Please get off your dang Horse !

Talrini

Astellian
Oct 7, 2019
It is exceptionally annoying that no one wants to ever get OFF their horse. I don't really care what you ride or when you ride it, but everytime I am in a city/outpost/town/etc. there is inevitably someone mounted on a huge-a$$ horse engulfing the NPC I need to use and its becomes very laborious to click on them at all. I am forced to wait till they move off just to complete my quest or access a vendor.

I would love to see auto-dismounts the moment you enter a town, or at least dismounts the moment you interact with a NPC.....

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
It is exceptionally annoying that no one wants to ever get OFF their horse. I don't really care what you ride or when you ride it, but everytime I am in a city/outpost/town/etc. there is inevitably someone mounted on a huge-a$$ horse engulfing the NPC I need to use and its becomes very laborious to click on them at all. I am forced to wait till they move off just to complete my quest or access a vendor.

I would love to see auto-dismounts the moment you enter a town, or at least dismounts the moment you interact with a NPC.....
Or...you could just hit F key and save yourself a lot of trouble...

Reactions: Kyuukei and Widow

Talrini

Astellian
Oct 7, 2019
Or...you could just hit F key and save yourself a lot of trouble...
That does not always work; Sometimes you auto-target the wrong thing, wrong person, etc. Depends where your cursor is, and if your cursor cannot 'see' the vendor, then you fail with the 'F' key.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
That does not always work; Sometimes you auto-target the wrong thing, wrong person, etc. Depends where your cursor is, and if your cursor cannot 'see' the vendor, then you fail with the 'F' key.
I've never had it fail on me (and I have no idea what does it have to do with cursor, which is not even visible with normal RMB-pressed-to-control-facing scheme), but you can also use shift+tab to tab-target between yourself, your astels, and nearby NPCs.

Reactions: Kyuukei and Widow

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
It happens if you have something else targeted still when trying to talk to an NPC; if you are having issues with using the F key just hit ESC a time or two (if main menu pops up then you hit 1 time to many) then face in general direction of the NPC and hit F and should be able to interact no problem.

Edit: Yes it is a bit of a pain but still going to be easier than trying to get people to unmount, and even if they do people will still stand right in the NPC causing the same issue.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
That does not always work; Sometimes you auto-target the wrong thing, wrong person, etc
You cannot use 'F' on other players to interact with them as far as i'm aware. As long as your camera is facing the NPC, you'll see an interaction icon on it, then you can press F.

keyborg

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Make sure you clear your current target before talking to an NPC, when you do press F you will talk to the NPC instead of running off to an object etc

Keropin

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
But... I like my horse, my horse is amazing! Look at it from behind!! Ò_Ó
Joke aside, you can just click F and talk to the NPC. I think even tabbing is working, as it does not tab other players (at least not with my setup). This does not help with the big horse standing in front of an npc issue, but it could help you to talk to a specific npc ^^

Seven7

Astellian
Jun 27, 2019
I don't have issues targeting NPC's "through" the mount - but I try to dismount just for courtesy's sake, as it can be annoying for players who are trying to click on the NPC with their mouse cursor.

Edit: And a big THANK YOU to the game team for the instant mount/dismount time! I didn't realize how much difference a second or two can make ;)

Last edited: