Scheduled Maintenance [10/1 | Updated]

Pyriel

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
Hope drop rate is increased a little for all those items.. 20 plus of killing something like red mane to get just 1 heart drop is kinda stupid.

Nihi

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Patch Notes:
  • The level restriction preventing players that were 10+ levels above the monster, from acquiring the loot drops necessary to complete steps of the Star’s Tale have been removed.
Thanks for the time we all lost for many legendary pack who don't rush because of this. That's not fair

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019
Update for Clarity:
Due to some confusion from our initial explanation, over the actual time of the maintenance. We wanted to clarify that it will be taking place at 12:00am PDT [Midnight] Tuesday. (Directly after Monday ends and Tuesday officially begins we will bring the servers down.) We apologize for the confusion.

The Approximate downtime for maintenance will be 3 Hours.

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
Update for Clarity:
Due to some confusion from our initial explanation, over the actual time of the maintenance. We wanted to clarify that it will be taking place at 12:00am PDT [Midnight] Tuesday. (Directly after Monday ends and Tuesday officially begins we will bring the servers down.) We apologize for the confusion.

The Approximate downtime for maintenance will be 3 Hours.
Thanks Aethon for clarification!

3 hours for that small changes? Uhmm I smell that they either do increase their server capacity for more players or have something ready they didnt announce yet ;)

@Astellia Team: Just please please make sure your fix for the Star's Tale drop actually work. It will disturb quite a lot of people if they will farm the mobs/bosses for hours and wont get the drops.

Last edited:

Excalica

Astellian
Sep 7, 2019
Patch Notes:
  • The level restriction preventing players that were 10+ levels above the monster, from acquiring the loot drops necessary to complete steps of the Star’s Tale have been removed.

@CM Aethon @CM Venecia

Why do you only remove the restriction to get Star's Tale Collection Stuff?

We have Crafting Materials we want to farm,
we want to farm stones to Upgrade our Gear,
or farm for a short time with our Astels when we have dinner.

Remove that restriction COMPLETE for all Loot.

Otherwise the EU Server will be empty in a short while and sorry i won't play any longer if you suspend all level 50 Chars from looting mobs under lvl 40.
We won't spend our Dungeontickets to farm lowmats with dungeons on lower levels.

Last edited:

Trerro

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Suggestion for announcing patch times... I've seen a lot of games say that the patch will occur at 11:59 PM or 12:01 AM instead of at midnight. It avoids the "which midnight did you mean?" issue.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
@CM Aethon @CM Venecia

Why do you only remove the restriction to get Star's Tale Collection Stuff?

We have Crafting Materials we want to farm,
we want to farm stones to Upgrade our Gear,
or farm for a short time with our Astels when we have dinner.

Remove that restriction COMPLETE for all Loot.

Otherwise the EU Server will be empty in a short while and sorry i won't play any longer if you suspend all level 50 Chars from looting mobs under lvl 40.
We won't spend our Dungeontickets to farm lowmats with dungeons on lower levels.
they should simply implement a dmg [dealt and received] buff, scaling with the lvl of the monsters you fight against

Shinduke

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
they should simply implement a dmg [dealt and received] buff, scaling with the lvl of the monsters you fight against
Ohhh pls don´t do this crap "Terra" said.

I don´t want to play a stupid second Guild Wars 2.
If i´m level 50 i want to hit that mob like level 50 and don´t want to be downscaled.

To all other! It is your own choise to level as fast as you want.
I also don´t want realms filled with all level 50 people farming all mobs because the didn´t do it as they were in this level.
This lets no chance for people doing their quests properly, because there will be no mob left.
Go to the auction house and buy this stuff you need! That´s what the auction house is for. To share stuff.
People who don´t farm should pay for the stuff.

Reactions: figures

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
To all other! It is your own choise to level as fast as you want.
I also don´t want realms filled with all level 50 people farming all mobs because the didn´t do it as they were in this level.
This lets no chance for people doing their quests properly, because there will be no mob left.
Go to the auction house and buy this stuff you need! That´s what the auction house is for. To share stuff.
People who don´t farm should pay for the stuff.
I seems you havent even tried farming some of these collectibles. I had yesterday an assassin level 10. After hours spend on one single boss to get the drop, my assassin got level 20 (just from the experience you get for killing the boss), so I could not get the drop anymore. Am I supposed to create 3rd, 4th and so on characters just for a chance of getting a drop at level 10 boss? What if it happens at level 30 bosses? Level 5 chars to 30 just to get Stars Tale on your main character done?

I also tried farming some other mobs and did 4 levels there, simply outleveling the whole area before I even got 40 of the needed drops. At the moment, with current drop rates you simply cant get all of the needed items in one go, no matter how slow you play. And most likely on your first character you dont even know what drops where and would have to follow almost entire game some guides, which obvsiously would kill the fun of exploration.

~ForestWolf

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Not ever feeling powerful against low lvl is the worst that you can do in a game. There were a few of those i played and it was never fun.
than how about making an optional quest,
like a dream "how it happened at that one time"

and allow players to drop the items during the quest
and not drop the items, when it's not active ?

Shinduke

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
I seems you havent even tried farming some of these collectibles. I had yesterday an assassin level 10. After hours spend on one single boss to get the drop, my assassin got level 20 (just from the experience you get for killing the boss), so I could not get the drop anymore. Am I supposed to create 3rd, 4th and so on characters just for a chance of getting a drop at level 10 boss? What if it happens at level 30 bosses? Level 5 chars to 30 just to get Stars Tale on your main character done?

I also tried farming some other mobs and did 4 levels there, simply outleveling the whole area before I even got 40 of the needed drops. At the moment, with current drop rates you simply cant get all of the needed items in one go, no matter how slow you play. And most likely on your first character you dont even know what drops where and would have to follow almost entire game some guides, which obvsiously would kill the fun of exploration.

~ForestWolf
That is an other problem. I haven´t said that everything is all right :)
I tryied also to collect some stuff in the first area but after 5 levels and just 4 drops i gone further. You are right that there is a problem with this.
But be honest. Did you use the auction house until lvl 50? My char is now 25 and i haven´t used it even once. I don´t need it.
FIll the aucion house with life in the lower levels would be nice. There would be a reason, why low level chars have to farm.

I don´t know what way would be the best but downscaling people ist the worst of them, This would be a reason for me quit the game like it was in Guild Wars 2

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I dont know if I am the only one, but Patch stuck at 52% for over 30min now. My connection is fine and there is more than enough space on my PC..

Isabeau

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Update Maintenance Has Concluded:
Servers are up!
Hi! Would you mind confirming something for me, please?
The removal of the level cap for the Star's Tale items - will the mobs just drop no other loot until the required Star's Tale items drops? Because I'm getting nothing at all from any of the related mobs. Thank you!