Official Headstart and Launch Times

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Stop with you're argument of I don't have my 7 day early access we have it because the final launch for eu still the 28. So 21--28.
And note that we all begin at the same universal time.
Legendary Pack
- Start Date: 9/20 @ 5:00pm PDT (2:00 CEST)
Platinum Pack
- Start Date: 9/23 @ 5:00pm PDT (2:00 CEST)
Gold Pack
- Start Date: 9/26 @ 5:00pm PDT (2:00 CEST)
Official Launch Start
- Start Date: 9/27 @ 5:00pm PDT (2:00 CEST)

where does it says 21 24 27 and 28th for EU players????

Reactions: Yooperwiz

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
Guys, calm down. They never said launch was on 27th for all time zones, same for headstart. Before claiming they used false advertisement learn the laws. They are still headstarting on the 20th and due to different time zones it is in the early morning of 21st for EU. Would you cause such a hassle if they launched it at 11:59 pm on the 20th? Would technically still be on the promised day, but what would it change for you? Being able to play 2 hours earlier...
Dont know why you guys stress so much about few hours if an MMO is supposed to be played long-term.

Use your brain to plan your play schedule around the times provided.

~ForestWolf

Gomuryong

Astellian
Sep 19, 2019
Stop with you're argument of I don't have my 7 day early access we have it because the final launch for eu still the 28. So 21--28.
And note that we all begin at the same universal time.
you are right. But to say that the 20 september begins when in reality the 21st begins is a contradiction. It is only necessary to provide adequate information so as to avoid confusion.

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Guys, calm down. They never said launch was on 27th for all time zones, same for headstart. Before claiming they used false advertisement learn the laws. They are still headstarting on the 20th and due to different time zones it is in the early morning of 21st for EU. Would you cause such a hassle if they launched it at 11:59 pm on the 20th? Would technically still be on the promised day, but what would it change for you? Being able to play 2 hours earlier...
Dont know why you guys stress so much about few hours if an MMO is supposed to be played long-term.

~ForestWolf
They never said anything untill yesterday 2 days before Headstart. Thats my biggest problem, Second part is that CM Gm devs etc seems they dont have to answer to us player/payer

Since 21 august i been asking about time servers goes live i asked for time both in mail Message on here twitter etc etc.i dont care really if it was 2 am or 4 am or 12 pm or what time so ever but still they lied about launchdates (and still havnt fix the dates) i still gonna play but this kind of crap 2-3 day before a headstart make it more Bless then ever

I been supporting this game since first day i could buy package.

Now Will be quit on forum because they dont change or answer anyway.

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
Some people are very upset, and though it's just about a game, and not a life threatening issue, not the start of the end of the world, it's still a real pain and they are right being upset. The starting hour is the worse time for EU, that's a fact: it's 2 AM. Add to that a potential few hours if things go wrong, not that we wish that, but can happen, and that's not just 2 AM but almost morning, after a night wasted with trying to log in. Let's hope this won't be the case, but it's wise to consider it and don't have another shock, no need of heart attack because of a game launch.

But then if you in EU, this should have been expected. I'm also upset, but not that much like others, who can't understand that it's about money that needs to be spend wisely (if we want a long life for Astellia), and beyond that real people (like you, the upset gamer paying customer like me) who will have one difficult job at that hour -- to make launch successful, software-wise of course, not by setting ideal launch hours for everyone.

If you feel they were silent about this, and they should have explained it by themselves, then you are right again. The company, Barunson E&A, really needs a voice like that of @CM Venecia
This is the proper way to communicate, when you want your players to follow through difficult decisions. Though we understand why you had to decide like this and many of us agree, still, a nice word goes far, and showing empathy is what these players need if you want your game to thrive.
Here is the quote all of you should read:

"While CM Aethon is double-checking if there is anything that can be done, we have to assume that this is going to be the final start time. The point of this is that we have to coordinate 3 teams in 3 different time zones, so our options are limited. We want to make sure that we can react to errors as soon as possible to ensure you a smooth start.
I am very sorry that this is not an ideal time for EU people and understand the anger, since I've read that some of you took the day off and/or changed their plans."
read full here https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/eu-headstart-time-pre-order-costumes-and-server-locations.1407/

The Community Managers did an awesome job. This message should be there at top and signed by Barunson E&A, first thing to see until this is all over.

P.S. @CM Aethon CM Venecia deserves a raise, please forward it to Barunson E&A, thank you!

Last edited:

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
But then if you in EU, this should have been expected. I'm also upset, but not that much like others, who can't understand that it's about money that needs to be spend wisely (if we want a long life for Astellia), and beyond that real people (like you, the upset gamer paying customer like me) who will have one difficult job at that hour -- to make launch successful, software-wise of course, not by setting ideal launch hours for everyone.
thats just the thing about money. Understand its a small company etc but not spending any money is not wisely ;) 1-4 first weeks are very importent for success and saving money and making half the community not be able to play whit friends and guildes is not a way to save money.

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
thats just the thing about money. Understand its a small company etc but not spending any money is not wisely ;) 1-4 first weeks are very importent for success and saving money and making half the community not be able to play whit friends and guildes is not a way to save money.
I agree with you, I can see that part very well, because I'm in the same boat, starting on EU.
I'm just more upset that the good vibe this community have/had got hit, not so much by a decision that may make sense if we look at the bigger picture and likely limitations they have (MMO's are a risky business after all), but because their official messages are void of any word of empathy.

@CM Aethon These are the moments when Barunson E&A can step up and shine, and costs no money to do so. Just the right words. That's the best publicity a company can have: a reputation for not being like EA and the likes. There's at least two sides of each coin and both can be right at the same time; and that's the moment when both sides can show understanding and use it to get closer to each other, and not fall apart.

Reactions: ForestWolf and eXz

LisaVess

Astellian
Sep 18, 2019

~ForestWolf
What if people have taken vacations in the company to play on the 20st?

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I agree with you, I can see that part very well, because I'm in the same boat, starting on EU.
I'm just more upset that the good vibe this community have/had got hit, not so much by a decision that may make sense if we look at the bigger picture and likely limitations they have (MMO's are a risky business after all), but because their official messages are void of any word of empathy.

@CM Aethon These are the moments when Barunson E&A can step up and shine, and costs no money to do so. Just the right words. That's the best publicity a company can have: a reputation for not being like EA and the likes. There's at least two sides of each coin and both can be right at the same time; and that's the moment when both sides can show understanding and use it to get closer to each other, and not fall apart.
i Will see you at 2 am then 😁

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
What if people have taken vacations in the company to play on the 20st?
This is not the fault of the publisher if you decide to take a day off on a date when even the launch time was not announced. In my 20 years MMO experience I have not seen a single release without technical troubles on the first day, so taking a holiday on the launch day is anyway a risk, even more so if you dont have any information about the launch time.

Treysar

Astellian
Sep 15, 2019
ok obviously you eu people cant tell time your losing nothing except when your 7 days start both NA and EU start at the exact same time globally the launch date will be the 28th in the EU not the 27th. but yes you start the 21st if your legendary. Now I for one get your frustration and have also voiced that I thought it was a late start and that you guys have a legit complaint. But its not the time you are losing just the time it starts isnt advantages and backs up EU launch to the 28th.

Reactions: Deadpool1999

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
ok obviously you eu people cant tell time your losing nothing except when your 7 days start both NA and EU start at the exact same time globally the launch date will be the 28th in the EU not the 27th. but yes you start the 21st if your legendary. Now I for one get your frustration and have also voiced that I thought it was a late start and that you guys have a legit complaint. But its not the time you are losing just the time it starts isnt advantages and backs up EU launch to the 28th.
I dont think seems to understand what we eu player mean then. We never said we lose any days. But headstart and pay 99$ and then to get the info 3 days before launch is what making me like the grinch.

Ashlynmae

Astellian
Sep 18, 2019
Why not start US at 5:00 am on the 20th and then EU can start at 2:00 pm their time on each head start and normal release?
I think I read somewhere that the Astellia staff need to be off their day-job-work to help with launch bugs/issues. That may mean that they are in the US pacific time and need to do the release at 5 pm PST? Just a guess. I wish they would make it a decent time for both servers.