Scheduled Maintenance [1/30 | Complete]

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Please vote this comment If you want Terra to get banned from this forum and this Game forever.
Maybe not game, she can keep playing, I dont mind it. But Forum and Discord Server? Maybe a little break wouldn't hurt.

Vasa

Astellian
Oct 19, 2019
Please tell me with what order of time the PVE and PVP modes in Avalon change. The calculation is done for a day or for the whole week? When I read the news about this update, I thought that the player himself would choose the mode he needed. I was wrong. Modes are switched automatically. And if the first PVE mode lasted 1 hour 30 minutes, today after a one-hour PVP mode, the new PVE mode has been switched on for 3 hours. What should I expect next?

Mycki

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
Please tell me with what order of time the PVE and PVP modes in Avalon change. The calculation is done for a day or for the whole week? When I read the news about this update, I thought that the player himself would choose the mode he needed. I was wrong. Modes are switched automatically. And if the first PVE mode lasted 1 hour 30 minutes, today after a one-hour PVP mode, the new PVE mode has been switched on for 3 hours. What should I expect next?
3h pve
1h pvp

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
The PVP on/off function is YOUR fault. Yes. I said it. Thanks to all the crybabys complaining about Avalon. This is why we cant have nice things.
ah, so people who are voicing their oppinions are crybabys for you ...
but ... aren't you complayinging too now ... so ... what are you than, yourself according to your own definition ?

but yes it is "our" fault, that avalon got interesting for other players to
btw, what we "crybabys" asked for, was a fix of known bugs [double weeklys, stuck in same faction], fair balance of players between the several factions and alternatives, to earn zender and treasure-coin (for the extreme rng treasures) outside of enforced pvp ...

and while the pvp on/off function is [probably the easiest] way to acchieve that,
nobody ever asked for the pvp to be taken out of avalon

what was asked for was balance and the possibility for non pvp'ers to earn dungeon-tickets, (thus tokens and astel skins [pure pve-content]) as well as coins for the breaking treasure outside of unbalanced pvp gameplay

Reactions: Wase

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
y but giving fair stuffs to ppl that are not contributing nor tryharding like others sounds like communism and it s BS. would prefer to give bigger rewards to the winning side since they are actually playing the game as its fullest. Well avalon now is boring and unbalanced omegalul.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
would prefer to give bigger rewards to the winning side since they are actually playing the game as its fullest.
no problem, if the factions would be split evenly, so that not always the same side would enjoy the snowballing beneftis

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
they are split evenly, even the faction matchmaking is grouping 50 players vs 150 vs 150 ...

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
sorry, you can tell me much,

but not, that a fair splitting would create scenarios,
where 11 out of 11 weeks always the same are winning

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
sorry, you can tell me much,

but not, that a fair splitting would create scenarios,
where 11 out of 11 weeks always the same are winning
Crazy stuff that those very people who win are the ones outnumbered..tell me more

Iiunnus

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Crazy stuff ......tell me more
you want more? I'll tell you more: If you use small eggs from an S carton (less than 53 g per egg), the cooking time - depending on the cooking level - is reduced by 20 to 45 seconds. An S size egg cooks for about 3 minutes to become soft, 5 minutes to be wax-soft and 7½ minutes to become medium hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Pandalicious

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Crazy stuff that those very people who win are the ones outnumbered..tell me more
wooow, highly geared and progression dedicated players outnumbered by pve players, who just do their daily/weekly activity ...
congratulation there ;)

the only thing this "outnumbered" creates is,
that you can even faster raise your rank [and thus treasure-coins], becouse of having easy targets
not exactly, what i'd call balance

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
So what does balance mean? That the worse (PVE) players in an open world PVP area win more than the PVP strong players?
Seriously: If the PVP pros actively get their kills and coordinate more, that's not reprehensible at all.

There can be "fairer" PVP, but not in such an area, but in a shielded tournament or league form.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
So what does balance mean? That the worse (PVE) players in an open world PVP area win more than the PVP strong players?
"balance" in therms of faction balance means,
that each side get's it's fair share of, to say it with your own words, "strong pvp players" and "worse pve players",
so that a healty competition between everyone can see the light of day ...

balance does not mean,
that it's always the same winning few getting stuck together weak after weak, while all the rest is split across the other two factions
and most of all, it means, that you shouldn't be able to tell directly at the beginning of the weak, who would win it at the end of it

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Your "balance" is not createable unless you destroy the only guildcontent in the game..
first : there is already guildcontent [guildarenas etc] announced within the roadmap ...
though, i'm not entirely sure how many guilds within the current stat of the game even have the possibility, to mobilize such numbers when needed ... my worry there is, that either everyone get's put up against you ... and thus looses interest in that content pretty fast ... or that (if they could actually decide, which to play against) the pvp'ers of you will - yet again - get another reason for "queue - pretty please" writing

second : as i see it, avalon was decined as a massive 300 v 300 v 300 battleground ...
the idea behind that [please correct me, if i should be wrong there] was, that every faction gets its "codex" mixed together with a great many of "casuals" ... but that simply isn't the case within the current state of game

and to ask another question ... should avalon (in it's current state) realy be such "guildcontent" ... (enjoyable and rewarding only for a selected few) or should it rather be an open-world battle ground, enjoyable, funny and rewarding for the broad masses of players (we have left) within the game

third : yes, ... yes, such kind of balance would be possible even without destroying the current guildsystem ...

all you'd need to do for that would be a buff/debuff system
either guild based [the more often a guild is in the winning faction of avalon, the higher their members debuff get]
or factions based [the more often a player is within the winning faction of avalon, the higher their debuffs get]

or (probably the best possible solution) via individual debuffs according to a risk vs reward system

you already have the rewards [zender and coins alike] ... but where the risk for the ones standing on top ? ... there is none
so create debuffs according to ones ranking / killpoints ... allowing "normal" players to activly participate in pvp

as for pve ... you could do the same ...

split the hunting points the individual player gets from the obtained faction points
the more often a player already was within the winning faction, the less faction points he earns for his faction

e-voilla ... we'd suddenly have the possibility for factions without a certain guild to also enjoy rewards, treasures, zender and acchievements once in a while

bec as it is now ... 11 out of 11 times ... the same winning
i repeate my self there, that has nothing to do with balance

and the current changes to avalon
[more hunting points during wartime] ... doesn't exactly make that situation better

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
won t change that much even with debuffs. problems are ppl not using astels in pvp and in zerg vs zerg there are no tank pull meteor worth mentioning , nor archer disabling enemy cast , sin that don t synergize with astels during the oneshoot and so on.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
won t change that much even with debuffs. problems are ppl not using astels in pvp and in zerg vs zerg there are no tank pull meteor worth mentioning ...
but also that is a matter of balance in and on itself,
if too many of these (of course not high geared, but rather astel using) players are within the same faction each week, while all the other factions don't get an equivalent ammount of comparably skilled players

than exchange the gear (obviously, it has absolutly no influence, that's why we need it in pvp in the first place ... becouse it doesn't matter ... riiiiigt) with skill ... it doesn't change, that the different factions playerbase is not balanced within the current gameplay

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
You dont get more huntpoints in wartime as in peace time. THANK GOD the Holy Atra Stones are not capturable in peace time cause that would have broken it completely.