away a portion of players.
So even if its good, that EU player base is thriving, I do not welcome their decision to open a second server.
~ForestWolf

Azu

Astellian
Jul 29, 2019
The current server has a high population (bots included) but so far I didn't see any crash or waiting queue to connect. won't the newcomers on the new server feel a bit alone? let's hope not.

Reactions: Ryan

Killuelihie

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
If it lessens the Loading times for zoning etc... be my guest new server.
If not... I dont see the point in another server then. Maybe a few will go to the new server in high hopes for better loeading times...
Dunno, we will see.

Reactions: Azu

Azu

Astellian
Jul 29, 2019
If it lessens the Loading times for zoning etc... be my guest new server.
If not... I dont see the point in another server then. Maybe a few will go to the new server in high hopes for better loeading times...
Dunno, we will see.
Good point, I didn't think it that way, I was wondering why loading times were longer lately. ^^

Lydhe

Astellian
Jun 3, 2019
Maybe good for fresh starter, or old player like me who want a new beginning.

But In my opinion there is no point to open a new EU server, if you remove all Bots on EU_Aquarius you can gain A LOT of free space for new players, currently even with bots online there is no queue, and maybe there will be fewer players on the october 15 (Archeage Unchained) 2 EU servers bad idea.

Anyway if there less germans speaking on the General Channel on Eu_Canceria like if they are alone on the world...why not (but I can dreaming... :sneaky:)

Last edited:

Jidaeng

Astellian
Jun 28, 2019
It's cool to have a new server but can we have a server with only english, thank you.

I think the best thing now is to have a server for only german and an other server for english only.
Because it's so hard to understand german and really annoying to have the chat only in german, I understand nothing ㅜㅜ
Since I played on EU_Aquarius, I turned off the chat and I never use it because it was really annoying with everyone talking in german + the gold sellers spamming their thing.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lipino

Lipino

Astellian
Jul 24, 2019
All my names there are already taken, are they shared on both servers? It's weird because some names I have are not common at all.

Artemisa

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Idk about this, maybe if accounts can connect on both servers and keep ur progress, then would be a good idea...idk hows actually working...

Digital8ty

Astellian
Nov 10, 2019
Athanatos, dude... Don't scare me like that... I already got my scholar to 16 lvl on canceria... And u are now saying this is ghost server? Come on... And the other thing... Remember that at the begining even aquarius action house was empty... Give it some time... I belive it will get better with time... It's new server after all... 🥺

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
level 16... grats on playing your character for like.. an hour and a half? Back on topic. 2 servers just seem like a less than ideal situation regardless of the area. I came from Albion which was a single server for the entire world. Not even split between EU and NA. The player base is what provides the content beyond the dungeon grinding and with the release of Avalon and that being more or less the true endgame until actual raids start coming out. More players on a server will be an extremely important thing for keeping old players and enticing new ones to join and stay.