Please increase size of Block List

thewisefool

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
As the title says ...

Currently, a cap of 100 is far too low.

Thank you for considering my request!
Band-aid fix.

If the gold spammers have been blocked or banned They just simply create another account, they have enough to offset the cost and still make profit. Always someone keeping them in business.

Also they probably have a real character that farms and one that spams the ADS.

This isn't counting all the other trolls and idiots that you want to block as well.

You need a bigger and stronger band-aid I think increasing it to 1000 should be enough.

Reactions: Ryan and Seven7

Seven7

Astellian
Jun 27, 2019
Band-aid fix.

If the gold spammers have been blocked or banned They just simply create another account, they have enough to offset the cost and still make profit. Always someone keeping them in business.

This isn't counting all the other trolls and idiots that you want to block as well.

You need a bigger and stronger band-aid I think increasing it to 1000 should be enough.
Well, I don't disagree with anything you said. I didn't mention a new cap, just that 100 is too small. It's not just about RMT, there are other reasons to block players (as you also mentioned).

So my request stands, please raise the cap limit of the Block List - double it at the very least, but preferably even more than that.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I just empty mine every once in awhile and never come close to the limit. After a few hours the gold spammer is deleted if not yet banned and new one created so as to respond people that have them on a block list. I just clean mine out when sitting around waiting for something or other or when autoriding to some point.

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
Would it be difficult to write code that when an account is banned it gets removed from block lists thereby freeing up space and not clogging the list with non-existent accounts?

Could code be written so that when you place someone on a block list it blocks that whole account and any alts they make?

Just asking, I don't code so I don't know the work involved

<WTF Aliantha? What do you mean you're not a coder??? All gamers are coders or in tech support. You should know this sh*t>

*looks innocent (and apparently tech-stupid)*

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Would it be difficult to write code that when an account is banned it gets removed from block lists thereby freeing up space and not clogging the list with non-existent accounts?

Could code be written so that when you place someone on a block list it blocks that whole account and any alts they make?

<WTF Aliantha? What do you mean you're not a coder??? All gamers are coders or in tech support. You should know this sh*t>

Yes, both can be coded. The easiest way is to apply changes to your black list when you login. The caveat is that this would make login process a bit longer.

P.S. What do you mean you're not a coder??? :eek:;)

Reactions: lyrisme and Trox

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019

Yes both are conceivable to do, and honestly probably wouldn't be that difficult to do (and I tend never to say that about coding for a MMO since coding things tend to be a lot more difficult than they appear).

The blocking account thing really should be standard practice in any MMO; if you are blocking someone it generally because you do not want to ever interact with that person on a real life level and not just an in game character level. That or their support for harassment needs to be handled in an hourly time frame, and not a "we'll get to it in a couple of months"

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
Yes, both can be coded. The easiest way is to apply changes to your black list when you login. The caveat is that this would make login process a bit longer.

P.S. What do you mean you're not a coder??? :eek:;)
I can make cookies.

Reactions: Seven7

Artemisa

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
It could be done but I see it complicated especially for the following case:
what happens if someone is banned by mistake and then they restore that account, they should re-block that account for people who had it blocked on their black list, it can be done but I see complicated and expensive at the level of resources, go through the entire database etc. It is easier to increase the blacklist limit.

But yeah, its a good idea if they could bypass the computer resources limit of this posible change.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
It could be done but I see it complicated especially for the following case:
what happens if someone is banned by mistake and then they restore that account, they should re-block that account for people who had it blocked on their black list, it can be done but I see complicated and expensive at the level of resources, go through the entire database etc. It is easier to increase the blacklist limit.
That would be a very rare case, because it implies that it's not a gold seller account, and therefore it was blocked by a player for some other reason. If it was blocked for some other reason (i.e. trolling the chat), player can re-block it again for the same exact reason.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Band-aid fix.

Consider the game had just released for ONE month and 100 slots have been filled, I think making it to 10000 sounds more realistic

Good thing now is, I can't properly talk to someone just because of those spammers filling up every line of my chat box

As band-aid as it is, no GM presence in game is not good
I sometimes see the same gold spammers spamming for over 12 hours without anyone took any action of it

20sec cool down on All Chat
1 min = 3 msgs
1 hour = 180
12 hours = 2160
and that's only ONE spammer

how many spammers do you see at a single time? 5? 6? 7?
just multiply 2160 by that
6 spammers seems to be the avg, so it is 12960 msgs per 12 hours?

I honestly think the game now is handicapped just because of this simple issue and we cannot talk properly in an Massively Multi Player Online game.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Just delete your old and add the new; it is better to not ban the spammers because they have a bot in place that will fire up a new one soon as the old is kicked form the game. If they start banning the spammers soon as they show up then a new one just takes it place in less than a minute. So always better to just leave them go for a few hours; unless you like reporting/blocking a new spammer every minute instead of blocking like 2-4 when you first log in and then another 2-4 about 6-10 hours later?

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Just delete your old and add the new; it is better to not ban the spammers because they have a bot in place that will fire up a new one soon as the old is kicked form the game. If they start banning the spammers soon as they show up then a new one just takes it place in less than a minute. So always better to just leave them go for a few hours; unless you like reporting/blocking a new spammer every minute instead of blocking like 2-4 when you first log in and then another 2-4 about 6-10 hours later?
Ban is supposed to be for the whole account, not per character.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Ban is supposed to be for the whole account, not per character.
Right; which is why the BOT is set up to fire up a new account; why it takes a minute for the next to appear.

People do realize there are quite a few interesting articles on the whole Gold Selling business that really goes into a lot of this stuff. Think a lot of them came out around 2009-2012 (maybe a few before and some afterwards). The whole Gold Selling is a billion dollar industry, which is why gaming companies (especially smaller ones like Brauson) will never win that fight; only way to win it is for players to stop buying the gold.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Right; which is why the BOT is set up to fire up a new account; why it takes a minute for the next to appear.
New account = $10, the current promotion notwithstanding of course. If somebody had setup a bot to do that, devs would all be filthy rich by Monday. ;)

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
New account = $10, the current promotion notwithstanding of course. If somebody had setup a bot to do that, devs would all be filthy rich by Monday. ;)
Stolen Credit Card info = lots of chargebacks = Devs no where near filthy rich by Monday ;)