Where to find meat for cooking?

Starseeker

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
So I am enjoying the crafting, but I would really like to make food. I've found a few random pieces of goat/pork/saury in my inventory but for the life of me I can't figure out where it came from.

Is it a drop off mobs? If so, how do I get these things if I am around level 30? I know a lot of items can be harvested, but I can't seem to find the meat products. I can't level up cooking until I do the lower level recipes...which I've made a few of but then can't seem to find the meat to complete them now.

The internet isn't coughing up a lot of answers, so I thought I'd try here.

Thanks!

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Meats drop from mobs. Sorry, never paid much attention to which mob drops what meat.

Starseeker

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
Meats drop from mobs. Sorry, never paid much attention to which mob drops what meat.
Thanks, thats what I figured. I'm assuming the lower level meats drop off the lower level mobs, and so it's in the same boat as leather and cloth after you out level an area your SOL.

Kuronee

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
you should be able to boost your level by making soy sauce (or bean paste or something) if you need to. You can buy the beans from the merchant and spam that to get you up if you really need.

Then you can use whatever meat you have. I only had a few frog legs and goat meat, so used the beans from the merchant to move up in skill.