Question about Edges

BlurryNight

Astellian
Nov 25, 2019
I'm trying to use shadow strike from behind to gain 1 edge but i'm not seeing anything indicating this. Also theirs a skill that makes the enemy bleed into another thats supposed to give an edge if theyre bleeding. Again no indication. am I doing something wrong?

Also this is my first time not playing a tank. Will I need to be very meticulous about what skills I use or is their some leaniency in it (i.e. being able to use any skills you need to as long as youre not not dying)

I want to take this game more seriously than I have any other mmo but ive always played very casually.

Reggie

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
the skills that produce an edge do not produce it every time even when the skills themself hit do damage. it's is kinda wierd an annoying that sometimes a whole rotation does not give any edges. i think it could rredend on the status hit chance runes equipped... might

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
the skills that produce an edge do not produce it every time even when the skills themself hit do damage. it's is kinda wierd an annoying that sometimes a whole rotation does not give any edges. i think it could rredend on the status hit chance runes equipped... might
Are you sure about that?

I get them every time, unless i see the skill is missing the target or the 2 skills (bleeding / from behind) don´t match the restrictions.

Otherwise i would call it a bug.

Reggie

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
this is one of the situations where a combat log file could help. otherwise its hard for me to see when i miss in fight. assa combat is extremely fast. i only can track edges that i always need to gather (mostly 3 edges for mana gain)

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
this is one of the situations where a combat log file could help. otherwise its hard for me to see when i miss in fight. assa combat is extremely fast. i only can track edges that i always need to gather (mostly 3 edges for mana gain)
Check a bit for the sound if possible. I can hear 90%+ of all missing hits. ^^

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
It seems like it works as long as I use a skill to swing behind the target but I can't just approach from behind.
You need to use your WASD permanentely. Every enemy in PvP has a slow reaction- time. (Only 1 Startale boss is annoying af.)

Just move or jump in them, wait 1s and you can see them "casting" their attack. Move through them and use your skills, repeat when they turn on you again.
Otherwise just just use your jumps and CC. I don't know which skills you already have , but such stuff is possible:

- Use the standard-CC with a follow - skill, which is only usable on stunned targets and let you immediately jumping behind it.

- Use your standard - jump in time.

- Use the triple - jump.

- Use the counterjump in time. If you press that button , the enemy has to attack you within ~1s or it won't work.

- Use a Tank astel.

- Stealth doesn't work good in PvE.

In case of the bleeding skill, the skill might work, but the bleeding has a chance to miss too. It's called status-accuracy.
Just check the enemies debuffs, to be sure the he is bleeding or not. The best is to buff that skill for ~100%Status accuracy. You need that edges.
Otherwise you could use scorpio or Serpens for bleeding/ poisoning too.

Last edited: