Scheduled Maintenance [1/30 | Complete]

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

On Thursday January 30th, we’ll be bringing the servers down for a scheduled maintenance.

[Update | 9:10am PDT]
Maintenance has concluded, servers are online.

[Update | 7:50am PDT]
Maintenance will be extended an additional hour and is expected to end at 9:00am PDT (18:00 CET).

[Update | 6:00am PDT]
Maintenance has been extended by 2 hours, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please stay tuned to this thread for any additional updates.

Maintenance Information
  • Servers will come down at 12:00am PST (Midnight) | 09:00 CET.
  • Approximate downtime: 6 Hours
Patch Notes
  • Astellia officially launches on Steam platform.
  • The Astel Enakir has been released, and can be found as a dungeon drop and through Astel card packs.
  • A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon.
  • New items for Avalon have been added through a new quest line.
  • Addition of solo legendary dungeons, the drop rates have been adjusted for solo player level difficulty.
  • Pimpi and Crescent Dogavi events have ended and are now removed.
  • 9 Star Astels have now been unlocked.

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
before anything else :

care to explain, what exactly that even means ?

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
If done properly, with the following guidelines, this could still turn out to be ok:

--Those with the switch turned off do not get points awarded toward their faction. Even taking stones would not count. The only reason to turn off pvp would be to be able to work on pve quests, with no pvp rewards gained, just tokens for treasures.
--Those who flip the switch either way are stuck in that position for a minimum of so many hours. So if you go into pvp, you're stuck in pvp mode for that many hours. This would avoid people from just switching it off and on to gank people.

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
If done properly, with the following guidelines, this could still turn out to be ok:

--Those with the switch turned off do not get points awarded toward their faction. Even taking stones would not count. The only reason to turn off pvp would be to be able to work on pve quests, with no pvp rewards gained, just tokens for treasures.
--Those who flip the switch either way are stuck in that position for a minimum of so many hours. So if you go into pvp, you're stuck in pvp mode for that many hours. This would avoid people from just switching it off and on to gank people.
I for one actually like that change because I hate PvP to my core, HOWEVER it is true that there should be a reason for players to NOT want to turn PvP off.

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I was first a bit surprised by the addition of on/off function in Avalon because I thought it will kill PvP in Avalon.

However after some more thought, now I think it might be good patch considering the release in Steam tomorrow.

Newbies can't compete with players like Shaw** with full T2 gears, so this will encourage newbies to enjoy Avalon more.

Although I think this might still reduce the fun of accidental individual PvPs while you are doing quests (PvE) which I enjoyed a lot even if I get killed a lot of times, we will be still able to do group PvPs for fighting for stones etc.

If I encounter an enemy player in Avalon with PvP off, I will try to provoke if I want to do PvP. Then actually this might increase the chance of doing PvP more in Avalon when more people are enjoying PvE with PvP off?

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
I was first a bit surprised by the addition of on/off function in Avalon because I thought it will kill PvP in Avalon.

However after some more thought, now I think it might be good patch considering the release in Steam tomorrow.

Newbies can't compete with players like Shaw** with full T2 gears, so this will encourage newbies to enjoy Avalon more.

Although I think this might still reduce the fun of accidental individual PvPs while you are doing quests (PvE) which I enjoyed a lot even if I get killed a lot of times, we will be still able to do group PvPs for fighting for stones etc.

If I encounter an enemy player in Avalon with PvP off, I will try to provoke if I want to do PvP. Then actually this might increase the chance of doing PvP more in Avalon when more people are enjoying PvE with PvP off?
Stand next to them and do /dance3 over and over. That would provoke me. "Oh no buddy, you gots ta go!"

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Way to ruin pvp . I will no longer play take care
Which PvP? Already dead Avalon?
I guess the 20 mage - faction will always win now lol.

Greetings Astellians,

On Thursday January 30th, we’ll be bringing the servers down for a scheduled maintenance.

Maintenance Information
  • Servers will come down at 12:00am PST (Midnight) | 09:00 CET.
  • Approximate downtime: 6 Hours
Patch Notes
  • Astellia officially launches on Steam platform.
  • The Astel Enakir has been released, and can be found as a dungeon drop and through Astel card packs.
  • A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon.
  • New items for Avalon have been added through a new quest line.
  • Addition of solo legendary dungeons, the drop rates have been adjusted for solo player level difficulty.
  • Pimpi and Crescent Dogavi events have ended and are now removed.
  • 9 Star Astels have now been unlocked.
Still no fixes.
Still no balancing.
Still no UI / Guild stuff.
Still no real patchnotes.
Still nothing for the community to hold the players and get some vets back into the game.

Instead of balancing, you´re going to put an "ON / OFF" Switch into PvP.
Instead of fixes, you still run down your finished roadmap.
Instead of RNG - / ticket - changes and doing some for more players, you bring more solo dungeons with solo content.

And don´t tell me about steam... it´s just the nail in..... I bet the 100 new players will be glad to get solo´d by the enemies 9 star astels, once they try to do some PvP in Avalon or Arena.
You guys have really NO CLUE what you´re doing. No wonder the korean version shut down after a year. It´s ridiculous what happens here.

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
Thx...no more pvp. You think we gear up and lvl up astels for what? To do more pve? No its for pvp...if you let players the choice in avalon most wont do pvp and then there is no point gearing in astellia. No motivation.... nothing....no goal...

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Good job @Terra . You and your crybaby friends made it. You cried long enough to kill Avalon and the Game with it.

Now the low quality high quanitity player guilds will win Avalon every single week because of hunting Points. If you do it like that, please delete hunting points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steffen and Beauron

Beleous

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The only place in the game that there's pvp, you mess it up... WTF, get a clue. The whole rest of the game is pve, with Avalon being the only place for pvp and you put in an on/off switch. I say this last part as a form of constructive criticism of this next patch: When that stupid train just keeps running you over. Seriously though, why would you take away the one and only place for open world pvp with a silly switch.

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
"A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon."
A lot of people wanted it to be doing quests alone, but that's not a good solution. Now everyone can travel safely around Avalon, and when they find someone they can easily beat, they will simply turn on the PVP (because I understand that the on / off function works like PK Mode at any time? But I may be wrong). Theoretically, this will equalize the chances of getting Treasures, some people have 100k + kill points and others zero points because they are weaker or no have partyt and now they can do quests in peace for Coins. However, earning points for PVP will now be very limited. It may be completely unprofitable. It wasn't better to introduce some way of getting the same coins for people who don't want PVP? Any separate area non PVP? Avalon is to be used for fights between players and it should remain unchanged. Alternatively, do safe zones for questing and leave the rest to PVP. Making all of Avalon safe will destroy PVP in this game. Making safe zones would reduce the PVP area, which would help in PVP battles, because now is sometimes hard to find enemies (the area is too big for the number of players). It seems to me for better solution than changing the whole Avalon, which 90% will now be non PVP ... But that's my opinion.

A good solution for PVP players would also be to add fights "group VS group" in a small areas where you can enable party search (queue function). But not like in the Arena. More like taking flags, taking cores, or something similar on small varied maps. Add points for killing to PVP points from Avalon. This will allow you to quickly fight without looking for enemies on a huge map and fun for PVP players.

Other changes are very good. The addition of Solo Legendary Dungeons is a brilliant idea to burn tickets quickly without waiting. Increase Stars Astels also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sotia and Oklmq