Please remove the 5 minute timer for reporting

Seven7

Astellian
Jun 27, 2019
I'm sorry, I'm sure there are other threads that address this; however, I started a new one because this issue hits me LITERALLY every time I log in.

I know some people just block and don't report; I'm not really on that bandwagon yet, I still want to report gold sellers. However; if there are 4 gold sellers in chat when I log in, I am not able to simply report then block them and move on, I can only report one ... wait 5 minutes and report the other ... then wait 5 minutes and report the other ... rinse and repeat.

Now I don't know if Barunson E&A can make this change, or if they have to get KR devs to do this - so I am not demanding or expecting immediate results if there are layers of bureaucracy involved. But I am making a request that this be addressed as soon as possible, because it just literally doesn't make any sense (to me). If there is a reason to delay reporting, I would like to know what it is. It only seems to benefit the gold sellers, really.

Thank you for your attention to this post and for considering my request!!

Ayla

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
yea i agree i would like to report them all but for now i have to think if i report one and block the others hopefully someone else will report the ones i have blockd :(

SaltySlippers

Astellian
Aug 4, 2019
Don't report the ones in chat as new ones will be created instantly after they’ve been banned, so you’re wasting your time. Report the bots you come across instead. They take longer to get to a point where they can farm Asper. If everyone would just report one of those every day, it would make life harder for botters.

Reactions: Trox

Vynx

Astellian
Oct 21, 2019
Don't report the ones in chat as new ones will be created instantly after they’ve been banned, so you’re wasting your time. Report the bots you come across instead. They take longer to get to a point where they can farm Asper. If everyone would just report one of those every day, it would make life harder for botters.
Not sure if that even works tho...I've reported the same bots for a week and they are still there at the same place

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Most likely report won't do anything to bots.
What if i report a player with multiple characters ? It is going to be interesting if this player get banned.
GM definitely need to check every report to avoid false ban. I don't think they will do so

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Give it up

THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL

Although I do not have the exact time, but this "Adfhghgf" person, among all other gold spammers, have been spamming since 16:00z on 27OCT (could be earlier from this time), and now its 09:00z/28OCT

A GREAT 17 HOURS AN NO BODY REACT TO IT (and counting....)

20-sec cool down on All Chat,
1 min = 3 msg
1 hour = 180 msg
12 hours = 2160 msg
17 hours = 3060 msg FOR ONE GOLD SELLER

What I see now, there are a total of 4 gold sellers active, so at least 12240 msgs were spammed in the last 17 hours

Just look at the CMs "Last seen" time here on the forum
While CM Serenity was last seen 06AUG
CM Flora was here 50-so min ago
CM Aethon was last seen on Saturday 02:42z/26OCT
CM Venecia was last seen Friday 15:23z/25OCT

again, now its Monday 09:00z/28OCT

Yes, ppl need days off, but for maintaining a server, you work on shifts right?
from their "last seen" time, its very likely that they treat themselves a mon-fri, 9-5 worker

welcome to bless 2.0

Reactions: Ovitch and Pirylio

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Most likely report won't do anything to bots.
What if i report a player with multiple characters ? It is going to be interesting if this player get banned.
GM definitely need to check every report to avoid false ban. I don't think they will do so
Seriously, is there a GM at all?

Reactions: Pirylio

Lipino

Astellian
Jul 24, 2019
While it is not possible to report multiple bots and gold sellers at once you can however report one of them and write down the names of the other bots in the report window under comment. Not a perfect way I know but also I'm not sure how they maintain the received reports. At least better than 5 minutes waiting if that satisfies you.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Give it up

THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL

Although I do not have the exact time, but this "Adfhghgf" person, among all other gold spammers, have been spamming since 16:00z on 27OCT (could be earlier from this time), and now its 09:00z/28OCT

A GREAT 17 HOURS AN NO BODY REACT TO IT (and counting....)

20-sec cool down on All Chat,
1 min = 3 msg
1 hour = 180 msg
12 hours = 2160 msg
17 hours = 3060 msg FOR ONE GOLD SELLER

What I see now, there are a total of 4 gold sellers active, so at least 12240 msgs were spammed in the last 17 hours

Just look at the CMs "Last seen" time here on the forum
While CM Serenity was last seen 06AUG
CM Flora was here 50-so min ago
CM Aethon was last seen on Saturday 02:42z/26OCT
CM Venecia was last seen Friday 15:23z/25OCT

again, now its Monday 09:00z/28OCT

Yes, ppl need days off, but for maintaining a server, you work on shifts right?
from their "last seen" time, its very likely that they treat themselves a mon-fri, 9-5 worker

welcome to bless 2.0
You do know that the CM´s can´t do a sheet ingame? It´s up to the GM´s. The same GM´s that have to check a bunch of other support mails next to their developmetn work. And not even big games liek FF14 have weekend support or similar stuff.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
You do know that the CM´s can´t do a sheet ingame? It´s up to the GM´s. The same GM´s that have to check a bunch of other support mails next to their developmetn work. And not even big games liek FF14 have weekend support or similar stuff.

then could you please kindly explain why they can let multiple gold sellers spamming msgs for (now) 18 hours+++ straight
banning or ripping off their ability to talk should be a less-than-one-minute tasks, per character

don't challenge me about the time, "all mmo players are coders"
plus I have a fair share of time hosting other games while I was still a student 15 years ago

while the control panel in"modern" games are much more easier to use then what I was doing 15 years ago with a screen full of codes

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
then could you please kindly explain why they can let multiple gold sellers spamming msgs for (now) 18 hours+++ straight
banning or ripping off their ability to talk should be a less-than-one-minute tasks, per character

plus I have a fair share of time hosting other games while I was still a student 15 years ago

while the control panel in"modern" games are much more easier to use then what I was doing 15 years ago with a screen full of codes
I can´t explain it to you, because it´s up to the devs. I just told you some facts and sometimes here and there is a GM like "Wes, Gemu or Galahad" in this forum.
But hey... would you chill in a game to ban goldseller on sunday, if you don´t get paid to do that?
If you´re so used in coding and stuff, write down an application to the devs. Maybe you can ban the goldseller by yourself then.
Flaming the CM´s for their working time won´t help to solve the issue.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
I can´t explain it to you, because it´s up to the devs. I just told you some facts and sometimes here and there is a GM like "Wes, Gemu or Galahad" in this forum.
But hey... would you chill in a game to ban goldseller on sunday, if you don´t get paid to do that?
If you´re so used in coding and stuff, write down an application to the devs. Maybe you can ban the goldseller by yourself then.
Flaming the CM´s for their working time won´t help to solve the issue.
I did apply myself, on 11OCT, when I have predicted this would become a huge issue rapidly.

Getting paid or not, this is a routine task maintaining a server isn't it?

I do not know how well do you understand the importance of planning a task list for every shift.
From the list of GMs provided above, I believe they hardly have anyone online for more than 8 hours a day, people need rest and day off as well.

If I'm the publisher, since launching an online service commercially for basically "the entire world" at least for now, I would plan to have AT LEAST a team of TWO GMs online at any instance.

While one could be doing pending project (festival events, new items, bug fixing), the other one would be handling adhoc situation like banning ppl, but all in all, these adhoc stuff shouldn't occupy too much time, and the 2nd GM could assist the 1st GM for the pending projects.

Perhaps the 2nd GM could plan to take 15-20min in every 2 hours for the adhoc stuff while committing other time period for the pending projects.

3 shifts of 8 hours a day, say 0700-1500, 1500-2300 and 2300-0700(+1), with a meal break of 1 hour each
or alternatively 2 shifts of 12 hours a day, say 0700-1900 and 1900-0700(+1), with a meal break for 1.5 hours each

OR if you plan to launch an online service with a team (GM, CM and other staff) of only a dozen of ppl, then well.....
I believe we have seen a lot of examples of good games ruined by poor management didn't we?

Payroll is not a big part of this operation in my understanding.

But hey! (sorry to use your words here...) I love this game in general: the art style, the combat system and other tiny little things... or maybe Pisces... (?)... if not, I won't be spending so much time to type all these msgs here and there
I'm not trolling, ppl who troll only blames, without concrete suggestion.

In addition, I realized some ppl have been talking/defending those bots/gold sellers regarding fake credit card / chargeback / etc that the publisher wouldn't get paid etc....

I highly doubt the reason behind their reasoning, imagine, if you open a shop, be it physical or online, people come to purchase a product or your service with a fake credit card, which of course went through, and your product/service is out of the door, a few days later, the real card holder finds out, will you pay him/her back? with your product/services gone? NO! Then who settles the bill? It's the bank's insurance company!!!
Don't be silly.

You don't need to have your credit card stolen to know this, although I really did have my card stolen by a Russian IP, then purchased an itunes pre-paid card in Germany vis Slovakia... sort of. But honestly, I knew how the money / compensation / reimbursement works long before my card was stolen.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019

It has been explained to you multiple times in many different threads, but it is obvious you would rather stay willfully ignorant and whine about issues instead of actually taking a couple of minutes to educate yourself on why somethings are handled the way they are.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
It has been explained to you multiple times in many different threads, but it is obvious you would rather stay willfully ignorant and whine about issues instead of actually taking a couple of minutes to educate yourself on why somethings are handled the way they are.
oh you call it "educate"
let's say there are 100 accounts of bots/gold sellers concurrently
if a publisher is milking those $10 x 100 as their profit, they might as well close it for good

You seem to be praising their work so much that their existence is a blessing and rightfully executed.
I would really like to know what is behind you.

You run a service, someone violates the ToS, you take action, period.

Afterall, I guess talking to the barbarian is a mistake in the first place.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
oh you call it "educate"
let's say there are 100 accounts of bots/gold sellers concurrently
if a publisher is milking those $10 x 100 as their profit, they might as well close it for good

You seem to be praising their work so much that their existence is a blessing and rightfully executed.
I would really like to know what is behind you.

You run a service, someone violates the ToS, you take action, period.

Afterall, I guess talking to the barbarian is a mistake in the first place.
Again it has been explained to you countless times in numerous other threads; really like to know what is behind you? Work for some other game, trying to find any issue to whine about in Astellia in hopes of casting this game in a bad light? Because if you actually took a minute to educate yourself you would understand why banning the spammers soon as they speak is actually a bad idea. But some other game company would like to make it seem like the game is just over ran with them when that really isn't the case.....

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Honestly not even reading all of the stuff in here, just replying saying that I agree with the title of this post 100%.

Reactions: Seven7