Scheduled Maintenance [1/30 | Complete]

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
some People, who are just bad and lazy ruined the game. gg

edit:
and .... Suprise. even now, they arent Happy.
That´s bs.

Next to the statement from some players "I can´t accept the weekly quest, because the NPC got camped!", all what the most wanted was and is BALANCING. Noone asked for an ON/OFF switch.
Don´t make the players responsible for the laziness and ignorance of the developers!

But hey.... this is just another perfect example, that the devs don´t really care about anything and just want to keep as much players at the game, in hope that they´ll pay. Balancing? Less RNG? Who need this stuff, it means "work to do". Let´s place and ON / OFF switch, "problem solved".
Avalon was meant to be the BIG ENDGAME and selling point and they make a joke out of it. It´s obvious how much the devs care and how much goes wrong with this game through their decision-making.

And if they really took the first "statement" as a reason... yeah... must be hard to put that quest into the faction - headquarters.

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Nice to see in the Patchnotes that some Feedback got considered and done like Solo Legendaries e.g. Shows they do not completely ignore what is being said although it does feel like that sometimes. So there's hope that Ticketsystem e.g. gets adjusted in Future too as the System is antimmo/antisocial in general. Good Luck on Steam although i think it is a tad early for a release personally due to steamreviews most likely going to be harsh in current endgame state but who knows maybe it ll end up atleast mixed hopefully as mostly or overwhelmingly negative would kill the game there :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Antyr and Oklmq

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Which PvP? Already dead Avalon?
I guess the 20 mage - faction will always win now lol.

Still no fixes.
Still no balancing.
Still no UI / Guild stuff.
Still no real patchnotes.
Still nothing for the community to hold the players and get some vets back into the game.

Instead of balancing, you´re going to put an "ON / OFF" Switch into PvP.
Instead of fixes, you still run down your finished roadmap.
Instead of RNG - / ticket - changes and doing some for more players, you bring more solo dungeons with solo content.

And don´t tell me about steam... it´s just the nail in..... I bet the 100 new players will be glad to get solo´d by the enemies 9 star astels, once they try to do some PvP in Avalon or Arena.
You guys have really NO CLUE what you´re doing. No wonder the korean version shut down after a year. It´s ridiculous what happens here.
Instead of you leaving the forums and never returning because obviously you have no interests in the game - you continue to post your ignorant negative nerd rage feedback.

Nothing will make this guy happy, even if he made changes himself, he'd probably still complain about them.

Plus, I thought you'd be one of the ones all for the new changes with Avalon? What gives?

Reactions: Appoxa

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
"A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon."
A lot of people wanted it to be doing quests alone, but that's not a good solution. Now everyone can travel safely around Avalon, and when they find someone they can easily beat, they will simply turn on the PVP (because I understand that the on / off function works like PK Mode at any time? But I may be wrong). Theoretically, this will equalize the chances of getting Treasures, some people have 100k + kill points and others zero points because they are weaker or no have partyt and now they can do quests in peace for Coins. However, earning points for PVP will now be very limited. It may be completely unprofitable. It wasn't better to introduce some way of getting the same coins for people who don't want PVP? Any separate area non PVP? Avalon is to be used for fights between players and it should remain unchanged. Alternatively, do safe zones for questing and leave the rest to PVP. Making all of Avalon safe will destroy PVP in this game. Making safe zones would reduce the PVP area, which would help in PVP battles, because now is sometimes hard to find enemies (the area is too big for the number of players). It seems to me for better solution than changing the whole Avalon, which 90% will now be non PVP ... But that's my opinion.

A good solution for PVP players would also be to add fights "group VS group" in a small areas where you can enable party search (queue function). But not like in the Arena. More like taking flags, taking cores, or something similar on small varied maps. Add points for killing to PVP points from Avalon. This will allow you to quickly fight without looking for enemies on a huge map and fun for PVP players.

Other changes are very good. The addition of Solo Legendary Dungeons is a brilliant idea to burn tickets quickly without waiting. Increase Stars Astels also.
I think both parties have to enable pvp, meaning, you can't just run up to someone you see that's "easy to beat" and flag. They have to as well, which 9/10 won't happen.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Instead of you leaving the forums and never returning because obviously you have no interests in the game - you continue to post your ignorant negative nerd rage feedback.

Nothing will make this guy happy, even if he made changes himself, he'd probably still complain about them.

Plus, I thought you'd be one of the ones all for the new changes with Avalon? What gives?
Balancing is something else than an ON/OFF switch. This kills the whole meaning of Avalon. Don't tell me, that you're happy with it.

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Balancing is something else than an ON/OFF switch. This kills the whole meaning of Avalon. Don't tell me, that you're happy with it.
Oh i'm definitely not happy with it in the least, but I thought someone like you would be. Right up there with @Terra.

Reactions: Oklmq

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Oh i'm definitely not happy with it in the least, but I thought someone like you would be. Right up there with @Terra.
No im a PvX - Player. I've no issue if something is getting camped or so in a PvP area.
And i would love some fun in PvP since pve is just brainless grind and 0 challenge.
But i want balancing and far less RNG to hold more players at The game and make it fun and quite fair for everyone.

And tbh... Avalon is even in eu Aquarius so dead, that i can easily do dailies and weeklies and just getting ganked maybe once a week. (Maybe)

A Switch won't refresh Avalon. It just kills its meaning and lose the last hardcore-players with its implementation.

Reactions: Forumguy

Beleous

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Seriously though, the pvp area is the one place in the game you have to keep your head on a swivel. I've gone into Avalon solo enough and had people just wipe the floor with me, as well as someone who thought they would and I pk'd them. Guess what, every time even when I was pk'd I could feel my heart rate go up adding excitement to the game that I don't feel in the pve areas. Not once have I had my heart rate go up in a pve dungeon, including the T2 dungeons in the same way that it does in Avalon when I'm about to get ganked or turn the tables on the ganker. Balance the game, and take out this silly pvp off/on switch. Hopefully the devs and the pve players that complain about the only open world pvp area being too scary learn to recognize the adrenaline as what it is. Also, if you're constantly being ganked, group up with other people, or come back at a later time to complete the quest.

ashiana

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
All they needed to do was have a way for non PVP oriented players to make the equivalent zender, coins, and treasures. Zender because the PVPers had a great advantage earning to buy waxes. Then they could have left Avalon the way it is...dead. Maybe a smaller map for PvP until there is a larger PVP player base, or as the above player mentioned - capture the flag, or tower defense maps, something that encourages groups to come out and PvP with a finite goal. Me I'm waiting to see what they actually do before I make judgements - can't mind read the developer/publisher - I have no idea what direction they are going due to the lack of communication going on between them and the players.

• Angry
Reactions: ronoch and Terra

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
than let everyone, who don't want that "motivation"
That´s bs.

Next to the statement from some players "I can´t accept the weekly quest, because the NPC got camped!", all what the most wanted was and is BALANCING. Noone asked for an ON/OFF switch.
Don´t make the players responsible for the laziness and ignorance of the developers!
let's look at a summery of what we wanted

1) an ALTERNATIVE to earn zender outside of pvp-content
2) an ALTERNATIVE to get the treasures outside of pvp or at least without rng
[where one had it week 2 on 7 and the other one fails for month]

3) a rework of known bugs and issues
[double weekly for example ... it is kinda frustrating, if rng dropps guild A into different factions, allowing them to get the weekly over and over again ... while guild B get droppt 7 weeks in a row into the same faction ... and already has done all their stuff on monday and thus can stay at home the rest of the week ... and yes, that's exactly one thing that actually happened]
--> a simple reset avalon = reset avalon quests would have been enough to solve that issue

4) a rework of the atra stones ... as it was now, a certain guild camped the stones frequently preventing normal players from even getting the quests ... on top of that, even if they where already winning clear as day, they killed the quest-giver npc's if they lost the fight for the stones .... according to the motto "if not we, than no one"

there they simply would have had to implement
a) that players who took the stone got the quest automatically
b) that players who weren't there exactly 4 hours after it got opened up (becouse of real lifer and stuff) could take their quests at a later time (maybe even without the avalon points tied to it ... but all the rest at least) and/or the possibility, to take the quest within the 4 hour window

5) a system preventing power abuse ...
so something like a risk / reward system [you get more zender, the higher you are ... but in return you get a debuff against other players, putting you onto the same level as them ... so that there is even a chance on a fair competition out there ... and not a gearfight, where one is the hunter and the other is the farmfood] ... or something preventing repetetive kills [between not equally strong players at least ... maybe simply taking out the gear/astel component of the fight would have made it a lot more interesting]

6) maybe even safe-zones or guards scaling according to the numbers, strenght and avarage (not just weekly but alltime) ranking of the players in the area

and most importantly 7) a fair balance between active players within avalon ...
THAT is what the peaple wanted

and yes, if they at least create the "ALTERNATIVE" to get zender outside of avalon via pve content ... i'd already be happy,
but let's wait and see how it turns out, before we speculate

Last edited:

PlayingMyLastMMOs

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
➡Turning pvp function off will prevent you from attacking players in different factions, however, it does not prevent other factions players from attacking you. Sounds cool.:sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandalicious

Nymeros

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
"A PvP On / Off function has been added to Avalon."
Ok now pve only players can't cry anymore, but they still need to do pvp if they want to take stones and do weekly quests.
Devs are working on game actively and it's a good thing.

Solo leg are not a good solution, cause of tickets limitation …. dogavi event kills pick up leg last weeks.
Ticket limitation is a "balancing system" to prevent player like you to farm dungeon 24/24.
Take some break is good for your healt.

Nymeros

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
than let everyone, who don't want that "motivation"

let's look at a summery of what we wanted

1) an ALTERNATIVE to earn zender outside of pvp-content
2) an ALTERNATIVE to get the treasures outside of pvp or at least without rng
[where one had it week 2 on 7 and the other one fails for month]

3) a rework of known bugs and issues
[double weekly for example ... it is kinda frustrating, if rng dropps guild A into different factions, allowing them to get the weekly over and over again ... while guild B get droppt 7 weeks in a row into the same faction ... and already has done all their stuff on monday and thus can stay at home the rest of the week ... and yes, that's exactly one thing that actually happened]
--> a simple reset avalon = reset avalon quests would have been enough to solve that issue

4) a rework of the atra stones ... as it was now, a certain guild camped the stones frequently preventing normal players from even getting the quests ... on top of that, even if they where already winning clear as day, they killed the quest-giver npc's if they lost the fight for the stones .... according to the motto "if not we, than no one"

there they simply would have had to implement
a) that players who took the stone got the quest automatically
b) that players who weren't there exactly 4 hours after it got opened up (becouse of real lifer and stuff) could take their quests at a later time (maybe even without the avalon points tied to it ... but all the rest at least) and/or the possibility, to take the quest within the 4 hour window

5) a system preventing power abuse ...
so something like a risk / reward system [you get more zender, the higher you are ... but in return you get a debuff against other players, putting you onto the same level as them ... so that there is even a chance on a fair competition out there ... and not a gearfight, where one is the hunter and the other is the farmfood] ... or something preventing repetetive kills [between not equally strong players at least ... maybe simply taking out the gear/astel component of the fight would have made it a lot more interesting]

6) maybe even safe-zones or guards scaling according to the numbers, strenght and avarage (not just weekly but alltime) ranking of the players in the area

and most importantly 7) a fair balance between active players within avalon ...
THAT is what the peaple wanted

and yes, if they at least create the "ALTERNATIVE" to get zender outside of avalon via pve content ... i'd already be happy,
but let's wait and see how it turns out, before we speculate
1) Not agreed
2) Not agreed
3) No!
4) Nooo!!
5) Youre abusing our patience.
6) No again!
7) Nobody want anything you wrote!!