Please increase size of Block List

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Yeah let's see them prosecute people in China. đŸ˜‰
I don't know what's the punishment for stealing CCs is in China, but I wouldn't be surprised if cogwheels are involved... ;)
People who are doing the prosecution would not necessarily be in good old USA.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I don't know what's the punishment for stealing CCs is in China, but I wouldn't be surprised if cogwheels are involved... ;)
People who are doing the prosecution would not necessarily be in good old USA.
You honestly think the Chinese government would bother or even care? Seriously? The same government that gives no care about counterfeit items, is not going to care about other countries stolen credit cards or any other type of fraud as long as it does screw with their money.

Edit: you really should do some research on the whole gold selling business; might be quite the eye opener for you. Not saying that to be an a-hole or anything; I honestly think it would be an interesting read for you, just wish I can remember the titles of some of the articles on it.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
You honestly think the Chinese government would bother or even care? Seriously? The same government that gives no care about counterfeit items, is not going to care about other countries stolen credit cards or any other type of fraud as long as it does screw with their money.
That depends on how annoyed Chinese government is - why do you think that this problem is exclusive to other countries? I am also fairly certain that they would do all sort unnatural things to people who counterfeit Chinese currency for example. It's other countries trademarks that they don't care about.

Edit: you really should do some research on the whole gold selling business; might be quite the eye opener for you. Not saying that to be an a-hole or anything; I honestly think it would be an interesting read for you, just wish I can remember the titles of some of the articles on it.
There's no need. It's quite possible to decrease rate of any given crime to almost zero...you just wouldn't like the methods. Getting rid of gold sellers in an MMO is actually very easy, and doesn't even require drastic measures - just design the game in a way that makes botting impossible. Which, unfortunately, is the exact opposite of how Astellia is designed. Something as simple as getting rid of all loot boxes, asper sinks, etc. would make quite a dent. As it stands now, about half of the game revolves around various repetitive tasks, and bots excel at that sort of tasks.

Seven7

Astellian
Jun 27, 2019
Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm World of Warcraft Gold

Here is a link to an old Forbes article (2011) regarding the Chinese government and gold farmers in WoW- it doesn't say definitively that stolen CC's are involved, but it is highly possible. I have seen the same information in other articles and on television documentaries down through the years.

I still support Barunson E&A and their attempts to curb the gold sellers. Saying oh well, don't even try because you can't beat them - to me that is not a healthy reaction. The GM's coming online and banning RMT is appreciated and I applaud the time and efforts of those GM's. WE LOVE YOU! :love: Let's keep giving Barunson our support and FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS ASTELLIAN - PLEASE! DO NOT BUY THEIR ASPER!

Reactions: CM Venecia

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
That depends on how annoyed Chinese government is - why do you think that this problem is exclusive to other countries? I am also fairly certain that they would do all sort unnatural things to people who counterfeit Chinese currency for example. It's other countries trademarks that they don't care about.

There's no need. It's quite possible to decrease rate of any given crime to almost zero...you just wouldn't like the methods. Getting rid of gold sellers in an MMO is actually very easy, and doesn't even require drastic measures - just design the game in a way that makes botting impossible. Which, unfortunately, is the exact opposite of how Astellia is designed. Something as simple as getting rid of all loot boxes, asper sinks, etc. would make quite a dent. As it stands now, about half of the game revolves around various repetitive tasks, and bots excel at that sort of tasks.
Sadly it is impossible to get rid of gold selling as long as there remains a market for it; you really have no idea of what you speak do you? Not trying to be insulting because I really do think this could be a great educational experience for you, but there is literally NO WAY for an MMO Devs to remove gold selling unless they took it to a level where you need to purchase absolutely nothing in game; gear, levels, EVERYTHING is basically handed to you so there was nothing to achieve then you would have a MMO with no gold selling. Take away the ability to Bot and they will have people lining up to play the accounts to farm the gold. Also just so you know botting is maybe half to 3/4s of how these sites make gold; a lot of them actually will buy gold really cheaply from players and then resell it.

And Seven7 I agree they have to keep trying, and have to actively go after Bots, but I also say leave the spammers go and let the players just block them since in the long run that is the easier way to go. I would rather block a couple of spammers every 6-10 hours than have to block a new spammer every 3 minutes. But what ever you do Barunson do not pull an NcSoft and just let the bots take over and have free reign and quit bothering with them; not unless you want to be known as a safe haven for Bots, ban them contantly and take a hardline againt those that are found buying asper (take a page from the EvE online book with a growing suspension and sending their acounts into the negative amounts so they had to earn the amount they bought back just to get back to even).

Reactions: Seven7

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Sadly it is impossible to get rid of gold selling as long as there remains a market for it; you really have no idea of what you speak do you? Not trying to be insulting because I really do think this could be a great educational experience for you, but there is literally NO WAY for an MMO Devs to remove gold selling unless they took it to a level where you need to purchase absolutely nothing in game; gear, levels, EVERYTHING is basically handed to you so there was nothing to achieve then you would have a MMO with no gold selling. Take away the ability to Bot and they will have people lining up to play the accounts to farm the gold. Also just so you know botting is maybe half to 3/4s of how these sites make gold; a lot of them actually will buy gold really cheaply from players and then resell it.
You've just pretty much contradicted yourself there - "as long as there remains a market for it". It's entirely possible to get rid of gold sellers, you simply remove the market. As for a "great educational experience", MMOs are not about purchasing anything, and they never were. You can create a setup (or convert Astellia into one for that matter), where everything is obtained from either PvE instances, or PvP, or quest rewards. If there's nothing to farm from trash mobs, you won't have any bots. They are just not good enough to pull off a dungeon run. Even our astels, which are controlled by the same server that controls the dungeon boss, fail miserably at avoiding boss mechanics.

Oh, and nobody cares about people lining up to play for money or cookies, or whatever else. It's bots that we want to get rid of.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
You've just pretty much contradicted yourself there - "as long as there remains a market for it". It's entirely possible to get rid of gold sellers, you simply remove the market. As for a "great educational experience", MMOs are not about purchasing anything, and they never were. You can create a setup (or convert Astellia into one for that matter), where everything is obtained from either PvE instances, or PvP, or quest rewards. If there's nothing to farm from trash mobs, you won't have any bots. They are just not good enough to pull off a dungeon run. Even our astels, which are controlled by the same server that controls the dungeon boss, fail miserably at avoiding boss mechanics.

Oh, and nobody cares about people lining up to play for money or cookies, or whatever else. It's bots that we want to get rid of.
So what is the name of your super anti-bot/gold seller MMO? If it was just as simple as you say then why hasn't every MMO taken that route? Or are they all just in league with the gold sellers?

Also for future reference you can easily set up bots to run most dungeons it you wanted to; again a little research on the matter would have educated you on that fact.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
So what is the name of your super anti-bot/gold seller MMO? If it was just as simple as you say then why hasn't every MMO taken that route? Or are they all just in league with the gold sellers?
Off top of my head, SWTOR was set up that way (they have bots related to conquest feature and crafting, but it's impossible to bot your way to BiS gear). FFXIV:ARR was also set up that way in the beginning, although I've heard that it changed a few years back.

Also for future reference you can easily set up bots to run most dungeons it you wanted to; again a little research on the matter would have educated you on that fact.
Sure, please link a video of bots running leg. RD when you manage to accomplish that particular feat. :)