Server Merge (NA/EU)

Should the NA server be merged with the EU server?

• Total voters

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
What I got used to in other games was integrated server raids/arena/dungeon matching. The regions still might function in some way but cross server matching for instance might come in handy.
if the player could freely choose,
if he wants to get matched into another server / region or not ... it could actually be a good thing

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
Pros and Cons

Pros:
Higher Activity - DG's, Avalon

(can't think of more pros)

Cons:
Much more Lag - Ping, FPS
Inflation on prices.
When people see a server merge people automatically think game is dead. That's how PR works.
(before anyone who says game is dead it isn't not everyone comes on forums and it doesn't reflect the population.)
AFK'n will be nearly impossible if they don't add more channels.

If they truly wanted more players they would add more content. Not tell us new content is coming and than retract it 2 weeks later. Not focus on releasing another type of astellia and focus on the one they own currently and polish it before releasing another one.

Overall, I disagree with merging. To many issues occur and every game that merges ALWAYS ends up dying and closing within 2 month grace period.

Reactions: Caz

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
There were already two servers merge, one for eu combining 2 eu servers... so i dont see your point.

Content is important but as you said dev is now working on royal with a priority there ( they have the new region already in files there..you know the one delayed for here....) so i think from now na and eu versions are no longer a priority for way2bit and studio8, and future is uncertain for here

There arent a lot of solutions to get more players and activity for the last time and fun remaining here (because i think the days are counted from now) .and they are all written here... to publishers and dev to decide which ones are the best based on their internal stats...if they still care about this version ofc....

Last edited:

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
There were already two servers merge, one for eu combining 2 eu servers... so i dont see your point.

Content is important but as you said dev is now working on royal with a priority there ( they have the new region already in files there..you know the one delayed for here....) so i think from now na and eu versions are no longer a priority for way2bit and studio8, and future is uncertain for here

There arent a lot of solutions to get more players and activity for the last time and fun remaining here (because i think the days are counted from now) .and they are all written here... to publishers and dev to decide which ones are the best based on their internal stats...if they still care about this version ofc....
Combining a server within the same region is not an issue. Now combining 2 different regions is going to create chaos. Characters name being taken, guild names, I have 2 on EU and full on NA for characters. More lag. There is countless of issues that occur. Issues are transparent. Lag spikes, FPS drops. If there wasn't many risk factors I say I am all for it but way to many risk.

Reeney

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I don't want EU and NA servers merged.
Main reason: latency.

To be honest I don't think the rather low population is a reason to merge the servers. Why do we need a high population? Join an active guild (with players from the same timezone) to team up for dungeons, PvE Avalon. Only reason might be PvP Avalon, but this is a tiny feature of the game and not everyone is interested in PvP - it's no reason to increase the latency for ~50% of the players.

Skyver

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
If the fear of lag is the only problem here, then absolutely everything speaks in favor of a server consolidation!

Laggs can be prevented if u use special programs for it, for example "WTFast". I used that program to play Cabel2 on NA-Server. The performance was great. We also live in times of decentralized platforms. There is no question of turning off one of the two servers or putting both on one platform. This is an IT-problem that could be solved.

Why do we need a high population? Join an active guild (with players from the same timezone) to team up for dungeons, PvE Avalon. Only reason might be PvP Avalon, but this is a tiny feature of the game and not everyone is interested in PvP - it's no reason to increase the latency for ~50% of the players.
I can only shake my head at the last comment.

But like Pirylio said: "They're working on Royal". I also think we'll just get under the wheels.

In any case, it is very sad to see that there are only 3 guilds left that join Avalon for PVP. But this guilds can't even fill one raid by their own.
And two guilds that only show up because of the quests and Zender. That's all about Avalon population. In short: sad and boring. R.I.P.

Edit:
Additional Charakter slots will solve the problem between the two servers full off unusable alts. ;)
Where are the good old days when you still had to outdamage people for your afk farmspot? <3

Last edited:

YikesForMe

Astellian
Aug 20, 2020
I also disagree. Just cause there is a program to help with lag doesn't mean it helps with every game especially astellia. If I knew there was lag and latency issues to begin with and I had to run a program to solve the issue I wouldn't play it. I want to play the game as hassle free as possible. Imagine marketing a game and saying you need to download XYZ cause there is lag. People are not going want to play the game.

Yes the only issue is lag but with the history of astellia not fixing things, ignoring issues, and slow response. I prefer to play the game as it is
if the player could freely choose,
if he wants to get matched into another server / region or not ... it could actually be a good thing

This is a great idea better than combining servers.

If the fear of lag is the only problem here, then absolutely everything speaks in favor of a server consolidation!

Laggs can be prevented if u use special programs for it, for example "WTFast". I used that program to play Cabel2 on NA-Server. The performance was great. We also live in times of decentralized platforms. There is no question of turning off one of the two servers or putting both on one platform. This is an IT-problem that could be solved.

I can only shake my head at the last comment.

But like Pirylio said: "They're working on Royal". I also think we'll just get under the wheels.

In any case, it is very sad to see that there are only 3 guilds left that join Avalon for PVP. But this guilds can't even fill one raid by their own.
And two guilds that only show up because of the quests and Zender. That's all about Avalon population. In short: sad and boring. R.I.P.

Edit:
Additional Charakter slots will solve the problem between the two servers full off unusable alts. ;)
Where are the good old days when you still had to outdamage people for your afk farmspot? <3
I also disagree. Just cause there is a program to help with lag doesn't mean it helps with every game especially astellia. If I knew there was lag and latency issues to begin with and I had to run a program to solve the issue I wouldn't play it. I want to play the game as hassle free as possible. Imagine marketing a game and saying you need to download a program cause there is lag. People are not going want to play the game.

Yes the only issue is lag but with the history of astellia not fixing things, ignoring issues, and slow response. I prefer to play the game as it is.

Reactions: Lipino