Scholar hot bar is super full

Naunet

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
I expect this will be the case for other classes as well once I level them up, but... I'm having a hell of a time finding space for all my buttons. I only have a few slots left, and I still have 11 abilities to unlock, plus whatever I get from unlocking advanced class. I've tried to combine some with the weird drop-down menu, but it feels very wrong to do that. For example, I have all these CC abilities - a slow, knockdown, bind - but which one I use is going to depend on the situation. The heals all need to be on their own bar, because which one I choose to use is going to depend on the kind of damage going out and how efficient I need to be with my mana. The damage abilities I have don't seem to lend themselves well to this kind of chaining, either. I've attempted to put Holy Spear, Glory, and Punishment on one hot bar slot, but I dunno if that's going to work out very well in the long run, given how the cooldowns could get out of whack. There are also all the buffs, like Spirit of the Scholar, Alacrity, Sanctum - things that are very situational as well.

How are we supposed to do this?? I feel like we don't have anywhere near enough hotbar space, especially as things like potions, mounts, Rest, and Return all need to be on the action bar as well. I provided this feedback during the closed betas, but nothing has been done to address it.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
I can feel ya. ^^
I really hope that we´ll get Patch X a time, where you can finally change the whole UI and get atleast 2 more hotbars. But for now, you might try this :

- You don´t need "resting" in the hotbars. Just use Shift + R.
- Put atleast 1 big heal behind the mana - reduce.
- Put "Ruin, corrupt, whatever it´s called" before Holy Spear -> Glory -> Punishment
- Your class - buff could be placed behind the mount and be used via mouse when needed. (Open subbar and rightclick without chaincombo.)
- Use 2 different barpacks for dungeons / leveling + PvP. You don´t need your CC in dungeons, only your Dots and the Punishment - Combo. While leveling / PvP you probably don´t need any groupheal /rezz, maybe in avalon the instant casts.

I hope this might help.

Naunet

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Ooh is there a patch in Korean version that has more hotbars/UI customization or something?

By "Ruin, corrupt, etc", do you mean Nemesis - the -magic defense debuff? That makes sense.

As for the CC, I've found it pretty useful while leveling, especially as my husband and I have been 2-manning the party dungeons as we level. But maybe I can prune for now...

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll give them a shot. xD I don't think it will solve all problems, but it will at least stave off the panic for a few more levels.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Ooh is there a patch in Korean version that has more hotbars/UI customization or something?

By "Ruin, corrupt, etc", do you mean Nemesis - the -magic defense debuff? That makes sense.

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll give them a shot. xD I don't think it will solve all problems, but it will at least stave off the panic for a few more levels.
Korean version is doomed and will be taken offline at the 16th of january.

Yeah i mean the debuff. I use the german client, sry.

Yes healer is pretty bad made in this way. The other classes have more chain - combos. But it´s possible to get it all together, since you don´t need everything everywhere.