[Preview] 3/17 update preview

CM Holten

Community Manager
Staff Member
Dec 17, 2019

Preview Guild Content Updates

[Guild friendship chart]

Maglev 6 League quests are rewarded with friendly points.
If the level of affinity increases by increasing the s point, the token store's items will be discounted.
Affinity points must be joined in the guild to obtain rewards and depend on the guild.

[Guild Skill]

You can use or enhance guild skills with guild resources.
With guild skills, you can provide a variety of buffs for a period of time to the entire guild member.
Improving guild skills increases skill effectiveness, skill duration, and skill coverage.
The guild skill is only available to those with guild administrator privileges.

[Guild Donation]

The guild donation item 'Artnerium' has been added to the s production content.
Artnerium can be produced and donated to the guild.
Artnerium is a resource consumed by the use or reinforcement of guild skills.
Artnerium that the guild can acquire in a day is 9,000 points.

Preview Guild Battlefield Updates

There are 2 modes: one for sixteen-player guild and another for fourty eight-player guild.
This is a survival duel arena that can serve up to 96 players in a guild vs guild battle, and the last surviving member wins.

[Entering the duel room]

Anyone with guild administrator privileges can apply for matching.
Once guild matching is complete, guild members can enter the duel room.
There is a time limit for entry after guild matching is done.
No admittance after admission time or when the competition is in progress.

[Rules]

Entering the duel room will take you to the waiting room, and there is a portal for you to move to four rooms.
Each portal has a limited number of entrants, and each portal is entered by dividing the number of people.
Each of the four rooms has a duel, and a portal to move to the central area is placed.
After the duel, the surviving members of the four rooms gather in the central area to proceed with the final duel.
All opposing players are killed, or more surviving guild wins at the end of battle time.

[Rewards]

Best-in-class Artnerium, which is available for guild donation, will be awarded as a reward.
Artnerium is a guild resource that is needed to enhance guild skills.

Preview Pradoten Updates

[Story]

Pradoten, an ancient great wizard created a great garden for himself with an enormous power. The doors of the garden occasionally opened when Atra's flow allowed it and many adventurers went inside after the wizard's treasure or even the entire garden itself but none returned. Pradoten is gone, but his Golems are still guarding this beautiful garden as their master's will.

[Play]

Pradoten's garden consumes tickets with four-man legend difficulty dungeon.
Pradoten's garden is richly resourceful and has a large collection.
Only limited activity is possible with dungeon with time limit.
You can acquire special resources to make new accessories.

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Only limited activity is possible with dungeon with time limit.
i don't know how that dungeon will look like, but from the sound of it ... it sounds like the "gathering dungeons" from the roadmap

so a question :
will the differance in movementspeed between cashshop and non cashshop horses be adjusted for these kind of dungeons,
do horses and movementspeed have ne influence within this "limited activity is possible with the timelimit" dungeon

or do we finally get the official confirmation for p2w gamemechanics ;)

Reactions: Pirylio

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
First i would say this preview is badly translated omg...from original korean link. But ok....

So it is quite nice to see new content finally. BUT i am worried about the guild vs guild content. I hope you do and balance it well in terms of numbers because there is only very few guilds with 48 or even 16 active players connected at same time....i hope it balances the mode if for example there is only a big guild, then small guilds can join and team force together like small guild 1 + small guild 2 vs big guild 3 to equalize numbers and power....if it is just unique guild 1 vs unique guild 2 and not balanced in term of numbers and power then byebye this mode ( small guild with 5 players vs big guild of 16 players or 20 vs 48 would make no sense AT ALL

I would say i am disappointed a bit thats a just battle royale mode. I was expecting a better pvp mode with a bit of stategy/mechanics like capturing flags, defending a gate or a castle...here its just klling players..with 0 strategy or bare minimum

I hope guild buffs or skills are worth enough or none would join this battlefield too...

About the gathering dungeon you talk about new accessories? Can you tell us more ?

The idea of new guild quests to get currency to get lower prices on coins npc seems fine for once

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I would say i am disappointed a bit thats a just battle royale mode. I was expecting a better pvp mode with a bit of stategy like capturing flags, defending a gate or a castle...here its just klling players..with 0 strategy or bare minimum
as i see it, it sounds pretty much like another addition of "gearfight" ...
just with the addition of "guildgearfight" into it [who grinded the most new ressources over the last 10 years style of gameplay]

• Haha

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
as i see it, it sounds pretty much like another addition of "gearfight" ...
just with the addition of "guildgearfight" into it [who grinded the most new ressources over the last 10 years style of gameplay]
Actually i am more worried about the balance of numbers of guilds players who can join like if it tags with a 5vs 16 or whatever non sense fights... or if it is smart and tags and complete with other small guilds together vs big guild to get a full 16vs16 or 48vs48 fight..

Then after sure there will be the gear balance issue, which is kinda same like premade/organized guild vs random guilds (many small guilds together without coordination). But this last one is a problem on most asian mmorpg not only astellia.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I see.. Terra managed to RIP Avalon and she found horses as her new prey...
I like this patch. Its nice.

• Haha

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I see.. Terra managed to RIP Avalon and she found horses as her new prey...
I like this patch. Its nice.
it was the behavior of certain players egoistically (ab)using bad gamedesign (unfit for the real server population) without caring about the consequences of their actions coupled with bugs and issues [balance between factions, breaking treasures, double weeklys while others got stuck within the same faction etc] which ruined avalon at the beginning

also dear panda, what exactly does this has to do with the topic of that tread [namly the new content types] ... tell you : exactly nothing
but [since you started talking about avalon] let's go back to the topic of horses within avalon ;) ... there movement speed can be the differance between suceccfully escaping an enemy/beeing able to catch an enemy and getting caught yourself :)

fact is : faster movement speed is an undeniable advantage ...
- when you have to run away from an enemy
- when you have to catch an escaping enemy
- as timesaver during your daily/weekly grind (yep, that movementspeed can save a few minutes every day)
- and most importantly (if i've understood it right) during normal gathering and now within time limited gathering dungeons [consuming dungeon tickets and are time-limited] ... so please don't even try to tell me, that faster movement wouldn't be beneficial there

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
fact is : faster movement speed is an undeniable advantage ...
- when you have to run away from an enemy
- when you have to catch an escaping enemy
- as timesaver during your daily/weekly grind (yep, that movementspeed can save a few minutes every day)
- and most importantly (if i've understood it right) during normal gathering and now within time limited gathering dungeons [consuming dungeon tickets and are time-limited] ... so please don't even try to tell me, that faster movement wouldn't be beneficial there
The speed difference is less than <10% theoretically. Its effect is minimal for most players. Catching or not catching is also dependent on how you handle your mount. When you do daily/weekly, try to get faster route. It can easily cover up the speed difference and save your time.

Zanzibar

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
everyone who doesnt feel the mount difference is not playing activly so get out with your <10% theory jon snow

Reactions: Oklmq

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
It is around 11% that the cash shop mounts are faster than the brown horse if my maths is correct (8m/s is ~89% of 9m/s). Still doesnt have any real impact outside of PvP besides maybe safing 10 minutes.

And , honestly, you bought a game for at least 30 bucks and are now trying to tell me you cant afford a freakin mount for 20? geeez xD If you have a problem with the mounts being faster just go and buy one lmfao. I am a poor student and I bought 3 mounts so far including the unicorn and I didnt have to suffer hunger for that.
Being 11% faster is no P2W. Not even close.
If you want to see some real P2W I can tell you some games that display that very well in PM ;)

• Angry

Zanzibar

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
its not about beeing rich or poor, its about a game beeing advertised as "buy2play, no pay2win at all!"
any form of advantage through cash shop = pay2win
put mounts with same speed as cashshop mounts in zender-shop and its fine again

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Its effect is minimal for most players. Catching or not catching is also dependent on how you handle your mount. When you do daily/weekly, try to get faster route. It can easily cover up the speed difference and save your time.
of course the handling of your mount also plays a role, sure

but are players with a faster horse prohibited from also taking the faster route ?

so funfact ... i made the daily with a friend ... we both took the exact 100% same rout ...
he handles his horse much better than i ... and yet ... i continued to run ahead of him ... on each and every single step of the quest

so now please explain to me, how he could "easily cover up" that speed differance to me, so that i wouldn't have to wait at every single questgiver for his arrival ;) ... oh and yes, we both used horseman ... so that's also not the issue

Still doesnt have any real impact outside of PvP besides maybe safing 10 minutes.
pvp, saving time during your dailys each and every single day ! [and the dailys are one of the largestest "have to grind" junks the game has] ... and during gathering ... someone who can move faster can gather more in a shorter period of time

especially with these newly announced gathering dungeons which will be time-limited, so limited action possible, and ticket consuming <- so again my initial question ... will the movement speed of your horses will have an impact on the ammount of materials you will be able to gather within this dungeons ... think about it for yourself

And , honestly, you bought a game for at least 30 bucks and are now trying to tell me you cant afford a freakin mount for 20?
and honestly i bought the game for 100 and have the cashmount ... so it's not realy about what i can afford/not afford it's abut exactly that

its not about beeing rich or poor, its about a game beeing advertised as "buy2play, no pay2win at all!"
any form of advantage through cash shop = pay2win
if i can afford to buy a mount or not is irrelevant ...
if the cash shop mounts are faster / not so fast than the normal mounts ... is an issue to discuss and talk about

but advertising a game as buy to play / non pay to win
and than throwing around pay to win content [faster horses / free lootring / more (limited) dungeontickets] ... <- that's the problem

either make the p2w elements leave the game
or stop advertising it as non p2w and admit, that you can buy ingame advantages via real money transactions

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
How about, making ALL mounts same speed in Avalon only? that way mounts will be a pay for convenience outside of pvp, as faster speed outside of pvp doesn't give you any other advantage aside from convenience...

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
How about, making ALL mounts same speed in Avalon only? that way mounts will be a pay for convenience outside of pvp, as faster speed outside of pvp doesn't give you any other advantage aside from convenience...
depends ... they do give you the advantage of being able to gather more in a shorter period of time
[also i wouldn't call saving several dozens of minutes each and everyday "just convinience" ... but thats something we can discuss about :p]

now the latest preview mentioned them implementing some kind of dungeon to gather ressources
the mention, that these dungeons will consume tickets ... and will have only limited action possible -> due to time limitation <-

so depending on how these dungeons will be built ... [if you, for example would have the possibility to use your horse a lot to ride from point a to point b within them ... idk how they're built ... so we can just speculate now] ... but depending on how these dungeons will look ... you will have a bonus in them ... since you'll be able to collect more within that time period ... and since entry is ticket limited ... well