Soloing New Solo Dungeons

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
Ok guys, since this thread was originaly about the new solo dngn's and about them being do-able as a solo person i try to bring this to the next lvl.
Are the same dngn's mentioned in this thread also do-able as a solo person in the normal mode?

• Love
Reactions: Kojomi and sortiz45

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Are the same dngn's mentioned in this thread also do-able as a solo person in the normal mode?
Quick question, In the boss fights, you choose 2xDPS astels and spend a great time dodging. Your scholar seems to do pretty good damage (at least to a solo target) so why don't you use a warrior astel and a DPS astel and keep the aggro off you? I don't play a scholar (maybe I should, seems pretty powerful), so this is just me trying to learn, not a comment as your method obviously works pretty well.

Freggel

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
Quick question, In the boss fights, you choose 2xDPS astels and spend a great time dodging. Your scholar seems to do pretty good damage (at least to a solo target) so why don't you use a warrior astel and a DPS astel and keep the aggro off you? I don't play a scholar (maybe I should, seems pretty powerful), so this is just me trying to learn, not a comment as your method obviously works pretty well.
U are quite right, but the main prob i have with my tank astells (no jewels on them xD) is that they are going down to fast, so i spend more time healing virgo than doin dmg. when i do it myself, i dont have to switch a heal target all the time (tank, me, tank).
So i am doin dmg, 2 astells do the same, what keeps the dps higher than only one and me just healing.

Reactions: Kojomi

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
U are quite right, but the main prob i have with my tank astells (no jewels on them xD) is that they are going down to fast, so i spend more time healing virgo than doin dmg. when i do it myself, i dont have to switch a heal target all the time (tank, me, tank).
So i am doin dmg, 2 astells do the same, what keeps the dps higher than only one and me just healing.
Thanks for the info, as a ranger I lean on my tank astels pretty heavily and as such they are my most advanced astels with my scholars close behind, my Virgo is my ace (9 stars, 15kHp). Your use of Seika and Canceria makes sense as they have respectable DPS. I actually find the party dungeons easier, but then I don't try them solo :p.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
So after working on this for the past 2 weeks or so, The only classes I know that can consistently run these are Scholars and Warriors. I only know a couple DD classes that have run these solo. I have developed the following impressions:

1) These are hardly T1 dungeons, In fact I know of nobody in pure T1 gear that has solo'd these. While some may have done it, I simply haven't met or heard of them yet.

2) The 6800 rating is completely wrong. It appears these were just the party dungeon ratings copied over to the solo dungeon. All the people I know who have solo'd them are above 8k.

3) The rewards are completely inadequate for the challenge presented. Hashmal has a 6200 rating and drops purples. Prison has a 6800 rating and also drops purples. IIRC correctly, to kill the final boss in Hashmal you need to do approximately 120 - 150k damage, to kill the final boss in prison requires you to kill the boss AND his 2 helpers so around 500k damage.

Some adjustments are definitely needed. Either Raise the rating and the rewards and call these T2 solo dungeons so that people know what is expected. Or dial them back so that T1 people can run them. In either case some adjustments are needed.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and completely support this addition to the game. I have helped T1 people through these dungeons and will continue to do so. While I prefer running the party versions, running the solo version is fine when you can't get a full group. But clearly these dungeons need a bit of iteration to properly match the challenge they present.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Totally agree with all of Joanna's points.

These new solo dungeons need to be reworked.