Playerbase?

Chiryuu

Astellian
Jan 4, 2020
People are saying that game is dead, but usually people say that about almost every mmorpg (some people even say it about games like bdo, which is actually one of the most overpopulated games that I have seen), so the question is not if the game is dead but how long you wait for dungeons to popup in the endgame. And in general - how is endgame, can it be compared to any other game?
Thanks for answering.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
- Huntinggrounds with similar similar grindquests (4 dailies, 1 weekly, 1 boss each)
- 1 new "huntingground" to farm your class - treasure (3 dailies, 1 boss)
- Actually 9 legendary dungeons. (6 T1, 3 T2 dungeons, but all can be run with T1 and less gear)
- Dungeontimer is based on the dungeon you want to run and the class. There are only 2-3 dungeons which open quite fast, but even as DD - class you have waiting times from 20min-1h in the primetime. If you play tank, you´ll probably always find a group, but it´s hard in the night/morning etc.
- Mass - PvP (Avalon) is pretty dead... you´ll find here and there an expedition or maybe a single player, but no real wars anymore. Same with Arena. But tbh... as a new player, you won´t have any chance.

So overall... play tank or try to join a group, if you want to enjoy the endgame. Otherwise you might hang out in queues all day long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirylio

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
People are saying that game is dead, but usually people say that about almost every mmorpg (some people even say it about games like bdo, which is actually one of the most overpopulated games that I have seen), so the question is not if the game is dead but how long you wait for dungeons to popup in the endgame. And in general - how is endgame, can it be compared to any other game?
Thanks for answering.
Queues don't exist anymore, have to get the groups yourself. But the endgame is really good if you can get into a good guild and there are a few good ones around.

Chikung

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Queues don't exist anymore, have to get the groups yourself. But the endgame is really good if you can get into a good guild and there are a few good ones around.
The endgame is always the same boring thing.
Easy inis, same weeklies for astells and thats it.
Great endgame-....

They should really think about their game and future....

Reactions: Oklmq

Beauron

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
tbh i like the t2 inis, but Hall of equality.
they inplemented mechanics.
yes if you once got, what you have to do they are easy, but at least there are any.
Do you remember your first fight against arau Dragon? i do. we buffed, pulled and laught. i like mechanics, that try to prank the Players

• Haha

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
it is korean mmorpg, mechanics will never be hard as these dungeons are built to be repeatable xxx times bc of redondant system kr mmorpgs use (also low cost to dev/think in mind for P2W/F2P etc)

Last edited:

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Great endgame-....

I mean...isn't this how every mmorpg goes? It's usually the same thing over and over lol, grinding/daily stuff etc. At least till they add more content - then a little later on it will be the same boring thing over and over too.

Beauron

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
it is korean mmorpg, mechanics will never be hard as these dungeons are built to be repeatable xxx times bc of redondant system kr mmorpgs use (also low cost to dev/think in mind for P2W/F2P etc)
they could reduce Boss hp/deff
and increase the difficulty.

Chikung

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
I mean...isn't this how every mmorpg goes? It's usually the same thing over and over lol, grinding/daily stuff etc. At least till they add more content - then a little later on it will be the same boring thing over and over too.
Yes, there are many things the same but in other games i played i can say the endgame was really better.
This rng is crueful, these easy going inis crueful, crafting useless and and and...
Other games had much better endgame and motivations.
Astella was the first game where i lost my fun and motivation after 2 months....this is really the first time...
I had other games with some problems and played these more that 2 years but this game is so boring....

arisonu123

Astellian
Jul 12, 2019
Great endgame-....

Dude do you even know what an endgame in a MMO looks like....it's always the same daily/weekly quests to kill things and collect things and it's always the same dungeons and raids over and over. And often there is crafting for gear with procs and rng with drops and rng on roles is very very common with Korean and Chinese MMOs. For reference I have played RuneScape, Final Fantasy XIV, BDO, BNS, Revelation Online, Mu Legend, Tales of Wind , Maple Story 2, and Bless Online in addition to this game.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Dude do you even know what an endgame in a MMO looks like....it's always the same daily/weekly quests to kill things and collect things and it's always the same dungeons and raids over and over. And often there is crafting for gear with procs and rng with drops and rng on roles is very very common with Korean and Chinese MMOs. For reference I have played RuneScape, Final Fantasy XIV, BDO, BNS, Revelation Online, Mu Legend, Tales of Wind , Maple Story 2, and Bless Online in addition to this game.
Final Fantasy XIV is a Japanese MMORPG, not Korean or Chinese.. Neither is Runescape. Jagex (Jagex Limited) is a British developer.

That list is really short by the way. Try expanding your horizons a bit by playing actual MMORPGs. While FFXIV is a proper MMORPG, it's Japanese, not developed by a western developer. If you want to see true end game content in MMORPGS developed by western devs, try WoW, DC Universe Online, ESO, SWTOR. Games where you have subscriptions will always have superior content over a F2P/B2P game with no subscription.

Astellia has no real gear progression system due to the horrible RNG system.

The Astellia subscription isn't even an actual subscription because you're still restricted by the ticket system and more. It's just a buff that last for 30 days, nothing more.

For reference. I've played western and eastern developed (F2P, B2P, P2P and Freemium) MMORPGS since M59 which released in 1996. You do the math and no, i won't make a list because that would require at least a whole page, but i can tell you that i've played more or less everything.

• Love
Reactions: Jazices and Pirylio

arisonu123

Astellian
Jul 12, 2019
Final Fantasy XIV is a Japanese MMORPG, not Korean or Chinese.. Neither is Runescape. Jagex (Jagex Limited) is a British developer.

That list is really short by the way. Try expanding your horizons a bit by playing actual MMORPGs. While FFXIV is a proper MMORPG, it's Japanese, not developed by a western developer. If you want to see true end game content in MMORPGS developed by western devs, try WoW, DC Universe Online, ESO, SWTOR. Games where you have subscriptions will always have superior content over a F2P/B2P game with no subscription.

Astellia has no real gear progression system due to the horrible RNG system.

The Astellia subscription isn't even an actual subscription because you're still restricted by the ticket system and more. It's just a buff that last for 30 days, nothing more.

For reference. I've played western and eastern developed (F2P, B2P, P2P and Freemium) MMORPGS since M59 which released in 1996. You do the math and no, i won't make a list because that would require at least a whole page, but i can tell you that i've played more or less everything.
I've also played Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2. I have played F2P, B2P, and subscription games. And I'm sorry you are unlucky or just don't play enough but I have all tier 2's with good stats except a bracelet and weapon already. I need a sealed item to try for my weapon and I need a dart bracelet or gebra bracelet and sealed keter for my bracket. I refuse to play WoW because I didn't have internet to play when it came out and I only start MMos when they first come out because I'm hardcore and ahte feeling behind. If I can't be up at the top 5-10 percent of players I don't want to play.

• Haha
Reactions: Brakiros and Oklmq

Chikung

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Its not about the same thing, its about the quality of what you can do and astellia is no quality.
With a cool fightsystem -> no problem to grind like BDO
With a cool and useful craftingsystem -> no problem to gather
With cool and strong inis -> no problem to make it every day

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
If I can't be up at the top 5-10 percent of players I don't want to play
What you mean is, if you can't pay your way to the top, you refuse to play. That's the actual truth, but i guess you're going to reply with some ridiculous comment again.

I refuse to play WoW because I didn't have internet to play when it came out and I only start MMos when they first come out
You refuse to play it because there's no instant gratifications in it, plus you have to pay a monthly fee to play the game, and therefore i have a hard time believing that you've played a subscription based MMORPG. Read my answer above.

I'm hardcore
No you're not. Charging your credit card doesn't make you a hardcore gamer nor a good player.

I have all tier 2's with good stats except a bracelet and weapon already
I'll let you know when i care. Oh right, it'll never happen. Sorry!

I've also played Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2
ArenaNet is a subsidiary of NCSoft, a South Korean software and game development company and they have their hands in every single title developed by their subsidiaries. So no, Guild Wars 1 and 2 are not 100% western developed games, because NCSoft have had their hands all over them.

The best end game content is the one that gives you a sense of accomplishment. Instant gratification never gives you that sense of accomplishment. With a horrid RNG system, it gives you nothing but a bad taste in your mouth. Just because you've been lucky, doesn't mean everyone else is, and that's what makes this game a massive failure. Had it been a single player game with online co-op, it would've been alright as far as B2P goes, but it's not.

Again, get your facts straight.

meikel

Astellian
Sep 25, 2019
ArenaNet is a subsidiary of NCSoft, a South Korean software and game development company and they have their hands in every single title developed by their subsidiaries.
Too much for the founders of ArenaNet. Last year the last founder left the company too.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Too much for the founders of ArenaNet. Last year the last founder left the company too.
Yep. NCSoft likes to interfere way too much, which is sad. They force their western devs to make their games the way NCSoft wants them to.