Soloing New Solo Dungeons

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
This is unbuffed on ranger :

My def runes are full heroic status effectivness, so once I use Sniper in boss fight my damage skyrockets.

On Hawkeye my dmg stats are higher but I use eva runes there.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Do you find that to be enough evasion? My stats are similar, some better, some worse, but I try to keep evasion above 1450. Would love to sit down and pick your brain Panda.

Skyver

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
So guys,
since there has been so much discussion here recently, i gave myself an impression of the matter.

In short: the new Solo-Dungeons are BS*.

As a full tank Crusader I ran "Archduke Mansion" and got through just before the time ran out. And I am so honest and confess that I really had to do my best.

So for my part, I certainly don't do that more often. I need three times the time for a dungeon than when I'm in a group. In any case, that's no fun. To prove that you can do it well, yes - but that's about it. I don't see any added value in these solo dungeons. Especially as a supporter class.

The fact is: the new dungeons are NOT adapted to the solo game. I bet none of the devs bothered to play through it with ALL classes.

In any case, this is one of the most unnecessary extensions for me and I would rather leave my tickets than look at them again.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Do you find that to be enough evasion? My stats are similar, some better, some worse, but I try to keep evasion above 1450. Would love to sit down and pick your brain Panda.
Thats my PvE spec. I dont rly need that much evasion in PvE build. Rather more damage. My PvP build features a set of legendary eva runes and every eva treasure I could get my hands on ^^ that eva stat on the picture is without any of that,

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Thats my PvE spec. I dont rly need that much evasion in PvE build. Rather more damage. My PvP build features a set of legendary eva runes and every eva treasure I could get my hands on ^^ that eva stat on the picture is without any of that,
I did archduke with 2215 evasion. And the spiders just missed but it's not worth the cost of a bite sized eel

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
In any case, this is one of the most unnecessary extensions for me and I would rather leave my tickets than look at them again.
Thats to hard judgment. Sure running group dungeons in a group is better than run any solo dungeons at all, but there is still a reasons to run solo dungeons - if you have no group. (happens, I've heard)
The new dungeons are a challenge, what is also not bad in my opinion, because it's less boring. This is not the best concept of a game if everyone can easily run every dungeon on S-rank. Ofcause I would wish to have other challenges in PvE than solo dungeons, like raid or new difficult group dungeons, but at least something.
Another reason to run new solo dungeons is that you get more drop than in the first three solo dungeons and rarer drop.
It is also not that terrible - for example Macazan - dungeon that people often don't like to run in group so the drop is rare (like tank sword). With good gear everyone can do this dungeon in 35 mins. Sure for a tank or heal it's more difficult to get high rank, but this vocations are always slower in soloing, because they basically build up for group play. I'm sure warrior and scholar on DD-build will do it easier. For S-rank you need to kill approximately 50% of the monsters + 2 bosses in under 16-17 minutes - this is possible, but I admit I have to focus to get it with my mage.

Spiders seems to be a huge problem for many people, but I can't really understand why.
If you say they do to much damage to you if you tank - you could use aida + virgo, so virgo mass-spot them and aida heals her - most safe option in my opinion. Of cause I dont know how fast you get them down, so maybe your virgo will die while you are killing the spiders, but you should be able to kill most of them before and the rest should not be a problem anymore. Other option - take aida+rota and tank the spiders on your own while kiting them with "shared pain" from rota and aida heal. If it still takes to long you could additional call eligos for spiders, so you have more aoe dmg for 45 sec.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
i don't want to rate the solo dungeons here [they can be seen in both, good and bad light]

but one main problem i see is, that they are made as a "one dungeon fits it all" type of gameplay experiance ...
the tanky tank gets 100% the same dungeon, 100% the same mobs, 100% the same time limit for the dungeon as the healer, the archer, the damage heavy assasin or the mage with his cc's and aoe's ...

and that's the main issue with them,
something "easyily doable" with one class doesn't neccacarily have to be easy with another one ...

and there i realy would wish to have a more ... well ... split/seperated experiance ...
dungeons tailored towards the classes, who actually enter them

there would even be the possibility, to implement (class-spesific) tasks into such dungeons ...
the healer could get a wounded group of civilians, she needs to keep alive
the tank could get the task to distract some crazy boss [to help these civilians escape ?]
the assasin could get the task, to sneakily get behind the enemies ...

etc, etc ...

it would be a cool thing, if we'd actually have dungeons (with mechanics) tailored towards the actual classes
and the main problem with solo dungeons is the "one and the exact same dungeon for each and every class" ...

just my 10 cent on that topic

Reactions: Reeney and Darkey

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
and there i realy would wish to have a more ... well ... split/seperated experiance ...
This solution would be great, but than the solo-dungeons should be really accessible only solo - currently they are just a kind of easier version of the group dungeons, that you still can do in group. But I could imagine many people will be not happy about it. To be honest the main reason that we got this new dungeons is the new daily quest - so everyone, also with a weaker character, could get the reward. If they didn't add this "solo" dungeons some people would cry about not beeing able to do daily quest.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Spiders seems to be a huge problem for many people, but I can't really understand why.
If you say they do to much damage to you if you tank - you could use aida + virgo, so virgo mass-spot them and aida heals her - most safe option in my opinion. Of cause I dont know how fast you get them down, so maybe your virgo will die while you are killing the spiders, but you should be able to kill most of them before and the rest should not be a problem anymore. Other option - take aida+rota and tank the spiders on your own while kiting them with "shared pain" from rota and aida heal. If it still takes to long you could additional call eligos for spiders, so you have more aoe dmg for 45 sec.
I guess you missed the part where I said they ate up my 8 and 9 star astels pretty quickly. My Virgo is 9 stars, and she went down fairly quickly, but I want to try a few more setups/ideas before I throw in the towel. I'm fairly certain, I can get through it. The time limit is the real challenge, 30 minutes pretty much means one death at most. I may just use a special deck just for that boss, for example I want to try using the new Virgo's skill when they hatch, could also try using 3 different astels when the eggs drop. Doesn't matter, I like a challenge and don't want them to change something because it's 'hard'. They could make it 'impossible' and I'm sure some people would figure out how to get it done. I will say the 6800 power rating might be a bit under stated.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
or simply another type of ... let's call them "class-dungeons" ... aside from the normal solo/group dungeon,
which would also count towards the quest ... would have 0 influence on the already existing dungeon modes,
and would simply be another alternative for players to choose from

becouse it's good to have hard and easy dungeons,
it's good, to give the player variety to choose from

the only thing is ... that the dungeons should be labeld accordingly

a dungeon like tron ... not existent in the char creation-dungeons, last in the list of 2* - dungeons ... and already run by groups of undergeared twins in less than 10 minutes is not exactly what i'd call a hard dungeon

at the same time 1-star solo dungeons, where full T2 geared players with 8 and 9 star astel are reporting fails or hardly made ... is something i'd consider a "harder" type of dungeon

[and the cp-ranking ... or the star-ranking they'd have would actually be already perfect, to seperate easy from harder ... so why not just make these two hard dungeons into actual 2* ones]

[Edit : a funny thing they could implement would be a user-rating system, where the players could vote how well they liked the dungeons design and how hard they felt the dungeon to be ... ]

Last edited:

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
This is unbuffed on ranger :

My def runes are full heroic status effectivness, so once I use Sniper in boss fight my damage skyrockets.

On Hawkeye my dmg stats are higher but I use eva runes there.
Hmm very interesting. I have never thought of status effectiveness runes, will start collecting to try it out.
I find Ranger's crit stats are so low though, as a Hawkeye mine are around 400 /100 higher than yours and I'm far from maxing out my gear. Is Ranger's rotation simply that much better than Hawkeye's?

This spider boss is a really good dps check lol

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
So for my part, I certainly don't do that more often. I need three times the time for a dungeon than when I'm in a group. In any case, that's no fun. To prove that you can do it well, yes - but that's about it. I don't see any added value in these solo dungeons. Especially as a supporter class.

The fact is: the new dungeons are NOT adapted to the solo game. I bet none of the devs bothered to play through it with ALL classes.

Yeah the new solo dungeons are definitely unbalanced. When Solo T1 is significantly harder than any Party T2 dungeon, you have a clear problem.
I will be expecting the devs to re-balance these dungeons soon.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
could also try using 3 different astels when the eggs drop. Doesn't matter, I like a challenge and don't want them to change something because it's 'hard'. They could make it 'impossible' and I'm sure some people would figure out how to get it done. I will say the 6800 power rating might be a bit under stated.
This is a very good point. It took an imbalanced solo T1 dungeon for us to have a strategy discussion thread on how to beat a certain dungeon/boss, and I like to figure out ways of overcoming the obstacle. In this particular case with the spider boss, we have two distinct challenges to figure out - Spider adds and DPSing the boss down before adds.

But the truth is we should be having these discussions with new party dungeons/raids etc. and not with Solo T1.

Reactions: Skyver

Heisen

Astellian
Nov 29, 2019
Please buff the solo inis... still to easy. Freggel can solo it with one hand ;) (Barcode stands for quality)

• Haha
Reactions: Kojomi