Server Merge (NA/EU)

Should the NA server be merged with the EU server?

• Total voters

Skyver

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
Anyone who is still actively playing this game should have noticed by now that there is a lack of players everywhere.
Be it in the PVE when looking for a group or in the PVP.
I am therefore in favor of an immediate server consolidation between the EU and the NA server.

Please vote in this thread numerous. Thank you!

Reactions: lomos

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Think about it. How would you handle Avalon Start, Weekly/Dailys rests etc? People on NA already cry because of it. Because "tHe KoReAnS hAvE a UnFaIr AdVaNtAgE iN aVaLoN" because when it starts its late at night / early morning for NA, but afternoon for Korea.

Let's say they would take UTC midnight. It would fck EU players. ONLY EU players. Because in NA thats perfect playtime. In Korea its morning.

Also, the ping. Pls no.

We need it because of the player numbers but is is not possible to do that without putting at least one region in the biggest disadvantage you can imagine in a game. And thus lose a lot of players.

Reactions: Caz and Aang

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
I played an alt healer on NA and the PING there was the same as on EU. Some ppl only play after 4 a.m. on EU, the perfect playtime for Korean/american ppl. So what about unfair?

BigFish

Astellian
Sep 17, 2020
you mean like on eu avalon resets 0:00 and daylies at 2am right now? players > reset times

Skyver

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
We all played on NA in CBT. The ping was better than sometimes on EU. Even GMs told us, that the NA performance is better than on EU.

I don't care about server reset. There are always people who have luck with start time and not. If u have home office u can stay until 4 am in the morning. If not - **** happens...

It would be great if there are be people around doesn't matter of day or nighttime.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
And here I am out, discussing with you guys is so senseless I could also just go ahead and talk to my wall. It might get it faster.

Reactions: Caz

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
Why are u so upset about that Panda? u dont participate in avalon anyway. And why is that senseless? These are facts and u dont seem to get this. I mean, the moment avalon starts is a useless moment. U cant take any stones or farm towers. Just PvP and that is what doesnt concern u anyway. No matter the day/nighttime. And think about that: When there are some ppl here, play at night, then there will be many others too.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I dont play at night because like every normal person with a normal life I have to sleep at night to get to business/work during the day. Also, my ping on EU is 30, on NA its 200. Yeah totally the same ?
And yeah, I dont do Avalon. I have not enough to time to keep up with the insane amount of no life of certain people. Also taking stons for x hours would just bore me to death. I do PvP when I feel like it. Last weekend I felt a bit like it so I joined. Before January I was way more active in it but why would I these days. I dont rly need Zender, I have a **** load of dungeon tickets in my storage. I have too many spare Victory Tokens to accumulate even more. And as long as the CC Immunity exists it aint fun either. No reason to waste my time like that.

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
Yes they should merge 100%
NA server is way more active: ping isnt really an issue i played both and NA ping is decent (120ms or more for me)

But the best scenario would be to relocate the server for both NA and EU to a new location like London or New York so all get a decent ping from BOTH sides (like 90ms !) and enjoy more fun and pvp !

Reactions: Freggel and Skyver

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
And here I am out, discussing with you guys is so senseless I could also just go ahead and talk to my wall. It might get it faster.
Then offer solutions?

The other solutions would be to attract more players to the game and this will only work with the game being F2P (with restrictions or limited in time)
But even with this solution it would be still new players who would need months to gear and so on and get fair pvp , So in my opinion its better get old and active NA/KR players who are already geared to get decent pvp.
Way2Bit and barunson tried in the past many things but it never really worked, they put game for sales in steam, website, they did free week end etc, but all these didnt bring enough players and we are now at low population rate in EU again..

Reactions: rubyhaunt

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
Yes they should merge 100%
NA server is way more active: ping isnt really an issue i played both and NA ping is decent (120ms or more for me)

But the best scenario would be to relocate the server for both NA and EU to a new location like London or New York so all get a decent ping from BOTH sides (like 90ms !) and enjoy more fun and pvp !
Nice for you that you have a good Connection i dont have that i cant Play on NA so do i now need to leave the game because of that merge ?

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
Nice for you that you have a good Connection i dont have that i cant Play on NA so do i now need to leave the game because of that merge ?
Then make game F2P to attract more players, im open for any solutions as long game gets players as currently EU is dead everyone can see it. If it stays that way it will just die and we know it. If you want longer fun on this game there arent 36 000 solutions, merge or F2P that's it.
We saw in past sales for games on steam or website didnt attract much more..or free week end were quite useless as too limited in time.

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
Then make game F2P to attract more players, im open for any solutions as long game gets players as currently EU is dead everyone can see it. If it stays that way it will just die and we know it. If you want longer fun on this game there arent 36 000 solutions, merge or F2P that's it.
We saw in past sales for games on steam or website didnt attract much more..or free week end were quite useless as too limited in time.
Idn but with a merge i cant play anymore. Why dont they make more advertising ? i never see anything

Reactions: rubyhaunt

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
as long as there's no big issue with pings, I think merging is a must. All the other issues are minor.

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
Idn but with a merge i cant play anymore. Why dont they make more advertising ? i never see anything
they tried advertising , i saw some google ads for Astellia and they even created an adverstising website for Astellia Steam look

http://astellia-global.com/en/#MAIN redirects to steam to buy for example

But its not enough, i think the only way sadly now is going F2P to get a lot more players (with restrictions like no trade, no chat etc or big free 30 days something like this) if they dont merge EU/NA servers of course.

akqpars

Astellian
Aug 13, 2020
Why should eu server migrate to na anyway, na active players are mostly korean, eu ping would be better for koreans as well. They should migrate na to eu if it ever happens.

Lipino

Astellian
Jul 24, 2019
What I got used to in other games was integrated server raids/arena/dungeon matching. The regions still might function in some way but cross server matching for instance might come in handy.

Reactions: Pirylio

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Why should eu server migrate to na anyway, na active players are mostly korean, eu ping would be better for koreans as well. They should migrate na to eu if it ever happens.
That is not true. NA ping is much better for koreans. They should migrate eu to na.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
That is not true. NA ping is much better for koreans. They should migrate eu to na.
they shouldn't ... players already have enough issues with performance (especially in more populated areas) as is ...
if na or koreans want to come to eu ... they're welcome here ...
but don't push eu players onto an american server