So Mages, will you be a wizard, sorcerer, or witch?

Colmant

Astellian
Jun 22, 2019
What is your take on these three advanced classes? Usually players have already worked out which ones are better for end game play, but I haven't been able to turn up any info.

The highest spell rewards seem defensive, except for the Wizard, so that's not helping me decide.

Hyouriku

Astellian
Jun 23, 2019
I guess I will go for Sorcerer or Wizard.
First I would like to try them out when its possible. Wizard seems to have an interesting damage output, Sorcerer seems to have nice/annoying crowd control and movement.
Well and Witch has, as Blümchen said, a debuff, a good DoT and an enhancing defensive skill.

Reactions: Colmant

Colmant

Astellian
Jun 22, 2019
So you're looking at the additional skills as the deciding factor. Will there be additional ones than what is shown on the chart?

How many "star levels" are there? I was wondering if we know the impact of this:

Wizard: Choosing Wizard increases magic attack and magic crit attack each time you gain a star level.
Sorcerer: Choosing Sorcerer increases magic attack and spell power each time you gain a star level.
Witch: Choosing Witch increases magic crit attack and spell power each time you gain a star level.

http://astellia-db.com/mage.html

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Are mages only DPS? or can they go for different roles?
No, the roles are clearly defined, and do not change.
How they accomplish their role or what utilities they can use can change but the core class is always there regardless of sub class chosen.

A mage is always going to be dps.
A scholar will always be a healer, no other character class replaces this role.
A Warrior will always be a tank, no other character class replaces this role.
Sub classes add to the core class, but the core class remains unchanged.

However, people tend to view this game as if its a 2d MMO instead of the 3d it is.
What i mean by that, is Astel can cover any missing component. They aren't like other pets in other mmo's, as they too have class and specific roles they fill. Their use ensures a type of dynamic game play, especially when done with other players that keeps things moving and not so linear as a "my class only does this" and there isn't anything else i can do. You might play a mage, and that mage can only do dps, but it doesnt mean tank/healing is off the table, cause you have Astels to do it for you. At the highest levels of upgrade, they rival players.

You're your own group, but so is everyone else, so keep that in mind.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
A mage is always going to be dps.
A scholar will always be a healer, no other character class replaces this role.
A Warrior will always be a tank, no other character class replaces this role.
Not true. Each class is better at something the other classes arent but that doesn't mean they cant fill in other roles when needed.

Reactions: Blümchen

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
So you're looking at the additional skills as the deciding factor. Will there be additional ones than what is shown on the chart?

How many "star levels" are there? I was wondering if we know the impact of this:

Wizard: Choosing Wizard increases magic attack and magic crit attack each time you gain a star level.
Sorcerer: Choosing Sorcerer increases magic attack and spell power each time you gain a star level.
Witch: Choosing Witch increases magic crit attack and spell power each time you gain a star level.

http://astellia-db.com/mage.html
it clearly says 5

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Not true. Each class is better at something the other classes arent but that doesn't mean they cant fill in other roles when needed.
Actually it is true.
Really man are you really just trying to be disagreeable at this point?
If you think I'm wrong, by all means show me a vid, of at level difficulty, of a mage face tanking something difficult like a boss in a group.
How bout healing role? I'd love to see how a mage accomplishes that in a group.

Just to be clear, there are three roles: Tanking, Healing, DPS. No more, no less.
Just cause my scholar can buff doesnt make me a buffer as that isn't a roll, it's part of a skill set. No class is going to claim they perform the Crowd Control role. It's not a role, it's a skill set designed to aid in their role.

The class roles are clearly defined, but since everyone has Astels players are not stuck without having options.
A mage isn't going to be tanking, their Knight Astels will, their not healing anyone, their Scholar Astels will, its a fundamental part of the game.
Each character has a set role, and trying to play it as something it's not is probably gonna have some people in your group quite mad at ya.
I mean, who's gonna keep a mage that broadcasts "Healer looking for group"? Probably gonna be kicked from the group pretty fast.
Sub classes give bonuses to different aspects of the class, but the role never changes because of it, only some functionality or part of the skill set.

Last edited:

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
Actually it is true.
Really man are you really just trying to be disagreeable at this point?
If you think I'm wrong, by all means show me a vid, of at level difficulty, of a mage face tanking something difficult like a boss in a group.
How bout healing role? I'd love to see how a mage accomplishes that in a group.

Just to be clear, there are three roles: Tanking, Healing, DPS. No more, no less.

Just cause my scholar can buff doesnt make me a buffer as that isn't a roll, it's part of a skill set. No class is going to claim they perform the Crowd Control role. It's not a role, it's a skill set designed to aid in their role.
let me respond to the mid sentence first there are more roles you arent even considering a supportive build for mobs or for bosses just for one.
First paragraph No one should ever be just face tanking.
Third paragraph Classes can spefically build for crowd control. You are arguing semantics here there are many different ways to build and you can call it what you want it doesnt change facts you are what you build for. Someone that is built to support. Someone that is good with mobs. Someone that is good at dpsing single targets. Someone built to take hits. Yes even mages can hold aggro. You just have to know how to handle it well.

Last edited:

MaryHell

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
It's a Korean MMO, not WOW. If this was WoW during MoP and I was on my Warlock, yah sure I would totally tank Hellscream if we have great healers. However in Asian MMOs they don't hybrid out the Classes like they did in WoW back in the day. Now we do have pets that can aid us in our needs in this game, however pet tanking like all other MMOs is no good.

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Now we do have pets that can aid us in our needs in this game, however pet tanking like all other MMOs is no good.
Actually at the higher star levels, you'd be surprised. :)
You should be informed this game does not treat pets like most games do. Astel's can and DO rival players in terms of power. However, like players they must be upgraded to obtain it.

MaryHell

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
You should be informed this game does not treat pets like most games do.
Star Wars The Old Republic was fairly similar, in that pets counted like Players ie Classes and gear upgrades. So Astells are not really that different.

Meliodas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
At which lvl can i choose a different path ? I didn't choose anything, just mage so i suppose there's a lvl that i have to reach until i can choose a path, right?

ZeltigDemon

Astellian
Sep 18, 2019
At which lvl can i choose a different path ? I didn't choose anything, just mage so i suppose there's a lvl that i have to reach until i can choose a path, right?
It comes after level 50, but isn't in the EU/NA game Version at the moment. IDK when it comes.

Raijin

Astellian
Sep 19, 2019
when they release the male mage are we still going to be witches or will you change us to warlocks??

Camric

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
Do all our costumes change into male costumes IF we change our gender?
I'm going to assume they will have a male version of each costume similar to how assassin and warrior does it already.
The name of the gear remains the same but has a different look depending on the gender of your character.

Either that or your male mage (which i am eagerly waiting for gender swap) will look totally cute in his tutu and flower hair adornment! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dashup