Testing duration

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
The community wants to know something will cbt2 be longer than cbt1? One week is not enough time to test things. We need the second cbt2 to be longer so we can not only give you feedback on the new changes you were planning before the feedback but the changes you made so far based on our feedback. I see people asking this but there is no information yet. @CM Aethon

The community understands you do not want to give a date on the cbt2 yet since you are not sure when you will be finished getting it ready for testing but commenting on if it will be longer or not should be a safe thing to ask for.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Blümchen

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
I hope this will sufice, from discord:
Wes 06/28/2019
Have not announced the dates yet, will be PvP Focused, and will offer the Level-Up NPC from the first day, the CBT-2 Level-Up NPC will take any character from level five (or higher) to level 50, give them gear and all astels so we can test Avalon PvP
As to the length of time needed, I think the Devs have a far better vantage point and understanding of how much time and testing is needed, then we as players would.

Last edited:

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
That is not always the case. One week will simply said not be enough for the second time level up npc right away or not.

Last edited:

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
Something to keep in mind is this game is already 100% live in Korea and has been tested there. I am sure the tests in the NA servers are for a much narrower spectrum of items that they are tweaking and have tweaked for NA market and these can be tested in a shorter timeframe. The game perameter testing etc has already been completed in the Kor version I am sure its just a few tweaks needed its not like the game is being tested from scratch.

These tests are not for a game estimated to be released next year or something its just a test for translation bugs drop rates etc as has been stated in Q&A's already. As I said above game has already tested and released elsewhere its simply tweaks for our market. test the cash store and pvp and probably in some way just to show doubters the changes. Also keep in mind Avalon is going to be disabled for an undisclosed amount of time when the game goes live so in theory the work on it doesn't even need to be complete and can be patched in when it is live! The cashstore however can break the game day 1 if its not right.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
Something to keep in mind is this game is already 100% live in Korea and has been tested there. I am sure the tests in the NA servers are for a much narrower spectrum of items that they are tweaking and have tweaked for NA market and these can be tested in a shorter timeframe. The game perameter testing etc has already been completed in the Kor version I am sure its just a few tweaks needed its not like the game is being tested from scratch.

These tests are not for a game estimated to be released next year or something its just a test for translation bugs drop rates etc as has been stated in Q&A's already. As I said above game has already tested and released elsewhere its simply tweaks for our market. test the cash store and pvp and probably in some way just to show doubters the changes. Also keep in mind Avalon is going to be disabled for an undisclosed amount of time when the game goes live so in theory the work on it doesn't even need to be complete and can be patched in when it is live! The cashstore however can break the game day 1 if its not right.
Something to keep in mind is this at the end of cbt1 this game had alot of errors in it simaliar to a bless scale. I'm in no way saying it will be as bad in fact based on what I've seen so far I'd say the gms have a higher chance than normal for fixing fundamental problems but it does need time to be properly tested. I just want them to be aware this is how some people feel. Even more so if you came from bless.

Last edited:

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019
To comment on the original point of the thread, we'll be sharing more details within the coming week. In which we'll be outlining CBT-2's testing goals and schedule, so keep an eye out for that information when it releases.

While I appreciate the passion folks have been showing here, in trying to help make Astellia the best that it can be. I'd like to take a moment to comment on some of the concerns expressed. As a team of industry veterans, both on the publishing side, and as fellow gamers. I assure you we're well aware of the steps necessary to conduct a beta and gather the subsequent information necessary to apply further adjustments.

As a final note, I would like to make it abundantly clear. The Community Team is not a tool to be called in to clean up after folks decide to make a mess. We expect each of you to conduct yourselves in a civil and respectable manner, befitting the type of community we strive to have here in Astellia. If you are unable to get along with another user, we suggest using the ignore function built into the forums. Failure to abide by the forum rules will result in action being taken against your account.

AOE

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
If you are unable to get along with another user, we suggest using the ignore function built into the forums. Failure to abide by the forum rules will result in action being taken against your account.
Are you sure ignore function working =?

CM Flora

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
Hi @AOE! The ignore function should work. Don't hesitate to let us know if you encounter any issues with it via DM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iyo