[Updated 5/26] Update Preview [5/26]

CM Niar

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 1, 2020

[Updated 5/26]
[Skill Changes]
  • All classes will gain “Atra Regain” skill at level 10. When “Atra Regain” is used speed and certain stats are decreased while AP regeneration rate increases by 8.
  • Certain deck buff skills have improved
    • The AP regeneration amount at each level of the Spirited Summoner Deck Buff has been increased from 1,2,4 to 3,5,7. The AP cost to maintain a Servant Class Astel at Companion Deck Buff Level 1 will increase from 1 to 2.
  • The AP cost to maintain summons for Warrior Class Astels in the Servant type will decrease from 20 to 18.
[Controls - Crosshair Mode Change]
  • When pressing Shift+Right click and Shift+Left click in Crosshair mode, skills in Quick Slot 3 and 4 are used.
[Item Bound Change]
  • Tier 1 Heroic and Legendary gears, runes, and star jewels have changed to bind when equipped not when picked up.
[Growth Support NPC]
  • Growth Support NPC in Meiville has been removed.
[Known Issues]
  • When opening the Star’s Tale window after completing Star’s Tale, only images for completed missions appear
    • The problem can be resolved by clicking tap of another region and then returning to the Star's Tale tab
  • Inspire Scroll does not apply to summoned Astels upon use
  • The skin information window says that Star Keeper Virgo skin is obtained at the Cash Shop
    • Star Keeper Virgo should be available in Tulie Coin Shop
  • There are 2 incorrect achievements in the Achievement -> Life -> Guild tab
  • Some textures for the New Astel, “Star Keeper Virgo”, are shown in red color for some PCs.
[Updated 5/18]

Cleric, Oracle, Wizard, Sorcerer, and Witch stat changes will happen in June.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tulie, the City of Forgotten Time

[Story]

• Euria’s birthland and the tragic land, Tulie
Due to a disruption in the flow of the Atra current, the devastation of Tulie has arrived again. The city that is trapped in an endless tragedy awaits a savior, and only an Astellian can put an end to the unstoppable repetition of sorrow.

[Gameplay]
  • Players can access the Tulie’s Main Quest after completing Miodan’s Main Quest
  • Enjoy the story of Virgo, the Keeper of Stars, and Euria’s tragedy
  • New fields and dungeons are added.
  • The playstyle of Tulie’s new field(s) will change depending on the day of the week
  • New Astels ‘Virgo, the Successor of Stars’ and ‘Corvus of Purity’
  • The above Astels can only be obtained for a limited time in Tuile
  • Players can obtain Tier 2 Equipment and enhanced Karza Treasure by continuously playing in Tuile
[Patch Information]
  • Tulie Update
  • Equipment Enhancement Scrolls that have been provided in certain quests can now be earned in certain level-up party hunting quests as well.
[Stat Changes]
Received stats will change for certain advanced classes.
  • Gladiator: (Current) Attack, Accuracy → (Changed) Accuracy, Status Hit Rate, Evasion
  • Assassin: (Current) Accuracy, Critical Rate → (Changed) Attack, Accuracy
  • Phantom: (Current) Evasion, Critical Evasion → (Changed) Evasion, Critical Evasion, Status Evasion
  • Avenger: (Current) Attack, Critical Attack → (Changed) Critical Attack, Critical Rate
  • Bounty Hunter: (Current) Attack, Energy → (Changed) Attack, Accuracy
  • Hawkeye: (Current) Accuracy, Critical Rate → (Changed) Critical Attack, Critical Rate
  • Ranger: (Current) Critical Attack, Evasion → (Changed) Evasion, Critical Evasion, Status Evasion
  • Cleric: (Current) Attack, Spell Power → (Changed) Spell Power, MP, Status Effectiveness
  • Oracle: (Current) Spell Power, Physical Defense → (Changed) Spell Power, Status Hit Rate
  • Wizard: (Current) Attack, Critical Attack → (Changed) Spell Power, Status Hit Rate
  • Sorcerer: (Current) Attack, Spell Power → (Changed) Attack, Accuracy
  • Witch: (Current) Critical Attack, Spell Power → (Changed) Attack, Critical Attack
[Skill Changes] (Common)

• <Warrior>
    • The cooldown of “Cut” will decrease from 13 to 10 seconds.
    • When using “Adamantium Armor”, “Tenacity” will gain 5 stacks.
  • <Archer>
    • Cooldown Decrease enhancement will be added to Hawkeye’s Awakened Skill, “Lunar Dancing”.
    • When the last hit of Hawkeye’s Awakened Skill, “Lunar Dancing”, deals critical damage, the cooldown for “Colossal Shot” will reset.
    • For Ranger’s Awakened Skill, “Barbed Arrow”, the cooldown will decrease from 17 to 3 seconds.
    • Bleed duration and damage in Ranger’s Awakened Skill, “Barbed Arrow” will increase.
    • Burn duration will increase to 30 seconds for Ranger’s Awakened Skill, “Blast Arrow”, and the longer the target is in Burn status, the greater the damage will become.
    • For Ranger’s Awakened Skill, “Rush”, the cooldown will decrease from 60 to 50 seconds, and the skill will increase Evasion, Critical Evasion, and Status Evasion as a bonus.
  • <Assassin>
    • “Shadow Protection” will block more damage than the current skill.
    • “Fatal Blitz” will change to a non-target skill, and deal damage to a wider range around the user. There is a chance for skill cooldown to not occur so that the skill can be instantly refreshed.
    • The target range of “Frenzy” will increase and the number of targets will change from 4 to 8, allowing the user to attack more enemies.
    • “Brutality” can be casted in non-combat mode.
    • The range and damage for “Shadow Assault” will increase.
    • “Fan of knives” will change to a non-target skill, allowing for a wider attack range.
[Known Issues]
  • We identified Mage (Sorcerer)’s Awakened Skill, “Weaken”, can only be obtained at level 3, and are currently working to resolve the issue

Attachments

Last edited:

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
So you are completely butchering the entire Mage class and forcing Sorcerer to be the only remotely viable pve spec while making the perpetually unloved Witch the only one with good bonuses without fixing the reasons its bad to begin with.

So, major buffs to archer, especially Ranger. Yet more buffs to Assassin, changes/buffs to healers. Minor buff to warrior. Nothing for mages.

Oh btw screwing everyones subclass over with massive changes/overhauls nobody asked for. AGAIN

Truly I am grateful to have started this game just in time for everything to push the limits of imagination. Backwards.

• Wow
Reactions: PlayingMyLastMMOs

seathasky

Astellian
May 7, 2020
So you are completely butchering the entire Mage class and forcing Sorcerer to be the only remotely viable pve spec while making the perpetually unloved Witch the only one with good bonuses without fixing the reasons its bad to begin with.

So, major buffs to archer, especially Ranger. Yet more buffs to Assassin, changes/buffs to healers. Minor buff to warrior. Nothing for mages.

Oh btw screwing everyones subclass over with massive changes/overhauls nobody asked for. AGAIN

Truly I am grateful to have started this game just in time for everything to push the limits of imagination. Backwards.
Like viability matters in a game where there are no parsing tools to really gauge true performance.....

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
viable as in - this one can actually kill mobs while this one can't land hits, don't need a parsing tool to see the difference between 1200 and 1600

MonKeY

Astellian
Jan 12, 2020
Well... what should I say… pls don't do it!!!

some changes are well requestet, but some are just stupid as hell.

You don't have an great playerbase and updates like this will make it even smaller...
But if you are working on closing your servers go on ;)

Edit:
If you Keep changing classes like this think About an way to make it more interesting for ppl to make new charakters. Because right now creating an Twink hurts a lot in Term of Astels because you have to start all over.

How About make Astel progress account wide for charakters that are lvl 50+... or 50 and 5 star or something.

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Nice that we get some info in advance this time. I love those archer changes. I may have wasted 22kk on crit dmg runes for my hawkeye but w/e i ll just sell them again. Or i ll have even more dmg so it hurts af 👌

By the way for all the wizards: spellpower makes sense as your DoTs scale with it. You're welcome.

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
I mean.. even with triple the damage burn/blood burn aren't going to do enough damage to replace 250 attack/crit attack. Unless there are other changes that aren't posted here, it's a pretty brutal nerf no matter which way you look at it. Pretty unwanted changes all around for mages, Inferno is still broken, Witch needs more than just a global attack bonus, maybe take lightning bolt off the global cooldown? But this.. eesh.. shame loot ring isn't shareable amongst your other chars like everything else in the cash shop.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
idk what to think about this update yet, needs more details... what are the new dungeons btw? and still not level uncap/T3?

Hondo

Astellian
May 15, 2020
I'll say thank you for the amount of work you guys are putting into the game now. Some of the changes do look good, however, I'll just talk about the one thing I will nit pick since I do actually play the class extensively:

Gladiator. Unless you plan to give us 500+ base Evasion, Evasion is completely useless for a warrior (unless like I said, you plan to give us an extreme amount to compensate). You see, a lot of people can actually hit evasion builds anyway in regards to PVP (And I assume, you decided to give Gladiator Evasion enhancement assuming it would be an optimal PVP stat defensive choice, this is however, incorrect). And as for PVE, well, as I said, unless it's an extreme amount, then it's useless, since trash mobs in higher / end game dungeons will hit people that even have well over 1k evasion often.

Rather, it would have been better to just either give Gladiator Status Evasion (250+), or Critical Evasion (200+) or Both (125+125+), if you want gladiators to be more survivable in PVP. Alas I digress, the status accuracy is pretty huge, and hopefully it will make up for the lack of foresight placed on deciding to give Gladiators Evasion.

PS: "Aspect of the Dark Knight" I.E. The debuff with the Gladiator charge skill, is rather weak in terms of scaling / use. Please look into giving it more "impact" as a skill / debuff.

Reactions: Oklmq

christian7

Astellian
May 15, 2020
if you try to balance the classes, you change the weak classes in a positive way and don't castrate the strong classes
Why you changed at last Patch a dot class (witch) to a useless class and now you force Wizards to switch to dots?
do you roll the stats? or do you actually think about how best to change the classes so that everyone has to buy new armor again?
if you hadn't kept the witch as a dot class, I could stay on Wizard now!
or you are working on closing the server? than it doesnt matter..

Reactions: Oklmq

seathasky

Astellian
May 7, 2020
viable as in - this one can actually kill mobs while this one can't land hits, don't need a parsing tool to see the difference between 1200 and 1600
Now you're just spewing out arbitrary numbers to suit your cause, but at the end of the day, none of it really matters in a game like Astellia. It's not competitive enough to warrant worrying about MINOR class changes. Sorry!

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Mages are already god mode in pvp, stop complaining. and yes they are actually making new content for us. im curious about the 12 man raid from the roadmap i wonder if thats part of this or later this year or ever???? -- yea there is no one who made a parser for this game so the only measure of true performance is our own opinion at this point. like the bounty hunter changes. its perfect for my build

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Now you're just spewing out arbitrary numbers to suit your cause, but at the end of the day, none of it really matters in a game like Astellia. It's not competitive enough to warrant worrying about MINOR class changes. Sorry!
I mean.. even with triple the damage burn/blood burn aren't going to do enough damage to replace 250 attack/crit attack. Unless there are other changes that aren't posted here, it's a pretty brutal nerf no matter which way you look at it. Pretty unwanted changes all around for mages, Inferno is still broken, Witch needs more than just a global attack bonus, maybe take lightning bolt off the global cooldown? But this.. eesh.. shame loot ring isn't shareable amongst your other chars like everything else in the cash shop.
sustained damage vs. big hits and little hits is a thing.

personally ill take a basic attack of 500 with a big hit of 1200 over a basic attack of 300 with a big hit of 1500 any day any game.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Add me to the group that actually likes this update. First off, I like that the changes were announced early, giving you time to swap/change before they go live. For me, I was leaning on the side of switching advanced classes, but possible going back and forth. This makes it much easier to just switch and stay.

• Haha
Reactions: PlayingMyLastMMOs

Amaya

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
Thanks to the Devs for not implementing the stat changes yet.
I hope they will use the additional time to think about this again.
As a mage i totally did not understand why the wizard should get such a huge nerf.
The Mage still has less single target dps than Assa and Archer, so actually Mage needs a buff not a nerf.
At the same time Archers and Assas could get better AOE Skills to compensate for the mages Meteor.

In my opinion the fire mage subclass should be the strongest damage dealer of all mages.
The ice subclass should be the best supporter with the best CC and the electro subclass should be best suited
for pvp.
So magic attack and magic critical attack is exactly what the wizard needs, no need to change that.
Sorcerer could use magic status accuracy and spellpower to strengthen the CC effects.

But @devs, whtever you do please keep one thing in mind:
Nobody likes nerfs.
All you will achieve by nerfing classes is to loose players.
If you feel it is neccessary to balance something, then do it with buffs.

And PVP only exists half of the time on one map.
It is not the main content of the game.
Only a small portion of the players really do PVP. The big majority are PVE players.
So dont change classes because of imbalances in pvp.
That might make a few people happy but a lot of peolpe angry because it will affect their PVE play.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Mages dont need more ST Dmg. They are SUPPOSED to have less than archers or sins. As in every game that is at least half way balanced. Or did you ever see a archer 1shot an entire pull in a T2 dungeon with 1 skill?

Reactions: Apocryphas

Apocryphas

Astellian
Feb 9, 2020
Mages dont need more ST Dmg. They are SUPPOSED to have less than archers or sins. As in every game that is at least half way balanced. Or did you ever see a archer 1shot an entire pull in a T2 dungeon with 1 skill?
I totally agree with this. Mages already do a lot of single target dps in pvp. Why make them unmatched in ST and aoe damage?

Apocryphas

Astellian
Feb 9, 2020
Thanks to the Devs for not implementing the stat changes yet.
I hope they will use the additional time to think about this again.
As a mage i totally did not understand why the wizard should get such a huge nerf.
The Mage still has less single target dps than Assa and Archer, so actually Mage needs a buff not a nerf.
At the same time Archers and Assas could get better AOE Skills to compensate for the mages Meteor.

In my opinion the fire mage subclass should be the strongest damage dealer of all mages.
The ice subclass should be the best supporter with the best CC and the electro subclass should be best suited
for pvp.
So magic attack and magic critical attack is exactly what the wizard needs, no need to change that.
Sorcerer could use magic status accuracy and spellpower to strengthen the CC effects.

But @devs, whtever you do please keep one thing in mind:
Nobody likes nerfs.
All you will achieve by nerfing classes is to loose players.
If you feel it is neccessary to balance something, then do it with buffs.

And PVP only exists half of the time on one map.
It is not the main content of the game.
Only a small portion of the players really do PVP. The big majority are PVE players.
So dont change classes because of imbalances in pvp.
That might make a few people happy but a lot of peolpe angry because it will affect their PVE play.
You pretty much just said F*** all the pvp players lol. We are still playing the game, just like all you pve teddybears, so show some respect.

Reactions: Pandalicious

Amaya

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
i just said it makes no sense to make a lot of players angry so a few can be happy.

And i also did not insult anybody like you just did...

But if you have a good idea how to balance pvp without affecting pve, then tell us.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Flaming is not.

Reactions: Yoiramen