- Jan 23, 2019
We’re excited to announce the introduction of several changes to the PvP Duel Arena based on your insights. As of the beginning of headstart, we’ll be opening the arena with a new ladder system, which introduces a seasonal based scoring system for individual characters. This will not only allow for the usual bragging rights, but performance will be directly rewarded on a weekly basis, and at the end of each ladder season.
In addition to these changes, we’ve also adjusted the following:
- Players will enter the arena with no Astels and the AP necessary to summon them will begin at zero and must be generated during the course of the battle.
- The criteria for the matchmaking has been adjusted to increase the rate at which matches are found.
- All characters will start a season with a score of 1,000 points and can be increased or decreased depending on the result of the duel.
- Characters who do not actively participated in an arena match during the week will lose points on a per week basis.
- Seasons will last 3 months, and will officially begin on October 1st and run through to the end of 2019.
- A pre-season to introduce these systems will begin on 9/20/19 and run through 9/30/19.
- There will be no season rewards during this pre-season to ensure everyone has a chance to participate fairly.
- The duel arena will be open for 23 hours a day, from 08:00 UTC to 07:00 UTC (A 1 hour reset window will occur once a day).