Question on changing classes (the level 50 specializations)

Trerro

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
I know the only thing that works from specs that aren't active is the awakened skill. My question is, are you able to switch between specs, or do you completely discard your exp in that spec if you switch? The site guide is unclear on this, and I'll of course want to take the one I'm aiming for last if it is a total discard.

Dixi

Astellian
Sep 15, 2019
Each new sub class worth a lot of effort. It would be logical to be able to switch them out of combat for free.
But, as I heard, you completely loose previous class, except of 5-star useless ability.

That's a problem, because lots of classes need a least two of those sub-classes switchable for normal gameplay. Tanks need Crusader to actually tank things, and one of others to hunt solo. Same for healers. I bet all DD classes also need different sub-classes for different everyday tasks.
Current sub classes are already limited enough and do not add a lot of variety. So we should be able to switch between them for free, as soon as we acquired them.

Reactions: Wardance

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
I think requiring specialization adds a sense of character identity. While i think the current system of 'level the ones you want to actually play as last' is kind of silly, just letting people switch at will is also a letdown as it makes you ask why even have the advanced classes at all and not just a hand full of abilities that require a lot of grinding to unlock in the base class. Ive never liked the idea that characters can just forget how to do stuff because they visited a skill trainer.

It seems to me what we have is a standard advanced class system only the developers tried to innovate things and make it different, and have this weird leveling and switching and some abilities carry over and others dont strangeness. Maybe, if it is changed, make it a real advanced class system where you pick one, but have all the 5 star abilities eventually unlock with enough leveling. so 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 stars. Then you can get the abilities you actually want early on instead of at 'effective star' 11 and 13.

Generally its good to restrict players, because choices only arise and have meaning when you are limited, if you are free to do what ever you want there are no choices, you simply do what ever is optimal in any situation. The only thing that can be flexible is the players approach to a situation. If you give everyone the same tools there is one aproach. If everyone has various degrees of abilities then there will be different approaches

Syncronis

Astellian
Oct 27, 2019
So Players are forced to choose - be able to solo when they do not have a group or specialize into needing a group just to be functional?

Example Scholar going Oracle vs other specializations. 👾

• Sad
Reactions: Oklmq

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Astels can do quite a bit of damage once you get their stars up and equip them well. you can have two out indefinitely with the 30 minute potions that drop in dungeons. And the advanced classess do not radically shift the base classess, only enhance them in some ways.
While yes, gearing yourself up for pure support will make you less able to solo efficiently than someone else, it should also make you have an easier time grouping to start with.

Syncronis

Astellian
Oct 27, 2019
I appreciate the effort but having to patch class just so they can solo with consumable drops is not satisfying or appealing for me . Thank you for letting me know before I invested more time into the game. *sigh* looks like I will have to move on then.

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Any class can do any of the solo content, and honestly the party content once fully geared up is probably mostly doable by all, maybe even better done by more support oriented classes if you are judging what can be accomplished.
Solo efficiency means things like, grinding exp while solo. This definitely is faster on some than others. I view it as just the characteristics of the class. Honestly mages blow everyone away at this, but when looking at who might be slower at it than others; a pure support healer for example, i can only approve of it. I was a healer for the first 5 years of my mmo career, and this was in games where being a healer really made you absolutely dependent on others. But what did this do? It made fewer people want to play the class, meaning i had an easier time grouping. More things like this to give different experiences of play between classes is a good thing. Likewise more dime a dozen classess people flocked to due to their ease had to put in effort in other ways to be attractive and successful overall. In the end both ways have shortcomings and advantages. This worked best when you really had to pick your class and identify with it, the class you picked was your entire playstyle of the game. These days everyone seems to want to just level up every class with lots of alts and have a bland similar experience, with only difference being the sequence of buttons they push while doing it, or the stats on the gear they look for.

However, this is more to do with class than advanced class. It might interest you to know that from what ive gained from the korean forums, they consider the stat bonuses you get for leveling up the advanced classes to generally be a more significant thing than the class unique skills you get.

Anyway, this depends on which class you are looking to play. A dps for example is really just going to chase the stat bonuses anyway, because even the advanced classes that theoretically give better skills for soloing will probably not in the end have the better stats for it. For the tank and healer this changes of course, where you must now not choose between multiple options of different kinds of dps, but rather dps or something else.

It should be noted that one might decide to just start with the best soloing class, farm the exp to max out the other two on that class, then end at the fully maxed out support build, and not have to worry about exp farming anymore. As the advanced classes, their switching to and leveling up of, is bought with exp you have banked in your general exp pool, and so you could very well grind enough exp to 5 star all 3 while sticking to a single one, or even do the thing some koreans recommend, which is to start with your favored class, and grind enough exp on it to max out the other two AND return to 5 star of the one you started with.

People do tend to group up for the dailies and weeklies anyway.

Syncronis

Astellian
Oct 27, 2019
Ok thanks, I guess I will have to park my staring class and find another to solo with for what you mentioned before. I have been having trouble with other areas of the game and this is leading to a tipping point of better to move on. I will try it for a bit longer and see how the experience goes. Thanks:):coffee:

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Under the news item for character classes it has the following line:

"Players are not however limited to the single evolutionary path they have chosen, in fact each one of the earned 5 star awakened skills, will be retained even after changing to another evolution path, exclusive skills, earned EXP and stats will not however."

So for example as a archer if you choose Hawkeye you increase physical accuracy and physical crit each time you gain a star. If you switch after 5 stars to Bounty hunter you lose all the "stat bonuses" to physical accuracy and crit and start gaining bonuses in physical attack and energy. Is this what they mean or are there other stat bonuses that are effected too?

I ask this because if you don't keep the stat bonuses then there is little reason to bother with the 3rd class if the exclusive spell isn't something you would use.

Also if you lose the "earned EXP" you should switch as soon as you're able as you won't 'carry over' Exp into your new specialization, unless I'm misreading that too.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
bassically, when gaining new stars you get two things out of it

1) the stat-bonuses you get through your subclass and
2) the skills you get

at the skills there are two different "versions" ... the first two are sub-class exclusive ... the fifth star is an awakened version of another normal skill

when you switch subclasses you loose all the stat-bonuses you gained and the skills aquired ...
only, when you had 5 star and the awakened skill, you will keep this single, specifix skill in it's awakened version

the "loose earned exp" ... no, you don't loose earned exp ...
what you do is loosing the spent exp ...

if you spent 40 million exp for the new subclass and than switch back to another one ... you don't get that spent exp back ...
if you have already earned another 100 mio exp ... you keep them ... but you need to re-invest the ep to level up the subclass you switched to

even if you already had a subclass at 5 stars ... if you switch ... you have to spent new exp to bring it back up ... that's what it basically means ... but the ep you have "stored" ... that isn't lost

so you can farm till you have enough exp ... and than go directly to 5 stars if you want

Reactions: Falconer_Joanna

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
bassically, when gaining new stars you get two things out of it

1) the stat-bonuses you get through your subclass and
2) the skills you get

at the skills there are two different "versions" ... the first two are sub-class exclusive ... the fifth star is an awakened version of another normal skill

when you switch subclasses you loose all the stat-bonuses you gained and the skills aquired ...
only, when you had 5 star and the awakened skill, you will keep this single, specifix skill in it's awakened version

the "loose earned exp" ... no, you don't loose earned exp ...
what you do is loosing the spent exp ...

if you spent 40 million exp for the new subclass and than switch back to another one ... you don't get that spent exp back ...
if you have already earned another 100 mio exp ... you keep them ... but you need to re-invest the ep to level up the subclass you switched to

even if you already had a subclass at 5 stars ... if you switch ... you have to spent new exp to bring it back up ... that's what it basically means ... but the ep you have "stored" ... that isn't lost

so you can farm till you have enough exp ... and than go directly to 5 stars if you want
Thanks for the clarification.