Petition for Changes to Avalon

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Patch Notes = "A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon."

This switch turned out to be 1 hour of PvP followed by 3 hours of PvE, off and on.

The Holy Stones are also available to be taken during Peace-time as well. This is turning a LOT of people off from the game. The issue with this is that faction points can be gained during Peace-time. While some stones could be taken during Peace-time, such as the Atra Stone Towers, the Holy Stones (those worth more points) should not be able to be taken during peace time. We understand and have tested that certain stones can NOT be taken during Peace-time (the Barrier Stones), the Holy Stones should not be included in Peace-time.

Other than this, the main issue we're seeing with the change is the 1 on/3 off. Even some CMs have agreed with us that 25%/75% is just not balanced. War-time and Peace-time should be split 50/50, whether its 1 hour each off and on, or 2 hours each, off and on.

Mid-boss, Kalmir, is also a concern. This should always be a PvP zone.

For those who are PvE only, we only ask for your support to keep long-time players from leaving. We've already had some people leave the world of Astellia, we don't need more to leave and hurt the game more.

Sincerely,
-Frostbyte

PS: This petition will be sent to the devs in hopes of creating a better gaming environment for PvE'ers and PvP'ers alike. As Avalon was originally made to be a PvP zone, but came with a lot of PvE content (treasures and such), we feel it should be balanced and hope you feel the same. Thanks for your time.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
well, i'd like to throw in another suggestion, i already made a few times

but why not create a fourth faction,
where the players could choose at the start of the weak (or at the start of the day) [regardless of their guilds faction] to join it, when entering avalon

that fourth faction could become "at peace" with all other factions ... thus [non hostile towards everyone] ... just like players of the same faction aren't hostile towards each other, they aren't hostile to anybody

this new faction than would be able, to take quests [for the treasure-coins] from the atra stones,
but would not be able to attack them or get any type of avalon-faction points

in exchange you create (avalon) challenges [kill monsters / defeat bosses / pve-content] for that faction,
which allows the players of that faction to also get their hands on an equivalent ammount of zender ...

so to say, faction as pve-alternative counterpart to the pvp factions

than you just have to either allow these players, to participate within the boss fights of every other faction ... or of the faction of their choice ... or allow them to enter 1/3 of the made bossfights [so that it get's fair for everyone] ... or create a pve alternative boss ... or alternate the boss ... 1 day pvp factions 1 day pve faction

or something like that

then, the pvp factions could be at war 24/7
without the possibility to stomp onto the feet of pvp-uninterested players

[Edit : or create the possibility, to manually join that faction thus switching pvp on/off ... locking you for X hours within that faction without said pvp options, but with pve alternative to earn the rewards instead]

but all in all, i'm happy, to have a peacetime, which allows players to get their quests done without pvp

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Signed it :) I hope it wil be sucessful. AFK farming germans already ruining Avalon on Aquarius. I am not against AFK farm in general. I did it myself. But inside Avalon it is not ok. Outside you can do what you want, I dont care

Nymeros

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
well, i'd like to throw in another suggestion, i already made a few times

but why not create a fourth faction,
where the players could choose at the start of the weak (or at the start of the day) [regardless of their guilds faction] to join it, when entering avalon

that fourth faction could become "at peace" with all other factions ... thus [non hostile towards everyone] ... just like players of the same faction aren't hostile towards each other, they aren't hostile to anybody

this new faction than would be able, to take quests [for the treasure-coins] from the atra stones,
but would not be able to attack them or get any type of avalon-faction points

in exchange you create (avalon) challenges [kill monsters / defeat bosses / pve-content] for that faction,
which allows the players of that faction to also get their hands on an equivalent ammount of zender ...

so to say, faction as pve-alternative counterpart to the pvp factions

than you just have to either allow these players, to participate within the boss fights of every other faction ... or of the faction of their choice ... or allow them to enter 1/3 of the made bossfights [so that it get's fair for everyone] ... or create a pve alternative boss ... or alternate the boss ... 1 day pvp factions 1 day pve faction

or something like that

then, the pvp factions could be at war 24/7
without the possibility to stomp onto the feet of pvp-uninterested players

[Edit : or create the possibility, to manually join that faction thus switching pvp on/off ... locking you for X hours within that faction without said pvp options, but with pve alternative to earn the rewards instead]

but all in all, i'm happy, to have a peacetime, which allows players to get their quests done without pvp
No......no......uhm no and NO again Terra!

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
You deliberately stacked your guild full(150) with basically all the active geared level 50's and put all your alt 50's in other guilds to get zender or do the atra gathering weekly every week thus even further limiting the opposition.
We've never even recruited in game even once. Maybe the post on the forums, but that's it. We never forced anyone to join the guild, but we've met some great people through them joining. As I recall, all the big guilds quit after the second Avalon season and 'some' of the people decided to join Sovereign.

You quite literally told me you'll just wanted to pve many times when I PM'd you in Avalon. I responded to you with something along the lines of "we can't let you guys pve, we have to stop you guys from doing that!".
Wow, really? I wish I had the screenshot, 'cause it went nothing like that. You whispered me in Avalon out of nowhere and called us cockroaches. That was all there was to the conversation. Which really showed what kind of person 'you' are.

Of course you think this way because you guys zerg the boss every single day with your zerg guild and no one can compete. Can barely get a group of 4 to do anything let alone a raid or 2. Meanwhile, you guys have 4-5 raids full of PvErs on the boss
First off, we do the boss 1-2 times a week.. 3 times if its a holiday and we have more time. Usually not three, though. Second, we've never had 4-5 raids. We sometimes manage two.

Yet here you are talking about a change to help pvp...what a joke.
I may not personally be that into pvp, but some people I know are. Therefore I'm simply supporting them.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
@Shawtie I guess Frostbyte just sees that this change kills the game (slowly). And he kinda wants to keep playing it. I appreciate and honor that. If he didnt make this petition I would have probably done it myself.

Reactions: Starboo

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
First off, I hardly post on forums, think they're stupid and full of ignorance but I was directed to this particular post from a friend.
It's quite shocking and ironic that you of all people would be making a post like this considering your guild was the sole reason for ruining Avalon in the first place.

You deliberately stacked your guild full(150) with basically all the active geared level 50's and put all your alt 50's in other guilds to get zender or do the atra gathering weekly every week thus even further limiting the opposition. Last week there was a guy, from your guild that I spoke with that literally told me he put an alt in Avalon just to do the gathering quest. He was on my team and was the only person that had like 86 points at the end of the week, didn't even bother to at least get the 10k for zender. It's like you guys purposely do this to even further hinder other teams that have absolutely no chance in the first place to compete with your zerg. Instead of having the decency to put these alts in your main guild and or break up some of your guild so we can actually have some fun in Avalon, you, knowing what you're doing, continue this so you'll get a guaranteed win and always fight the mid boss without any opposition.

Not saying that you'll should stop talking to each, you can still be friends and talk in discord and do activities outside of Avalon but doing what you'll are doing now really shows your character and the type of people you'll are. This is why I find it amusing that you would even suggest anything after these new changes, especially considering you guys didn't care about pvp anyways. You quite literally told me you'll just wanted to pve many times when I PM'd you in Avalon. I responded to you with something along the lines of "we can't let you guys pve, we have to stop you guys from doing that!". That was when I had another player with me, the best pvp mage on our server, we used to take out your whole raids but they quit because the state of Avalon and how you guys were further ruining it.

"Mid-boss, Kalmir, is also a concern. This should always be a PvP zone."

Of course you think this way because you guys zerg the boss every single day with your zerg guild and no one can compete. Can barely get a group of 4 to do anything let alone a raid or 2. Meanwhile, you guys have 4-5 raids full of PvErs on the boss....absolutely disgusting and pathetic. You guys know this and are FINE with it.

I'd be fine with this if there were more players, because you guys would not be on top and wouldn't be able to do what you're doing because in all honesty it's a very mediocre guild full of mediocre players at best, but it's quantity over quality here.

I have been reported numerous times from players in your guild just because I kill them in Avalon and they're salty af so they come up with some stupid excuse like me dying to guards so they get no points or "harassing" them. LMFAO. If you guys actually came out of your bases and stopped hugging the guards every time I came, maybe I wouldn't die to guards but you could kill me instead. The only way any of you guys ever fight is if you come to me with numbers, which is sad. You'll act like you're going to die IRL if you die in Avalon...it's a GAME, you die, you learn, you get better and not make the same mistakes next time. Hell, I've died to your zergs many times but I come back and try again because...why not?! Sometimes I can kill 1 or 2 before I bite the dust...sometimes not. It's not the end of the world.

This game, N.A server, especially, is full of absolute carebears and whining little brats if they don't get their way and it's gross. Wish I would of went EU even if I had to deal with a ton of lag at this point. It's really not fun, no one queues arena, hardly any pvp in Avalon. PvE allllllllll day. Doesn't that get boring?! Yet here you are talking about a change to help pvp...what a joke.

On a side note, they really should make the zender that you get from Avalon an account-wide thing, meaning you can't spam characters and have a bunch on different teams just to get the zender. This will make players actually play their mains and actually try to win. Currently, I know people with 5+ toons that just get the minimum each week for the zen. And yes, I fall victim to this as well because the option is there so why not take advantage of it? But you best believe that I carry both my toons in points on my main, meaning I get plenty of points and am not just there to "suck up" the rewards with hardly any contribution.
Welcome to the forum noooooooob haha. I'll be the first to say that I hate you.:p U make some valid points but I won't get involved in u 2's debacle. I totally agree with the zendr thing, though. So much that I think it should be a separate post.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
First off, I hardly post on forums, think they're stupid and full of ignorance but I was directed to this particular post from a friend.
It's quite shocking and ironic that you of all people would be making a post like this considering your guild was the sole reason for ruining Avalon in the first place.

You deliberately stacked your guild full(150) with basically all the active geared level 50's and put all your alt 50's in other guilds to get zender or do the atra gathering weekly every week thus even further limiting the opposition. Last week there was a guy, from your guild that I spoke with that literally told me he put an alt in Avalon just to do the gathering quest. He was on my team and was the only person that had like 86 points at the end of the week, didn't even bother to at least get the 10k for zender. It's like you guys purposely do this to even further hinder other teams that have absolutely no chance in the first place to compete with your zerg. Instead of having the decency to put these alts in your main guild and or break up some of your guild so we can actually have some fun in Avalon, you, knowing what you're doing, continue this so you'll get a guaranteed win and always fight the mid boss without any opposition.

Not saying that you'll should stop talking to each, you can still be friends and talk in discord and do activities outside of Avalon but doing what you'll are doing now really shows your character and the type of people you'll are. This is why I find it amusing that you would even suggest anything after these new changes, especially considering you guys didn't care about pvp anyways. You quite literally told me you'll just wanted to pve many times when I PM'd you in Avalon. I responded to you with something along the lines of "we can't let you guys pve, we have to stop you guys from doing that!". That was when I had another player with me, the best pvp mage on our server, we used to take out your whole raids but they quit because the state of Avalon and how you guys were further ruining it.

"Mid-boss, Kalmir, is also a concern. This should always be a PvP zone."

Of course you think this way because you guys zerg the boss every single day with your zerg guild and no one can compete. Can barely get a group of 4 to do anything let alone a raid or 2. Meanwhile, you guys have 4-5 raids full of PvErs on the boss....absolutely disgusting and pathetic. You guys know this and are FINE with it.

I'd be fine with this if there were more players, because you guys would not be on top and wouldn't be able to do what you're doing because in all honesty it's a very mediocre guild full of mediocre players at best, but it's quantity over quality here.

I have been reported numerous times from players in your guild just because I kill them in Avalon and they're salty af so they come up with some stupid excuse like me dying to guards so they get no points or "harassing" them. LMFAO. If you guys actually came out of your bases and stopped hugging the guards every time I came, maybe I wouldn't die to guards but you could kill me instead. The only way any of you guys ever fight is if you come to me with numbers, which is sad. You'll act like you're going to die IRL if you die in Avalon...it's a GAME, you die, you learn, you get better and not make the same mistakes next time. Hell, I've died to your zergs many times but I come back and try again because...why not?! Sometimes I can kill 1 or 2 before I bite the dust...sometimes not. It's not the end of the world.

This game, N.A server, especially, is full of absolute carebears and whining little brats if they don't get their way and it's gross. Wish I would of went EU even if I had to deal with a ton of lag at this point. It's really not fun, no one queues arena, hardly any pvp in Avalon. PvE allllllllll day. Doesn't that get boring?! Yet here you are talking about a change to help pvp...what a joke.

On a side note, they really should make the zender that you get from Avalon an account-wide thing, meaning you can't spam characters and have a bunch on different teams just to get the zender. This will make players actually play their mains and actually try to win. Currently, I know people with 5+ toons that just get the minimum each week for the zen. And yes, I fall victim to this as well because the option is there so why not take advantage of it? But you best believe that I carry both my toons in points on my main, meaning I get plenty of points and am not just there to "suck up" the rewards with hardly any contribution.

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::poop:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Don't like PVP? Don't enter Avalon. It would have been as ez as that..
unfortunatly treasures as well as zender are EXCLUSIVELY available via that gameplay element
with alternative options to obtain it [and the possibility for the player, to choose from which option he wants to get it] i'd have exactly 0 problem wit it

but as long, as i'm getting pushed into it,
i will continue to try, to create it into a fun and enjoyable environment ...
not just for a certain few players, who are on the winning team each and every week ... but for everyone, who has to play it

• Angry
Reactions: ronoch

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
You DO NOT need those treasure for ANYTHING but PvP. If you think you need them thats a problem in your head.

Reactions: Appoxa

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
You DO NOT need those treasure for ANYTHING but PvP. If you think you need them thats a problem in your head.
panda, i understand, that you defend it ... since you're one of the few, who profit from the current system weak after weak
but only becouse you personally don't need it ... it doesn't automatically mean, that other people also don't need it ...
they are an undeniable advantage ...

also, the zender are needed for tokens (already worth in the millions), dungeon tickets (to be able, to do the pve-gameplay), astel skins and stuff like nordens-favor

and fact simply is, that the breaking of treasures and avalon gamebalance already made many players leave the game

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
The answer is one for Terra and For Shawtie , get good, make raids try to convince ppl in creating a raid and a discord channel for it and just outplay the enemy, gears doesn t matter in this game, skill and organization is 90% part of it and don t type down "how can a T1 beat a T2" cuz that means you understood nothing and u are ignorant of how the game works.By doing nothing you can t solve nothing and always suggesting changes which are literally nosense to fix your own problems ,ok once ok twice but cmon... The game was Balanced and it s still balanced, ppl just literally need to get good and stop doing nothing, don t afk in meiville like me and just try to win, atleast try. bring back the old avalon T_T

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
gears doesn t matter in this game,
Always great to read such stuff from a full - T2 geared meta-subclass slave with BiS Stats. I guess you´ve speaker, 7-9 star astels and other endgame treasures too? Maybe you get rid of your T2 gear and play bounty hunter a while? Then come back and talk about skill....

Just some examples for your "skilled PvP" lol:

- Meteor proccs instant thx to rapidfire.
- CC´s will get resetted thx to speaker.
- A full T2 geared guy has 1200+ evasion, so the enemy can´t hit him.
- etc....

And all that stuff is based highly on RNG in the background, so better gear has better chances = easy win. I can´t see anything about skill there lol.

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
The answer is one for Terra and For Shawtie , get good, make raids try to convince ppl in creating a raid and a discord channel for it and just outplay the enemy, gears doesn t matter in this game, skill and organization is 90% part of it and don t type down "how can a T1 beat a T2" cuz that means you understood nothing and u are ignorant of how the game works.By doing nothing you can t solve nothing and always suggesting changes which are literally nosense to fix your own problems ,ok once ok twice but cmon... The game was Balanced and it s still balanced, ppl just literally need to get good and stop doing nothing, don t afk in meiville like me and just try to win, atleast try. bring back the old avalon T_T
N.A servers problem is that we don't have many people who actively participate in Avalon. I'm just lucky enough to be in the "zerg" guild so I'll never have a problem in this situation. Sadly, there just aren't enough people that can overcome us - this is why I was so against having players come to our guild from all the other guilds once everyone quit because I knew this very thing would happen. Maybe now things will change since there are a few more people and some of the KR players left our guild to start their own. But this process will take time for them to get gear. And idk what you're on about not needing gear, because you most certainly need something or you won't be able to compete no matter your "skill" or "knowledge" ESPECIALLY when you're already outnumbered. So ya, I feel their pain, him/her and the few other solo or smaller guilds. TBH, I commend these people for going at it like this "against all odds" or against the grain, I guess you can say. I know i wouldn't do it(I need all my zen lol). Or maybe they're just stupid for not joining the biggest, baddest, bestest guild. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Starboo

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
i have 130 stars my gears are +10 with rolls that a +5 can have and i m Con str archer because i ripped the fusion and still kept them, so y i already stated that 99% of players can t play the game and you micela are even worse then them lol this trolls.

Reactions: Rowg

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
i have 130 stars my gears are +10 with rolls that a +5 can have and i m Con str archer because i ripped the fusion and still kept them, so y i already stated that 99% of players can t play the game and you micela are even worse then them lol this trolls.
So? 1000 AGI is STR CON and 10k HP with 1400 evasion is not like "undying", especially against T1 players or classes without accuracy?!

Oh and ranger... SURPRISE!
Since this is a month old or so, i bet the stats are already much better.

And i m so full of you guys blaming the rng because u have no hands. jesus christ , there s a word that describe ppl like you NOOB.

So... tell me please. Where is "skill needed", when the weaknesses of some classes are negated by some RNG rolled perks like speaker or rapidfire? Is it skill to spam the same CC-skill 3 times in a row, because you got a reset? Is it skill to kill 20 players at once, because meteor comes instant?
Everything else is blocked behind percentages too. It has nothing to do with skilled or unskilled, when you win or lose, because "RNG" decides that skill X hit or not.

Sorry if i step too deep in your "glorious PvP - world", but to say it like you, everyone who claims "skill / organization > gear" in astellia is definately a troll.

As i said... get ride of your T2 gear. Gift it to a new player or destroy it. Then run around with maximum T1 +7. Let´s see how proud you can be on losing to T2 geared players.