Race To Max Contest [Update: Winners Announced | 11/1]

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Seriously the how can this contest have not ended? I am actually shocked.

No idea why you planned this "contest" being longer than 1 month, if first people reached max level after like 18 hours and the first 10 you would have after about 2 days of the release of each package.

Last edited:
Reactions: figures

Tridda

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
No idea why you planned this "contest" being longer than 1 month, if first people reached max level after like 18 hours and the first 10 you would have after about 2 days of the release of each package.
I 100% Agree I think they just are busy or something.

Reactions: figures

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
They just want to wait until even the most casual players reach 50, so it seems they had a chance!
I am starting to think its a Trick! How can the last package of players from the 27th still not be 50 by the 13th of oct?

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I am starting to think its a Trick! How can the last package of players from the 27th still not be 50 by the 13th of oct?
the whole point is,
that it doesn't work for "the last package" ... it's about the what ... first 5 or first 10 ?

the real issue,
that the starting went verry poorly [ppl weren't able to log in, while others where already 20 or 30] doesn't go away just by upgrading the recepiants of the title from 5 to 10

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Its a title... that half of the people that get it will have already probably quit by the time they get it. Why do you care so much? If you think you got one and want to put it on, keep playing and you will get to wear it at the end of the month.

Soleo

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Its a title... that half of the people that get it will have already probably quit by the time they get it. Why do you care so much? If you think you got one and want to put it on, keep playing and you will get to wear it at the end of the month.
Because alot of people got shafted out of the chance to get it. It is an exclusive that they gave out for an event that was not announced in a timely manner nor given proper coverage. The entire event was flawed in design to begin with but the icing on the cake is the fact the people that paid the $100 got screwed over the hardest by this lack of communication from them and they have the audacity to make the reward an exclusive. Excellent way to piss off and alienate a community you should be trying to build.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Because alot of people got shafted out of the chance to get it. It is an exclusive that they gave out for an event that was not announced in a timely manner nor given proper coverage. The entire event was flawed in design to begin with but the icing on the cake is the fact the people that paid the $100 got screwed over the hardest by this lack of communication from them and they have the audacity to make the reward an exclusive. Excellent way to piss off and alienate a community you should be trying to build.
the problem is less the exclusitivity ...
but more the server-problems, they had at the beginning

when ppl are lvl 20, while others can't even log in ...
than it simply isn't a fair contest anymore

Soleo

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
the problem is less the exclusitivity ...
but more the server-problems, they had at the beginning

when ppl are lvl 20, while others can't even log in ...
than it simply isn't a fair contest anymore
It wasn't a fair contest to begin with. They didn't even announce the contest until the day before launch and they announced it solely on the forums. Not social media. Not their own website. Just the forums. This in itself makes the contest unwinnable for anyone without a free schedule AND constant forum presence. The waves after the first had the opportunity to see the contest ahead of time and aptly prepare but those of us in the first batch got screwed if we weren't in the right place at the right time with the right schedule. Making the reward exclusive is the only reason most people cared about the event. An exclusive is coveted and shown off. To deny people paying $100 before you launch your game the chance to earn an exclusive reward is beyond absurd. The EU server faced login issues that messed with the event for sure, but that is far from the only way people got screwed out of a fair chance.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
well, there are several possibilitys i'd suggested

1] they could make it so, that they record the time needed for the first 5 to reach it ... [in ingame played hours]
and everytime a new character undercuts that time, the title switches

that would create some kind of competition in the long run ...
while everyone, regardless of his starting time, would have the chance to get it

2] they could create the title not alâ "the first x ones get it" ... but "rach within x played hours" ...
that way, the log-in effects at the start would be effectively canceled out

3] they could have / should have waited with the challange, until the servers would have been more stable ...
not directly after launch, where errors can kinda be expected

4] they could give players effected by that initial starting error to get that title at a later point with a new character (not on a new server... but on the one they started off)

in generall,
i'm not realy a fan of "limited, one time available titles" ...

but regardless, the way it went ...
it simply put was no competition ... it was a luck game

at least for the first round of players

Soleo

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
:( Unfair so they give it to no one seems... fair?
Unfair so they cancel the event or change the prize to something non exclusive is entirely fair. And Terra those might have worked if implemented early enough but at this point the only fair option to correct their grievous mistake would be one of the 2 I mentioned.

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Should of kept it at 5 people per class, instead of 10. now instead of 100 ppl running around with title, that's doubled, making it not so "cool" and interesting to have anymore.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
This event ends the 29th or the 30th?
Ends on the 31st according to the Announcement, and honestly not much reason for them to not be able to announce the winners by Nov. 1st since they have to had been known for awhile now.

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Cool Cool think they will keep tip lips about who got it as there is a lot of controversy around this event? Would of loved to see who got it and timestamps ect just as I am truly curious.

Reactions: Oklmq

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Should of kept it at 5 people per class, instead of 10. now instead of 100 ppl running around with title, that's doubled, making it not so "cool" and interesting to have anymore.
they should have made the event in a way,
that doesn't rely entirely on luck

some ppl where shouting within discord, that they're already lvl 20/30 ...
while others still weren't even able to get into the game due to server/client issues

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
At this point I seriously hope they just say "Winners have been notified. Thanks for participating." I would probably die laughing if they did just because the rage posts would be hilarious.