Treasures.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
After testing during cbt1. An evident flaw came up with the treasure slots.

People have to choose between Treasures with stats or an auto pickup item. This creates two sides.
People playing with stat items and people playing with an auto pick up item.

SIDE ONE.
The People playing with stat treasures in game. Will have to compete against an auto loot system. Hardcore players will want these extra stats for faster clearing. Meanwhile others will be wearing an auto pick up ring that loots all the drops from the party. This can happen anywhere open world mobs etc. People with auto pick up items set drops on free mode just to exploit this and if you are in a dungeon and cant possibly see that till after you have to put up loosing your drops with it or lose your dungeon ticket count. This in turns creates a more toxic community.
This can be fixed by setting a delay on the time the ring picks up treasures in game. However the delay still needs to pick up the items if no one else has even if you move out of range. People kite mobs around to be effective at times.

SIDE TWO.
People who play with an auto loot item on. These people will pick up drops so fast that others will not have time to run over and press f and lets be real here you cant just facetank everything or be super close you will die like that and the ressurection debuff will add up. Most people will be too squishy to take hits from mobs. This can be fixed by allowing an extra slot just for the auto pick up ring.

Also people currently dont know how long it will take to get hte ring from the loyalty shop make it shown in cbt2 or make an announcement that tells how much time it will take to get the loyalty needed to redeem this in game. This will improve your sales and let people know how important this item is so it will be worth the time spent to fix this.

This can all be fixed by creating a seperate gear slot only for the treasure ring item. Also setting a dely on the time the ring picks things up in game while still picking them up after the dely if you move out of range.

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Treasure items are currently pretty rare, even in KR. The items that use one of the two slots are not so common that they will be switched constantly (least for the early game).

However, beyond that, Norden's Favor has auto loot as part of it I believe. It does in KR, so only a guess on my part that is still active in our version which of course could change at any time We wont know for sure till we see what Norden's shows in the CS come CBT2.

Not to sound mean here, but i think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. You use the ring for convience or you deck yourself up for what ever current fight you plan to go into., and outside of combat you can change it at any time. So not seeing an issue here..

Doledor

Astellian
Jun 22, 2019

People have to choose between Treasures with stats or an auto pickup item. This creates two sides.

SIDE ONE.
The People playing with stat treasures in game. Will have to compete against an auto loot system. Hardcore players will want these extra stats for faster clearing. Meanwhile others will be wearing an auto pick up ring that loots all the drops from the party. This can happen anywhere open world mobs etc. People with auto pick up items set drops on free mode just to exploit this and if you are in a dungeon and cant possibly see that till after you have to put up loosing your drops with it or lose your dungeon ticket count. This in turns creates a more toxic community.
This can be fixed by setting a delay on the time the ring picks up treasures in game. However the delay still needs to pick up the items if no one else has even if you move out of range. People kite mobs around to be effective at times.

SIDE TWO.
People who play with an auto loot item on. These people will pick up drops so fast that others will not have time to run over and press f and lets be real here you cant just facetank everything or be super close you will die like that and the ressurection debuff will add up. Most people will be too squishy to take hits from mobs. This can be fixed by allowing an extra slot just for the auto pick up ring.

Also people currently dont know how long it will take to get hte ring from the loyalty shop make it shown in cbt2 or make an announcement that tells how much time it will take to get the loyalty needed to redeem this in game. This will improve your sales and let people know how important this item is so it will be worth the time spent to fix this.

This can all be fixed by creating a seperate gear slot only for the treasure ring item. Also setting a dely on the time the ring picks things up in game while still picking them up after the dely if you move out of range.
If you referring to the loot from the boss, my experience was that each person has their own loot from the boss even when loot was set to ffa or round Robin. If you referring to loot from trash mobs in dungeons or in the open world then you can make sure that loot is set up round Robin or not worry bout it like I did.

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
Yes, I can confirm that the dungeon boss loot (and also any dungeon sub-boss loot, when present) is reserved to each party member, doesn't matter the looting settings. Although the loot auto pickup may be beneficiary when "free for all" set, it's not hard to spot very quickly this looting mode is set and request a change from the party leader. I don't see that as a serious problem.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
Treasure items are currently pretty rare, even in KR. The items that use one of the two slots are not so common that they will be switched constantly (least for the early game).

However, beyond that, Norden's Favor has auto loot as part of it I believe. It does in KR, so only a guess on my part that is still active in our version which of course could change at any time We wont know for sure till we see what Norden's shows in the CS come CBT2.

Not to sound mean here, but i think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. You use the ring for convience or you deck yourself up for what ever current fight you plan to go into., and outside of combat you can change it at any time. So not seeing an issue here..
Nordans favor does not have auto loot here. You should get your facts straight before you go saying stuff like you are making a big deal here. This is feedback something that is needed and during cbt2. There are multiple things that need to change here even if nordans favor did pick up items for you.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
If you referring to the loot from the boss, my experience was that each person has their own loot from the boss even when loot was set to ffa or round Robin. If you referring to loot from trash mobs in dungeons or in the open world then you can make sure that loot is set up round Robin or not worry bout it like I did.
No im refering to loot from mobs in open world. Also I do not know if there is personal loot from a world boss or bosses in avalon but reguardless mobs will be farmed by parties for materials jewels etc and this will easily be abused by those that dont have the auto pick up without a delay.

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
Nordans favor does not have auto loot here. You should get your facts straight before you go saying stuff like you are making a big deal here. This is feedback something that is needed and during cbt2. There are multiple things that need to change here even if nordans favor did pick up items for you.
It was probably just a name mismatch, the Scrolls of Exploration has the auto pickup (see the pre-order page).

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
It was probably just a name mismatch, the Scrolls of Exploration has the auto pickup (see the pre-order page).
Yes, I can confirm that the dungeon boss loot (and also any dungeon sub-boss loot, when present) is reserved to each party member, doesn't matter the looting settings. Although the loot auto pickup may be beneficiary when "free for all" set, it's not hard to spot very quickly this looting mode is set and request a change from the party leader. I don't see that as a serious problem.
again this is for mobs not bosses thats an obvious thing to anyone who played in cbt1 You cant force the party leader to change the loot setting and you cant see who you are matched up with in auto que before hand and if you leave you lose your dungeon tickets. YES ITS A PROBLEM.

Last edited:

Xandorai

Astellian
May 27, 2019
This is a non issue. Treasures a very rare, and you can get a drop with useless stats. Most people will save up currency to purchase a Treasure that will give +9 Deck Points towards a good Deck Buff. During CBT1 I got a Treasure from the Chimera boss (solo dungeon) in Hashmal Lab... and its stat was: Status Evasion +9%. Wow, like much wow.

Edit: I understand your concern, and I think you have a valid point about joining a random dungeon party since communication in such a situation will probably be poor all around. Adding a new gear slot specifically for the ring seems like the easiest solution, but probably won't happen until well after release if ever.

As for open world parties I don't see this being a problem outside of dungeons since if your party members have FFA loot + Ring, you can just leave if they don't want to change loot rules.

Last edited:

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
........... again this is for mobs not bosses thats an obvious thing to anyone who played in cbt1 You cant force the party leader to change the loot setting and you cant see who you are matched up with in auto que before hand and if you leave you lose your dungeon tickets. YES ITS A PROBLEM.
I understand your point. I would rather say the the bigger problem for dungeons in this particular case are the dungeon tickets lost, not the auto looting (as also there is no perfect solution for the looting mode changes during the run, unless the looting mode will be permanently locked or the auto looting ridiculously slow). On the other hand, if the dungeon tickets will be deducted not immediately upon the dungeon entering, but shortly after (so you will have time to leave, if you made no further action in there), it may solve this specific issue (and also an issue when you enter a wrong dungeon by mistake). :)

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Thanks for the correction. Is what happens when going off memory.

To some of the other posters, my points still stand.

Last edited:

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019

There is no problem there: it's a matter of player choice. It's not just between the auto-looting item, but also between the rest of Treasure items, they aren't "equal". There will be far larger differences between players than just the bonuses of their Treasure slots items: armor enchant level, extra items, Astel levels, elite skill levels, and so on. There will be more than just "two sides"...

Reactions: Xovian

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
Pug groups will be pug groups, imo the loot is the least of your worries lol the " oh I didn't know" loot stealers are in all pug groups. Having ungeared people that wipe to trash will be more your issue get a static group or play with your guild problem fixed no slots required!

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
This is a non issue. Treasures a very rare, and you can get a drop with useless stats. Most people will save up currency to purchase a Treasure that will give +9 Deck Points towards a good Deck Buff. During CBT1 I got a Treasure from the Chimera boss (solo dungeon) in Hashmal Lab... and its stat was: Status Evasion +9%. Wow, like much wow.

Edit: I understand your concern, and I think you have a valid point about joining a random dungeon party since communication in such a situation will probably be poor all around. Adding a new gear slot specifically for the ring seems like the easiest solution, but probably won't happen until well after release if ever.

As for open world parties I don't see this being a problem outside of dungeons since if your party members have FFA loot + Ring, you can just leave if they don't want to change loot rules.
First my sources say you got that drop in a party dungeon Second it doesnt matter how rare they are you still have to choose between raw stats and picking up loot.

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019
We have a great community growing here, and everyone on the team would like to help continue promoting that growth. Disagreements happen, and while it's not required that everyone agrees with each other, it is required that all discussions remain civil and abide by the forum rules.

I'd also like to take this chance to weigh in a little. There are still systems and content that have not yet been seen in CBT-1, These will be made available for testing during CBT-2. A big focal point will be the loyalty and cash shop systems during that future test, and the data received during which, will be used to further refine these areas of the game.

Overall this will grant us a much more comprehensive look at the "big picture" of Astellia. So keep that feedback flowing, but bear in mind there will be differences from CBT-1.

--
Thread is being re-opened, let's keep it civil folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: CM Venecia and Iyo

Xandorai

Astellian
May 27, 2019
First my sources say you got that drop in a party dungeon Second it doesnt matter how rare they are you still have to choose between raw stats and picking up loot.
Well, no, it was the solo version of the Hashmal Labratory (lvl50). As to your main point, again I understand and I think a change should be made to the system, since player communication ingame about loot rules will fall apart often.

Steffen

Astellian
Jun 10, 2019
I prefer when something drops that it is only one random person in the party that can see and pick up the loot. That way I don’t feel guilty for picking up the loot.

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
I prefer when something drops that it is only one random person in the party that can see and pick up the loot. That way I don’t feel guilty for picking up the loot.
That's possible to set as a looting mode in a party - the "right" to pick up the loot cycles between all party members with each mob killed, so they should have an equal drop. However, in "free for all" mode it's just about "first come, first served" with all its advantages and disadvantages.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
That's possible to set as a looting mode in a party - the "right" to pick up the loot cycles between all party members with each mob killed, so they should have an equal drop. However, in "free for all" mode it's just about "first come, first served" with all its advantages and disadvantages.
For legend items that drop from mobs its always rolled on but lets not get off topic here.

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
For legend items that drop from mobs its always rolled on but lets not get off topic here.
It also depends on the party looting settings, you can set the roll even for lower rarity items. I was only answering to Steffen's note that this looting style is possible to set, in a case he didn't play CBT1 or didn't notice that setting and to provide the information. An information that may further shape the thoughts on the topic that seems to be exhausted anyway. ;)