Please no servers if you want your game to live!

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Title.

I heard somewhere that there will only be a big "mega" server split up into sections/zones/channels or something? Not quite sure. This game is highly based on the population as with most mmos but especially ones like this one that have a realm v. realm v. realm type of deal coming from Avalon. You need to have a massive pool of players to make something like this successful so that it's not always one sided amongst a plethora of other problems that can come with it.

Also, considering this game has not been very well marketed, I think that it's best to make the assumption that the game won't have a huge following so one mega server will make the QoL much better for the players when it comes to finding groups, etc. and just having an active environment in general. This is typically what any MMO absolutely has to have to be decent.

Please just make it one mega server!

Kenka

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
That won´t be a good idea. If you do it like that the Na or Eu players will have a worse ping because of the location of this one "mega server" and that will cause a difference for pvp and pve players that will not end well.
I see why you want a mega server but unless you have the option that everyone has the same ping, it won´t work.

Reactions: Sushi and Wick

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
That won´t be a good idea. If you do it like that the Na or Eu players will have a worse ping because of the location of this one "mega server" and that will cause a difference for pvp and pve players that will not end well.
I see why you want a mega server but unless you have the option that everyone has the same ping, it won´t work.
Which is impossible to do. Which is also why games have servers in na and in europe.