The new dungeons are GREAT!

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Thank you for listening and putting out the new dungeons with engaging boss fights. When the servers came back up and Bloodline put together a few groups to run the new dungeons I honestly kind of expected more of the same and thankfully I was wrong. Archdukes is the funnest dungeon now while I would say Marcazin is the hardest with Fortenora's in the middle of the two. I cant tell you how many times I laughed last night watching people die to the gauntlet of lightning balls in Archdukes, and the Eligos fight is A LOT of fun. Kudo's to engaging boss fights that are not just sit there and mash buttons until its dead.

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
Now all remains is them to listen to the actually decent players and leave the difficulty as it is, since I saw already multiple people crying about dungeons being too hard since "Oh My God you have to move and use skills and the same time oO"

Hopefully we get Avalon at the end of November and actual Tier 2 dungeons in December.

Reactions: Faiith

AdventureApe

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
Now all remains is them to listen to the actually decent players and leave the difficulty as it is, since I saw already multiple people crying about dungeons being too hard since "Oh My God you have to move and use skills and the same time oO"

Hopefully we get Avalon at the end of November and actual Tier 2 dungeons in December.
We will get Avalon in mid of November, and with Avalon coming to us in about 1-2 weeks, i actually can even w8 for Tier 2 Dungeons until January, as Avalon will give us a lot to do for month, with the new and even stronger Bosses that it helds then World Bosses.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019

the issue i see is not, how hard the dungeons are ...
but more the ticketsystem, this game uses

Reactions: Lewtz

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
the issue i see is not, how hard the dungeons are ...
but more the ticketsystem, this game uses
If people are crying the dungeons are too hard, how is that connected with the ticket system? The tickets only limit your progress, the dungeon difficulty simply makes people that can't play well enough or have not good enough gear simply fail.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
issue is there is huge gap between these new ones and old legendary dungeons, and they give same crap loots (some treasure but less % to get them). Most players in astellia if u didnt notice are casual players without static, waiting for hours to get a slot in queue to just fail, and if they succeed they get crap loots, with such dungeons, they might leave even faster.

Playerbase is already niche and low, decreasing everyday even in EU, its not rocket science to know what will happen in next weeks or month. Increasing difficulty for such dungeons is bad idea in my opinion as population is already too low, makes no sense at all (would be a good idea if it was popular but thats not the case imo)

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
I was expecting them to be of similar difficulty to Hashmal Laboratory, but failed it twice today because of just how much damage the boss does just on its melee attacks.

AdventureApe

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
issue is there is huge gap between these new ones and old legendary dungeons, and they give same crap loots (some treasure but less % to get them). Most players in astellia if u didnt notice are casual players without static, waiting for hours to get a slot in queue to just fail, and if they succeed they get crap loots, with such dungeons, they might leave even faster.

Playerbase is already niche and low, decreasing everyday even in EU, its not rocket science to know what will happen in next weeks or month. Increasing difficulty for such dungeons is bad idea in my opinion as population is already too low, makes no sense at all (would be a good idea if it was popular but thats not the case imo)
I dont really know were all you guys get the idea of low population. There are so many pretty acitve guilds at least on the EU servers, that you can't speak of low population. And i never encountered difficultys finding groups for dungeons even the new legendarys. It takes me about 1-2 minutes to get a group ready.
And no i dont think that the higher difficulty is bad for the game, as the core base of the game really likes it and dont want the game to be to easy. Even the Nerf of the Astels back to 7 Stars is fine with me, as i found myself being way to strong with 9 Star Rota, Corvus and a few others on 8 Star.
And with the Avalon coming mid November the whole game will change in my opinion. I think we will get more players that just want to do Avalon, which is totally fine.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
I dont really know were all you guys get the idea of low population. There are so many pretty acitve guilds at least on the EU servers, that you can't speak of low population. And i never encountered difficultys finding groups for dungeons even the new legendarys. It takes me about 1-2 minutes to get a group ready.
And no i dont think that the higher difficulty is bad for the game, as the core base of the game really likes it and dont want the game to be to easy. Even the Nerf of the Astels back to 7 Stars is fine with me, as i found myself being way to strong with 9 Star Rota, Corvus and a few others on 8 Star.
And with the Avalon coming mid November the whole game will change in my opinion. I think we will get more players that just want to do Avalon, which is totally fine.
you probably dont play the game anymore to say that obvisouly, aquarius server always in low/smooth and crowded only for few hours now, before was overrun and crowded most of the time. Chat is inactive as well, matchmaking is still long for dps classes , for tank ahealer its better ofc..yes sure you had all these 9 8 stars astels :D

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I dont really know were all you guys get the idea of low population.
if you wait 1,5 hours to even get into a group for the dungeons ... than that is not neccacarily something,
that shows or is a sign of a high population ...

so that may be another side effekt of the ticket system

Reactions: Pirylio and Oklmq

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
In case you didn't notice yet with each "update" they make everything more tedious and timegated and timeconsuming thinking that will make people wanna play more while the opposite is the case and people leave and then they wonder why the playerbase dwindles hard with those choices.
Changing every Dungeon to consume 1 Ticket takes a Programmer not even a whopping hour as he just needs to adjust numbers but they don't do stuff like that on purpose.
Making the game fun and engaging and rewarding instead of a timegated restricted in everything rngmess will obviously not attract bazillion of people no it won't clearly. That's sarcasm by the way. They shoot their own foot with their choices of listening to the wrong things.
People say RNG is to much; Drops are pathetic everywhere yet no changes at all of any kind yet they listen to the clear minority that is overgeared crying for harder content which is fine IF in said hard content *YOU GET STUFF OUTTA IT* all times which is NOT the case here thanks to being able to do a whole whopping 3 Runs of a Legendary Dungeons a Day only thanks to the ticketsystem and in those 3 you get flooded with useless greens and blues with maybe one legendary for one member that then has useless stats like int wis knw wil on warrior/sin gear or dex agi str on mage.
Translation: Time wasted and nothing gotten which is all the Game offers at Endgame at the moment.

Last edited:

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
you probably dont play the game anymore to say that obvisouly, aquarius server always in low/smooth and crowded only for few hours now, before was overrun and crowded most of the time. Chat is inactive as well, matchmaking is still long for dps classes , for tank ahealer its better ofc..yes sure you had all these 9 8 stars astels :D
I actually wonder if you play or do you just come to the forums to find the whine of the day to latch on to? NA server constantly has live people running around (not just bots or astel afkers), with a pretty active chat. Can't comment on the dungeon queue since I only run with guild groups, and the very few times we use it to pull a pug in it is an instant pop. Will also say the guild I am in gets new players (as in new to the game new) on a pretty regular basis, so there is still players joining all the time.

Have to say it is kind of funny how you don't seem to have an issue believing the guy complaining about his astels being rolled back had all of those high star astels, but someone that is fine with the roll back it's highly doubtful he had them.....

If Aquarius is the newer EU server then yeah I can see that struggling some since it came kind of late to the show sadly; maybe they have a plan in place to merge them together at some time.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I was really expecting the forums to be full of tears over the difficulty. Guess i underestimated this community. Chapeau my friends!

The difficulty of these new dungeons is perfect imho. There is something for everyone here: underground prison is the easiest and serves as an entry level expert dungeon.
Archdukes is inbetween with the final fight being a real test of movement. And basin is the insane gearcheck that will just destroy you if you dont have at least 8500 hp.

Btw I absolutely love that these encounters require a minimum amount of gear to be killed. No more steamrolling and going in without a proper group.

All those people who nonostacked stats towards being glasscannons, stacking agi and wis ad absurdum are getting a slap in the face now.
Great to see CON back in the game.

First thing I did after clearing all legis yesterday was putting HP runes back into my gear. :D

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Btw I absolutely love that these encounters require a minimum amount of gear to be killed. No more steamrolling and going in without a proper group.
on the other hand, that also screws up everyone without fixed static ...

already tried the prison twice ... and got thrown in together with one and two stars, who got - quit literally - one hittet
cost everyone else within the group their tickets, without them being at fault for it ...

another time i had a tank (easily killed ... so probably ungeard) and with high deathpenalty in the group ...
result : without even saying a word he leavs mid-dungeons ...

yes, i like the new dungeons pretty much ...
they're much more interesting, than the "old" ones ... especially, if you have a (somewhat) proper group ...

but in my opinion, some kind of protection-system ... to prevent such *looks above* screw-ups should be put in place ...
eiter rethink the ticket system, or at least show the peaple the stats of the random's they enter with before entering and thus wasting tickets

Reactions: Pirylio

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
on the other hand, that also screws up everyone without fixed static ...

already tried the prison twice ... and got thrown in together with one and two stars, who got - quit literally - one hittet
cost everyone else within the group their tickets, without them being at fault for it ...

another time i had a tank (easily killed ... so probably ungeard) and with high deathpenalty in the group ...
result : without even saying a word he leavs mid-dungeons ...

yes, i like the new dungeons pretty much ...
they're much more interesting, than the "old" ones ... especially, if you have a (somewhat) proper group ...

but in my opinion, some kind of protection-system ... to prevent such *looks above* screw-ups should be put in place ...
eiter rethink the ticket system, or at least show the peaple the stats of the random's they enter with before entering and thus wasting tickets
The new dungeons are not meant for group finder. That should be absolutely clear. So, yeah, Go find yourself some friends! This is an MMO after all.

• Angry
Reactions: Faiith and Pirylio

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The new dungeons are not meant for group finder. That should be absolutely clear. So, yeah, Go find yourself some friends! This is an MMO after all.
He does have a point in the fact that he shouldn't be punished because others in the group weren't prepared. They should revamp the ticket system somewhat to take that into account; maybe a ticket isn't burned until a boss is dead type of thing.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
He does have a point in the fact that he shouldn't be punished because others in the group weren't prepared. They should revamp the ticket system somewhat to take that into account; maybe a ticket isn't burned until a boss is dead type of thing.
No. You go in you take the risk. I like that. Its a risk vs reward scenario. Nobody forces you to use group finder. You can always use manual group Search.

Avator

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019

All those people who nonostacked stats towards being glasscannons, stacking agi and wis ad absurdum are getting a slap in the face now.
Great to see CON back in the game.

First thing I did after clearing all legis yesterday was putting HP runes back into my gear. :D
Yeah I took 2 guildees yesterday who aren't as geared to try archduke and we kept getting overwhelmed by spider ads because we didn't have the burst to kill eggs fast enough. (on first round we could get 2 eggs but on second round we often only got one and it wasnt enough). While you could 'survive' fights in previous legendaries with one DPS being dead, I felt this one fight was really a DPS check. Even the guardian mobs took forever to kill. I cant recall their CP but maybe it was in the 6500s unbuffed.

The unfortunate part is many of our more geared people quit because they're waiting for Avalon. :/

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I actually feel like using bufffood in these new dungeons. Now if only highend bufffood mats like vinegar were actually farmable...