Scheduled Maintenance [1/30 | Complete]

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
balance does not mean,
that it's always the same winning few getting stuck together weak after weak, while all the rest is split across the other two factions
and most of all, it means, that you shouldn't be able to tell directly at the beginning of the weak, who would win it at the end of it
But if these "same" people are always the strongest, then of course balancing means that they always win. oO
You might want to think twice about what you're saying.

and to ask another question ... should avalon (in it's current state) realy be such "guildcontent" ... (enjoyable and rewarding only for a selected few) or should it rather be an open-world battle ground, enjoyable, funny and rewarding for the broad masses of players (we have left) within the game
True, the meaning of Avalon and what it offers players in the current state may be questioned. I wouldn't be sure if "state now" is really good either. However, in my opinion this has nothing to do with balancing.

all you'd need to do for that would be a buff/debuff system
either guild based [the more often a guild is in the winning faction of avalon, the higher their members debuff get]
or factions based [the more often a player is within the winning faction of avalon, the higher their debuffs get]
No way. It really makes no sense to punish players for playing well and successfully collecting equipment. Such a levelling out would be the death of all ambitious players.

Reactions: Pandalicious

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
But if these "same" people are always the strongest, then of course balancing means that they always win.
but than the fact, that these "same" people, who are always the strongest, are getting put into the same faction week after week in and on itself already should show you, that the split of the "strongest" between the different factions isn't even nearly evenly ... and thus unbalanced

No way. It really makes no sense to punish players for playing well and successfully collecting equipment.
but you wouldn't "punish" them ... [they get more zender, than the players without gear rng-luck ... they get more coins, than the players who have not so suceccfully droppt the good item inside the dungeon] ...

so it would be a trade off between the higher reward on one ... and the "higher" risk [that others also start to get the possibility, to actually fight back] on the other hand ... and not just a one sided "you have gear, you can kill everyone, you get even more/better gear [tokens worth millions, dungeon tickets (= astel and loot)] snowballing of benefits

Last edited:

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
but than the fact, that these "same" people, who are always the strongest, are getting put into the same faction week after week in and on itself already should show you, that the split of the "strongest" between the different factions isn't even nearly evenly ... and thus unbalanced
This is not a balancing issue. I don't think you really understand what balancing means.
but you wouldn't "punish" them ... [they get more zender, than the players without gear rng-luck ... they get more coins, than the players who have not so suceccfully droppt the good item inside the dungeon] ...

so it would be a trade off between the higher reward on one ... and the "higher" risk [that others also start to get the possibility, to actually fight back] on the other hand ... and not just a one sided "you have gear, you can kill everyone, you get even more/better gear [tokens worth millions, dungeon tickets (= astel and loot)] snowballing of benefits
With the same reasoning, you could demand in the Bundesliga that last year's champion starts the season 15 points behind because he has received (money) advantages from winning the title. Sorry but that makes no sense. You want to have "balancing" and in the same move you ask for buffs / debuffs that disturb the balance.

For understanding: It is not the fault of one faction that the other factions/guilds cannot keep up. Imagine your buffs/debuffs with factions that are already equally strong (e.g. because there are more ambitious PVP players). As a result, your debuffs would bring defeat to the supposedly stronger faction because they have to play with a handicap. THAT would be unfair.

And no: I don't belong to Codex or anything. I have no "advantage" in defending the system as it is.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Imagine your buffs/debuffs with factions that are already equally strong
but exactly that is the core problem of it,
that the factions simply aren't equally strong ...
we can clearly see that, since already over 2 month

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
However, it is not the system's fault that they are not equally strong, but rather that the other factions do not have the corresponding players who go into battle with the same zeal, the same skills and also equivalent equipment.
And I repeat: even in this situation, buffs and debuffs would not improve the situation.

What would happen at worst? The faction with Codex would actually lose because of these buffs, even though they are actually the strongest faction. If that's your understanding of balancing, I won't go into it further. Then it's simply pointless.

hoon

Astellian
Jan 31, 2020
If you had applied these patches before the release of Steam, the majority of Koreans would not have paid for them.

Over time everyone will realize.

I will stay in Avalon because there is nothing to do.

Do you think you will have a good time in Avalon later?

Those in favor of the current Avalon patch will think again about this issue later.

You will probably regret it later.

I hope many users think about this issue again before leaving

Last edited:

hoon

Astellian
Jan 31, 2020
I want to know the meaning of the patch.

I want to know if this is a patch for new users.

If not, why are you doing this?

Patching the server on its own way without communicating with the user is a quick way to shut down

Like a Korean server :mad:

Reactions: ronoch

Athanatos

Astellian
Oct 19, 2019
Patch was only for new-steam users. They made the game 100% solo with guilds only matter for chating! First mmo in history
that turned a pvp area(the only pvp area) to a pve area and made the game pve only! The devs earned a place at the Guinness book!

• Haha

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
a) no, it's not the first game in history who does something like that ... there already where other's before it
b) i do agree, that the game lacks pure pvp content [without link/connection to the pve content] for the pure pvp'ers
but avalon is and was an open area for both playerbases ... pvp and pve alike ... and if you loose one of them, avalon will no longer have the neccacary population for either of them ... so what they need to do is, to think about the question ... how to make it funny and non-frustrating for most players ... not only the pve crowd ... not only the pvp crowd ... not only the ones dissatisfied with the current situation and not only the ones, profiting week after week becouse of the known issues it has ...

you have to keep everyone happy,
or you will loose either on the pve-crowd or the pvp-crowd, if they don't manage to do that

• Angry

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
a) no, it's not the first game in history who does something like that ... there already where other's before it
b) i do agree, that the game lacks pure pvp content [without link/connection to the pve content] for the pure pvp'ers
but avalon is and was an open area for both playerbases ... pvp and pve alike ... and if you loose one of them, avalon will no longer have the neccacary population for either of them ... so what they need to do is, to think about the question ... how to make it funny and non-frustrating for most players ... not only the pve crowd ... not only the pvp crowd ... not only the ones dissatisfied with the current situation and not only the ones, profiting week after week becouse of the known issues it has ...

you have to keep everyone happy,
or you will loose either on the pve-crowd or the pvp-crowd, if they don't manage to do that
That's just the thing...YOU CAN'T KEEP EVERYONE HAPPY! People will ALWAYS find something to complain and cry about. Ask yourself, why do the pve players not complain about arena? Why have the devs not added pve to arena 1v1 / 4v4? After all, you do get zen there every week and it's one of the things you're complaining about AND one of the only other place you can get zender. Why have they not catered to the pve players for the arena?
It's simple really, they should not look to please everyone. Avalon is pvpve area. Keep it that way with no peace nor war but have it be whatever happens in Avalon...stays in Avalon. If you're getting killed in pvp, gather more players to do quests, ask for help, plenty of people that will help and also need the quests too. Or just simply come back later. OR, here's a crazy idea, gitgud so you can defend yourself.
Also, think about this: Why are they not adding pvp to the dungeon pve stuff? Since we need to keep everyone happy. Sounds stupid?Why have they not added open world pvp to "keep everyone happy"
If you add a game mode, don't renege on it later on down the line in an attempt to "make everyone happy" it just hurts everyone in the long run.