So now that the game is officially P2W

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
yada yada yada blah blah blah so on so on - shorten it so it doesn't take up my whole windows
I don't AFK cause i dont have scrolls or a ring. Its not needed, if you want to go ahead but not needed. When i do dungeons I just press F and also in avalon. Not needed. I been playing 2 months on my mage/cleric almost without a ring or scrolls and I am doing fine. I dont have great astels but I have fun? Isn't that the point of the game? To have fun. I petty you cause I thought you was a bright player - yet you prove me wrong by just WHINING every second you get in a day. You must be fun at parties. REAL fun. If you hate the game that much quit. Legit I always say Panda is rude when she says it but man now I am thinking she is right. YIKES.

- in 2 weeks I get my Exportation ring cause of new zender.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
What all of you guys are totally missing is that the new subscription changes are a PRECURSOR to P2W.

This is the natural progression of games going from B2P to F2P to P2W.

They are testing the waters. If there's enough interest they WILL make the game full on P2W.

Re-visit this thread in 6 months time and we will see.

Reactions: Pirylio

killua

Astellian
Jul 1, 2020
can ask for refund since they promised not p2w if it goes into p2w eventually.
on the side note, their Russian and Taiwan servers are p2w and its completely different in the actual p2w regard. Good thing is that i think the money from that will keep this game going for at least another while.

Reactions: Pirylio

Waroz

Astellian
Jul 17, 2020
Lol all people crazy hahahaha, no is p2w. Just buying the game does not give the company benefits, I think the company did well to put these items in the cash store, thus ensuring income and thus preventing the closure of the game. I hope they continue in this line and the option to give away and sell store items in cash. It is as easy as paying the subscription if it is so important to you.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Everyone who calls this P2W can basically leave this thread as he is talking about something he clearly has no idea of what he is talking about. Would be like me talking about physics.lol.

• Angry
Reactions: Kobe and Waroz

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
yes like other said, its the start/precurssor of P2W (in light version for now)

RU/TW/old KR had all this at start then turnt into full P2W mode (astel cards directly in cash shop, enhancement scroll in cash shop, asper etc)

People here dont understand there are differents level of P2W:

light, medium then heavy P2W

But when you start light P2W you usually continue to medium etc

Selling astels cards even if just one time isnt good at all, growth BOX as well gives many astels when opened (3 or 4 3 star astels etc)
The zender bonus is also not good in the package

Packages should get only good looking skins or mounts and convenience items thats it

Reactions: Kobe

killua

Astellian
Jul 1, 2020
well, TW server $15 for 10 of those zender astel cards, thats what I call p2w, to win.
end game here is avalon, having 1 ap regen, auto loot is not winning. once off 100 zender daily is not winning.

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
well, TW server $15 for 10 of those zender astel cards, thats what I call p2w, to win.
end game here is avalon, having 1 ap regen, auto loot is not winning. once off 100 zender daily is not winning.
and it will come to our version if dev sees we see nothing wrong with this start of light P2W, you people dont understand how it will turn i think

Selling a buff giving stars caller to get astels (that you can buy only with cash, no more zenders..), selling in packages astels even if one time (growth box, 5 star astel) is a start , you will see in the next Cash shop update how it will turn, RU/TW etc all went full P2W after like it could happen here as well ;)

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
i can drive a car without seat, radio and airbag to ... it just may not be verry healthy ;)
.oO( and the car wasn't sold/advertised as that )
You dramatize too much, its more as if you have a cheap car or a ferrari - sure ferrari could drive faster, but not everywere and if you drive a cheap car 5h a day and someone else his ferrari 2h, you would probably reach your goal faster.
or in other words : you can start to use more effects within you're deck
Sure, I never said something else - you can get things faster with subsciptioins, but you can get same without, and once you have it, there is no difference anymore.
i (and many others) paid over 100$ not even a year ago for this game,
Noone has forced you to pay 100€, I only paid 30€. You has used all the benefites for 100€ since one year and you still can use all of them, or do they delete your exploration ring? Nobody also force you to buy all 3 subscriptions, you have exploration ring - you probably dont need autoloot etc. The most useful is the one subscription for 15€ and like I said - 10€ would be better but 15 is also OK. Not nice, not cheap, but OK.
they do affect, how fast you can gear up ...
You repeat the same I have also written with 5x less words, and this is absolutely the same as your example with astells :sleep: Nobody says you dont get things faster. Thats the whole reason for the subscriptions and noone denied it. You dont have to repeat it again and again and again. What I have written before - same gear, same strong = no macro effect.
and the second fighter a spiked boxing glove with protectors
This metaphor is wrong, this would be a macro effect. Same gear = same strong, subscriptions are not effecting it. A correct example would be - the one boxer could train with cheap equipment and trainer, the other one trained same time with expensive and experienced trainer.

You also do not demand that the devs restrict access to the game to a certain time per day per player, so everyone could only play equal time almount to make it fair. For someone with 8h a day job it should be not a problem to pay 15€a month, but he will not be able to play 10h a day. Game is always not fair, live is always not fair, there is no absolute fairness, never. Is it really a joy to cry about such fundamental thing? :rolleyes:

About this situation you could also say - sure this change will force more people to pay some money for the game, but you could not expect that some cosmetic items some users sometimes buy would be enought to operate the game devs and publisher. This is same as if you open a restaurant and everyone can eat free forever after paying one time pass and only pay tip. They should have done it like that from the start, then the devs would probably have a larger budget and we would have more content today and less people had leaved the game...

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Same gear = same strong, subscriptions are not effecting it
the whole point about it is, that someone without subscription will not be on the same gear-lvl as someone with long term
at the verry moment, the player without sub reaches gear lvl 1 ... the one with sub already has gear lvl 2
at the verry moment, the player without sub reaches gear lvl 2 ... the one with sub already is at maybe 3 or 4

ontop of that it snowballs [the stronger one with higher gear and astel will be able to get more bonus-zender out of avalon/arena ... that in turns lead to more zender for even more astels ... it snowballs more and more, the longer one can use the sub]

You also do not demand that the devs restrict access to the game to a certain time per day per player, so everyone could only play equal time almount to make it fair.
maybe i wouldn't even say anything about it, if it would be implemented as some kind of "catch up" mechanics ...
as some kind of mechanics, only accacable, to the ones, with lower astel-stars, to help them getting up to the lvl we are now

maybe, i wouldn't even say anything about it, if it would only work for less active players ...
or if the effect's would deminish [the more someone plays, the more the bonus astel, additional storage slots and astel-card regeneration decreases] ... maybe i wouldn't say anything about it, if it realy would be such a catch up mechanics, designed in a "time vs money" kind of way

even if they'd implement the possibility, to directly trade you'r tickets for astel-cards [or the normal dungeon rewards] for players, who simply don't have the time, to run all their tickets ... yes ... i wouldn't be so strongly against it ...

but the problem is, that these boosts aren't designed as a catch up mechanics
the problem is, that these boosts aren't designed as a " 10$ vs 2 hours a day " type of mechanics

but rather as a " get ahead of everyone, who doesn't buy it" type of thing ...
the core problem is, that the one playing 24 hours a day can still pay his 50$ a month ...

thus, the one "just playing" will not be able to "catch up" or "keep up" with that player ...
coupled with the snowballing effekts ... that's the verry core definition of p2w ...
you have to pay, to be on the same lvl as the one paying ... else you're chances on winning are getting lower

yes, IF it would be designed as a time vs money mechanics, as you mentioned it ... i would have less problem with it ...
but the dungeon tickets and auto-loot function (thus the possibility, to put on a second karza treasure) is pretty much the exact opposit of such a mechanics

This is same as if you open a restaurant and everyone can eat free forever after paying one time pass and only pay tip.
well ... a restaurant, where you just go to consume something maybe not the best example ...
so ... let's change the example a little bit and turn it into a disco ... we are going into it, to have fun ... to hang out with friends ... and to just have a good time ... same as in the game ... right ?

now we have that disco ... we have the guests paying the bill for the life-time accec to the disco ...
and the disco was advertised as " first comes, first served ... we will not start to sell dancefloor place " ... and than suddenly the disco starts to say "hey, want to enter the dancefloor ... pay 50€ everytime you come here"

than i'd see that as a rather shitty move ...

ontop of that, if i already struggle with guest numbers ...
than i can't just go out there and say ... "ok, a beer now is 50$ ..." ... becouse that will lead to the guests saying "are they fu*ing crazy ... 50$ for a beer is insane ... let's look for something else" ...

sure, there might be some rich kid's willing to pay that 50$ for the beer ... but at some point the disco will get more and more empty ... until the last two or three rich kids are standing there lonely ... if that's the way, they want to go ... sure, why not

that pricing is something i can charge ... if i have a special location, with view across the whole town ...
or if i have a 5* restaurant / hotel with premium-cook ... but not for a down-town disco

if they'd say ... "ok ... 5$ for a beer" ... the people would still be pissed [becouse they were promised free drinks with their entry] ... but they might be a lot less pissed, than with the 50$ version ... and might be even willing to stick with it ...

one subscription ... everything included ... for 10$ a month ... ok, would be entirely fine for me ...

but to go out there ... advertising "free drinks" [non p2w] ... and than go out and sell the beer for more than the whole entrance costet ... for even more, than the 5* hotel/restaurant, right next to your restaurant charges for their high-quality beer ...

that's just a crappy move and will not lead to long term succec

• Angry
Reactions: yux1000