Poor Targeting mechanics needs addressing

BecReed

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
If you keep targeting mob far away, stop using tab targeting and use auto-targeting system no?
The auto-targeting cant make you target a mob that is not in combat so you cant aim a mob far away...

I'm heal, so my target is always the tank, and i use auto-targeting to cast my spell on mob. So i dont have to switch target, no problem..
When i want a specific mob, i just tab target. It's ******* precise. When i selec a mob far away, i know i do a mistake due to my bad aiming skill. I do it again, this time, aiming correctly. No problem again.
:unsure:
Yes, Playtil doesn't have any issues with the targeting, so there is no issue. So simple. No problem.
Good that you're happy with your heal. so precise. no problem.

Playtil

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Playtil doesn't have any issues with the targeting
Quote where i say that please.??!

Let me quote for you
When i selec a mob far away
So i said "i have issues" if you dont understand...
After that, i gave my solution to suppress my issues. Auto-targeting and no more tab targetting.
What's your solution?
No solution?
Only here to trashtalk? :unsure:

:sleep:

Cookie

Astellian
Oct 18, 2019
Sorry Playtil, I'm with Bec. Your posts throughout the thread have read to be quite condescending and gave the impression that the targeting is fine and it's all the mistakes of the user.
After reading Bec's reply to your last post I thought yep, that was well replied to someone that's obviously here to get a rise out of someone.

Hopefully this post can be open for more that have issues with the targeting. As I'm still playing but still very frustrated still also with it.
There's also a handful of other issues with the game and now as the time goes on and more updates come rolling in, doesn't seem like they'll ever be taken seriously enough to fix.

Reactions: Wardance

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Quote where i say that please.??!

Let me quote for you

So i said "i have issues" if you dont understand...
After that, i gave my solution to suppress my issues. Auto-targeting and no more tab targetting.
What's your solution?
No solution?
Only here to trashtalk? :unsure:

:sleep:
Problem is you solution may work ok for healer and DPS, but as a tank I have to constantly change up targets so as to maintain or grab aggro, and their current targeting system is absolutely horrid for that. If it was at least consistent then people can actually figure out easier ways to work around it, but sometimes it seems to want to cycle through all the mobs around you, and other times it seems to want to target only mobs 3 dungeons over.

And your post did come across as kind of condescending, and sounded like that if you target the wrong mob then it was because you screwed up and not the game's targeting.

What it boils down to is they really really need to work on their targeting system so that it is better and smoother.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Problem is you solution may work ok for healer and DPS, but as a tank I have to constantly change up targets so as to maintain or grab aggro, and their current targeting system is absolutely horrid for that. If it was at least consistent then people can actually figure out easier ways to work around it, but sometimes it seems to want to cycle through all the mobs around you, and other times it seems to want to target only mobs 3 dungeons over.

And your post did come across as kind of condescending, and sounded like that if you target the wrong mob then it was because you screwed up and not the game's targeting.

What it boils down to is they really really need to work on their targeting system so that it is better and smoother.
I know it´s not perfect, but it works for me much better (Assassin) since i switched the targeting - method from "angle in front of you" to "distance".
It starts with the targeting always at the nearest mobs -> mobs far away.

You can find that in the settings under the 3rd tab -> targeting -> set priority.

The names could be wrong, since i use the german client and not the english one, but i guess you can find it.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I know it´s not perfect, but it works for me much better (Assassin) since i switched the targeting - method from "angle in front of you" to "distance".
It starts with the targeting always at the nearest mobs -> mobs far away.

You can find that in the settings under the 3rd tab -> targeting -> set priority.

The names could be wrong, since i use the german client and not the english one, but i guess you can find it.
Yeah I've tried them all and the targeting still gets screwed up from time to time;

Reactions: Wardance

Wardance

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Now that Avalon is out, Tabbing the right mob in any game would be hard but, attempting to click a mob with the mouse button first click and it sticking is extremely low. Even if the mob isn't moving, I seem to have to click multiple times before it selects. May have to do with lag but there are others also in the guild that have really low ping that also have said they have trouble clicking and sticking.

Would be great to hear from the Game devs if they're looking into this and many other issues that have been talked about since day one. Like Cookie said that there seems to be many updates rolling in with new content which is great but I really havn't seen any of the what I consider the main bugs/problems getting addressed.

An overhall of the targeting system would be much appreciated going forward for this game. There are too many mass mobs for the way it works now to be functionable/enjoyable. If you need suggestions I'm sure there are many of us that could offer them.

With my Norden's favor and Niar's favor about to expire the choice to renew them I'm still yet made up my mind.

Greyhound

Astellian
Dec 22, 2019
Following this thread and I see no devs have responded to what seems a legitimate issue for many. I'm to assume this has not been fixed? I'm thinking of buying this game, but things like this give me pause.

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Following this thread and I see no devs have responded to what seems a legitimate issue for many. I'm to assume this has not been fixed? I'm thinking of buying this game, but things like this give me pause.
It's more an irritation then anything, and it mostly effects warriors. Just have to adjust what you do clicking on targets is more effective