Newbie Question

Miserio

Astellian
Nov 2, 2019
Hello,

I just bought the game and started playing warrior. I have not really tanked in other MMOs, but I really liked what the warrior offered. My question is, would tanking as a warrior be too overwhelming for someone relatively new to tanking and very new the Astellia? I don't want to get to the point where I put a lot of time into him only to not be able to progress because the tanking in this game is unforgiving.

Thanks

Lone

Astellian
May 25, 2019
Hi there. I am a main 50 tank. It does get slow to kill things later on in the levels, but we make up for it via Mob killing. Thanks for our defences, we are capable of taking more hits longer. Usually killing 3-5 mobs at once. As for bosses and other things, we're able to survive longer than most classes when our astels spawn out. I've been able to solo 2-party member quest monsters while leveling up on my own.

While leveling up my tank, I had a party of 3 questing alongside me from 14 up until 25. I was solo, and they didn't want to respond to me at all. I managed to keep up with them in terms of leveling. Because they'd take one kill each, where I'd be mobbing 3-8 monsters at once, as many as I could handle. Same for the later levels. Many people will kill 1 monster at a time. Mobbing is your best friend in terms of leveling as a warrior in this game. Just see what you can manage and work with it.

Warriors are the least used class in this game, as you will see many groups looking for tanks. My suggestion is going for a full defensive tank, and having a guild to rely on for damage output.

Leveling in this game is a solo thing, as it's very easy to get ahead of a leveling partner. My character is named 'Loner', feel free to message me in game if you have any other questions. I am not the best, but skilled enough to handle myself with groups and parties.

Welcome to the world of Astellia.

Reactions: Ryan

Miserio

Astellian
Nov 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply!

From what you are saying it sounds like I would really like warrior later on. Is it difficult to tank dungeons?

I will definitely have to start looking for a guild then, one that I can get some practice in tanking and getting a good feel for the game.

I will be taking you up on that offer and sending you some messages when I get a little more into it. Oh, I did wonder, are there certain astells that work well with a warrior soloing? Right now I've just been using a healer and a dps now and then when I have the extra resource for it.

Lone

Astellian
May 25, 2019
Not difficult, per say. Can be at times in the later ones. Need to learn how to juggle your astels. When you're in parties, most likely won't have astels on you, as many tanks don't use astels in party situations. Personally, I don't use them unless I'm solo. they keep dying.

I'm weird, I tend to use a tank astel over others. Rota specifically. I use tanks to take the damage at first, then once my astels are down, I take the hits myself to finish off the bosses.

When I'm tanking the bosses myself, I have healer astels until another tank astel can jump in. When I'm mobbing, I have 1-2 healer astels. But that's just personal preference. Worked for me, so I kept with it.

Ryan

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Warrior is an awesome solo character. This alone is pretty much the reason why I haven't touched an alt past creating it lol