Soloing New Solo Dungeons

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Has anyone else soloed any of the new Solo Legendary dungeons? I haven't attempted Mansion or Prison solo yet. We've done Mansion as a party, and the last boss is quite tough. (You really gotta hammer the boss.) Otherwise, not bad as a party.

I did manage to solo Macarzin Basin, though. (Granted there was only 10 minutes left; I got a B rank; basically all of my Astels were dead; I came close to dying once on the last boss.) So it 'is' do-able, at least as a tank (and I imagine healer, since I knew healers to solo the first three before I was able to).

What I'm getting at here, basically. Are they all actually do-able if running solo? And for which classes?

Lailune

Astellian
Jun 10, 2020
we ran archduke on 4 little twinkies, with low damage managed it in like 10 mins but still got A ranking xD but soloing the new ones could be a little difficultier to newer players maybe (think easy mode and hard mode or legendary mode [T2] would be might bether as discription) xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Frostbyte

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
I did all of them, wasnt too hard, but still u need a bit dmg to do so, seems they didnt adjust the def/dmg values of the mobs for soloin with lower gear, cause i think with lower t1 it can be quite tough

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I did all of them, wasnt too hard, but still u need a bit dmg to do so, seems they didnt adjust the def/dmg values of the mobs for soloin with lower gear, cause i think with lower t1 it can be quite tough
Full T2 gear? And what class are you?

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
I tried Duke on archer and mage I was fine till the first boss spawns the spiders. Once those spiders came they ate me alive.

Reactions: Ferara

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I tried Duke on archer and mage I was fine till the first boss spawns the spiders. Once those spiders came they ate me alive.
Mansion, both bosses, seem to be about getting'em down as quick as posssible. Just speculation, but when we were in a party in there, the spider boss went down so quick that I don't even remember baby spiders.

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
I don't do solos with parties cause it splits all the loot to the all the party members. Party gives everyone the same amount.
Plus it takes my group 13/15 mins to do the party - duke.

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
What I'm getting at here, basically. Are they all actually do-able if running solo? And for which classes?
Tried with mage and tank all 3 new solo dungeons, my conclusion (of course only for solo runs):
  • bosses are absolutely ok - they have much less crit-evasion and def than in group dungeons and do a way less dmg
  • adds are absolutely ok also - they have less def and do less dmg
but:
  • the total number of adds is the same as in group duongeons
  • you have to kill same number of adds as in group dungeons to get 1000 kill score
  • you have 30%-50% less time
So at the current state:
  • the new three solo dungeons are absolutely possible to do solo
  • it is much harder to get S-rank as in group dungeons or the first three solo dungeons
To make the new three solo dungeons equivalent to the first three solo dungeons - the devs should decrease the total number of the adds, like they did in first three dungeons: the adds in first three solo dungeons are weaker than in the group variant but there are also much less adds there. The other option is to increase the time to normal(group time) so you can kill the same count solo to get the kill score without losing the time score (for getting S-rank).

Rizzl

Astellian
Jun 3, 2020
The mini spiders in Caleonid are really difficult for any DD right now. They eat your Astel alive in seconds. But it's doable when your gear is maxed or close to maxed at least

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
I haven't really had a proper attempt yet but I gotta admit it seems really hard so far. It feels like a whole tier harder than the original three Solo legs (Den, CRV, Hash) which can be farmed in minutes.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Yeah that's the part where I got stuck. Will try it again with some buffs maybe.

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
The spider in caleonid solo is awful with the number of adds.
Yeah that's the part where I got stuck. Will try it again with some buffs maybe.
too many adds even if you are buff...
any DD can do the spiders. u need to do at least 2 of the 4 eggs before they hatch. so the number of spiders is cut in half from the very beginning.
Then do a bit AoE dmg (they arent as tanky as they deal dmg). Sin can go into smoke and do some AoE, mage/archer have enough CC to deal with a small grp of them.
Yes It's easier said then done, but surely not impossible. If a healer can do enough dmg, then DD's can do enough dmg also.
But even if so, there is simply no reason to do those dngn solo, cause even if u do them u take about 10-15min (tank maybe 20) for something that can be done in a grp in grp mode within the same time or even faster.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
any DD can do the spiders. u need to do at least 2 of the 4 eggs before they hatch. so the number of spiders is cut in half from the very beginning.
Then do a bit AoE dmg (they arent as tanky as they deal dmg). Sin can go into smoke and do some AoE, mage/archer have enough CC to deal with a small grp of them.
Yes It's easier said then done, but surely not impossible. If a healer can do enough dmg, then DD's can do enough dmg also.
But even if so, there is simply no reason to do those dngn solo, cause even if u do them u take about 10-15min (tank maybe 20) for something that can be done in a grp in grp mode within the same time or even faster.
Still can't do it.

I find it almost impossible to kill two eggs as you only get around 3 seconds before the spiderlings hatch. Maybe enough time for 2-3 abilities and they all have to crit big for any chance at all. Even when I manage to CC the spiderlings, new eggs spawn and it's an uphill battle from there.

I almost managed to brute force the boss down before the eggs spawn, but I'm still not geared enough to do that, and would likely need double food buffs, scrolls, elixirs etc.

Any Hawkeye manage to do this please let me know how :)

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Still can't do it.

I find it almost impossible to kill two eggs as you only get around 3 seconds before the spiderlings hatch. Maybe enough time for 2-3 abilities and they all have to crit big for any chance at all. Even when I manage to CC the spiderlings, new eggs spawn and it's an uphill battle from there.

I almost managed to brute force the boss down before the eggs spawn, but I'm still not geared enough to do that, and would likely need double food buffs, scrolls, elixirs etc.

Any Hawkeye manage to do this please let me know how :)
Not as Hawkeye but as Ranger (should make no diff). How? Well... I just brute force the boss xD

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
The Eggs are 11k each, so are each of the baby spiders, not to mention that there are webs everywhere so you are permanently slowed. There are 6 eggs total. 4 drop at first, followed by 2 more about 1 minute later. The first group of Eggs hatch 3 spiders each, the second group is 2 spiders each I believe. So to kill 2 eggs you need to do a bit over 22k damage to two separate locations in about 10 seconds, a fairly tall order and requires some big critical hits (but still possible). Most likely though you'll get 1 egg down and be working on the second when they hatch. They also seem to do quite a bit of damage as they chew up my 8 and 9 star astels fairly quickly. So don't theory craft. I think the biggest problem is the 30 minute time limit, that's the real challenge.