Please make Zender account, not character, specific

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
I don;'t know if this has been brought up before, but why are Zender totals character specific?

I can buy buff's like Norden's Favor that affect all of my characters, but one character has to have enough Zender to pay for it.

Why not make Zender totals account cumulative? None of the things you can buy are game-breaking. Why not let me use Zender I earned on one for an alt? I can mail gear to an alt (or store it in the shared spots of my bank), I can mail asper to an alt.... why not share Zender across an account?

No rage, just asking. It would be helpful. Is there a reason not to?

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
There is probably some type of weekly zender cap that they don't want players to exceed for some reason or other, and probably figure the out cry would be louder if a full account is capped instead of characters. They are probably assuming correctly, because seen it in other games with a cap like that in place where people screamed because "why have option for 10 alts if all 10 alts can't earn things they participate in".

Edit: Don't get me wrong would love to see it account wide, just saying that may have been their train of thought.

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
There is probably some type of weekly zender cap that they don't want players to exceed for some reason or other, and probably figure the out cry would be louder if a full account is capped instead of characters. They are probably assuming correctly, because seen it in other games with a cap like that in place where people screamed because "why have option for 10 alts if all 10 alts can't earn things they participate in".

Edit: Don't get me wrong would love to see it account wide, just saying that may have been their train of thought.
There can still be a weekly cap per character, but if someone is putting in the time on multiple characters it shouldn't matter. You can only play so long in one day and aside from the 24 Zender per character per day for being online for an hour there is almost nothing that can earn Zender as an afk activity... I said "almost" nothing, there are probably one-time achievements.

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Often wondered why Zender isn't account bound.
It actually deters the creation of Alt's by being that way, which is typically not desired.

I don't think any player would be against this, even with all slots used, it would still be a slow accumulation, and since items from the Zender shop are not trade-able (except maybe the Legendary unbind, which could be altered?), it wouldn't hurt anything IMO.

Be a QoL improvement.

• Love
Reactions: aliantha

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
There can still be a weekly cap per character, but if someone is putting in the time on multiple characters it shouldn't matter. You can only play so long in one day and aside from the 24 Zender per character per day for being online for an hour there is almost nothing that can earn Zender as an afk activity... I said "almost" nothing, there are probably one-time achievements.
If there is a reason why they have a cap in place (no clue if they do or not) then the per character cap would have to be drastically lowered to maintain the integrity of the cap which then drastically hurts the amount non-alt players can make. I'm not talking for the current game, but more for when Anthalon is brought in since that will probably be the main Zender earning area.

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
If there is a reason why they have a cap in place (no clue if they do or not) then the per character cap would have to be drastically lowered to maintain the integrity of the cap which then drastically hurts the amount non-alt players can make. I'm not talking for the current game, but more for when Anthalon is brought in since that will probably be the main Zender earning area.
I don't know if they have one.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I don't know if they have one.
Yeah; I have no clue on that either, and it is probably not something we would know until Avalon is released; or if there is even a need for a cap. Mainly I am just saying that there might be a reason why Zender isn't and may never be account wide. If there is a reason would be nice if they said so; this way we don't end up with another "don't want astels past 7* at this time" thingie.

If it turns out there is no real reason for them not to then a big Hell Yea make it account wide.

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
And then someone will write a guide about farming zender easily by making alts, doing a bunch of low hanging achivements they have figured out how to do quickly, then deleting them, waiting 24 hours, and repeating. And suddenly doing this will become another form of daily.

Syncronis

Astellian
Oct 27, 2019
Characters are all sourced back to their account - they need to operate at account level for this currency. A daily soft cap can be added as several other MMO's have already done for some time now.
Following this method allows for alts and increases > player engagement < sought after metric by upper management tier.

• Love
Reactions: aliantha