Why the peacetime was the worst idea ever and has to be removed

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I think the peace time must be removed. Otherwise there are many things that need to be changed.

1. Remodel all the repetitive weekly quests (holy stone quests, faction quests, etc) of killing X number of mobs which can be up to even 250. In the absence of peacetime, killing these mobs might be less boring because it can lead to PvP. However with the introduction of peace time, we almost exclusively kill these mobs during the peace time, and it's becoming unbearably boring yet we can't give up those lots of golden tokens.
Please reduce those numbers of mobs to kill less then 20 per quest. Otherwise remove all those quests, and instead make several HG boss killing like quests (or raid like) in avalon or undergrounds so that multiple people are required to cooperate which could be way more fun.

2. If peace time must not be removed, please let the stone towers only be obtainable during the war time. In the absence of peacetime, it could be less boring to take stone towers, because it can lead to PvP. However with the peacetime, ppls now almost always take stone towers during the peace time because it's much easier, and this process of killing tower guards is horribly boring as well. Because these stone towers can give up to 11400 hunting points, it's even discouraging ppls belonging to the faction with low number of ppls to participate PvP because ppls would not want to lose their points by being killed by outnumbered enemy faction ppls and just keep taking stone towers during the peace time to rank up their own for more zenders.

Getting ppls feedback requires caution. The attempt to do survey regarding the introduction of peace time was good in terms of hearing ppls thoughts, but not all ppls have insights on which could be better for overall game system. Some bunch of noobs can simply think peace time could be necessary because it's not fair without actually playing avalon well enough to think/predict what would happen when peacetime is introduced.

Avalon was originally designed as PvPvE and was quite good without peace time. Now the peace time ruined both PvE and PvP. I 100% agree with Panda that the peace time must be removed, otherwise many contents must be remodeled.

If you don't like Avalon without peace time, that means you don't like Astellia so please go find other games. Astels and Avalon (without peace time) makes Astellia unique and fun.

PS. I have stopped reading your posts long time ago for many reasons Tera. Sorry, but I won't reply to your any posts.

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
PS. I have stopped reading your posts long time ago for many reasons Tera. Sorry, but I won't reply to your any posts.
I only read her short posts. The long blabla books not. It is literally not worth my time. While she was in Codex I would have called her a friend. But she went sorta insane after quitting/getting kicked.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Apparently. But I doubt even close to everyone entered the survey.
i agree with that one ...
in fact, most players from the game don't (or at least don't frequently) use the forums to begin with

but that doesn't realy change, that the playerbase is split on this

there is one part, the ones with lets say "pvp-affinity" who likes pvp and wishes for avalon to be more (or even pure) pvp
and than there is another equally large part, who dislike these games pvp for veriouse reasons, who wish for the opportunity to obtain the pve relevant rewards without getting pushed into pvp

yes, not everyone might have entered the survey ... many may not even have read it ... true,
but that goes for both sides of the coin ... and the fact, that the playerbase is split in this matter is something ... you can't argue away [and get's shown pretty well within these surveys to]

it could be less boring to take stone towers, because it can lead to PvP.
not everyone wants to be "lead into pvp" ...
the "largest" towers can already be taken only during pvp time [which leads to frequent pvp already]
the "medium sized" towers can be taken in pvp and pve ...

again, no problem with you're suggestion of pvp avalon ...
but what is you're suggestion for a counterpart for non pvp'ers to obtain these importent game-elements (zender / astel / kostumes with boni / mounts)

Avalon was originally designed as PvPvE
but it was designed with other player numbers (and thus a way different faction balance) in mind too

Reactions: Towi

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
While I agree in theory with your suggestion Panda. I believe it would be very naive to think the Devs would completely remove the peacetime they implemented. Looking at the pattern of changes over the past few months, you basically see that people weren't using Avalon enough. The introduction of wartime/peacetime was one of the ways to get more people into Avalon and it mostly worked. So I doubt it will be just removed. First off, Avalon is not a PvP only zone. It was always supposed to be PvPvE. Currently the balance has shifted to the PvE being dominant in the area. Additionally, some of your suggestions have solutions in game already. For example you don't like people stealing stones at the last second that you can't kill, well just take stones during wartime, problem solved. However the dominance of PvE for winning zones has been addressed somewhat by shifting points towards PvP activities (and I'm sure more of this will happen). Sure we could shift points further, however I believe there is something else that could be done.

Since we know how fond the Devs are of RNG, we could simply make the wartime/peacetime length variable, so people have to be actively engaged there. Rather than the set 2 hours war/2 hours peace - that you can set your clocks to, we could make the current status (war or peace) last for one hour. At the end of that hour a random number is generated, if the number is 1 to 5 the status doesn't change, but if the number is 6 to 10 the status changes. However to ensure we don’t have permanent status for an extended time, every time the status doesn't change +1 is added to the roll. For example, lets say we get 2 wartimes in a row, once the second hour is up, +1 is added to the change roll. If it still remains wartime, at the end of the 3rd hour another +1 is added to the roll (for a total of +2), and so on. Thus eventually it must change. Since people won't be able to depend on how long war/peace will last, people will have to be actively engaged when they are in there or will lose points and thus efficiency with PvE activities. This, as well as the greater points for PvP should help swing the PvE/PvP pendulum back towards balance. Additionally it makes sitting at your PC, actively playing the game, the most effective method in Avalon, which we all should want.

Don't get me wrong, I played Avalon when it was all wartime, and ran daily's as much as possible, but after the first couple weeks it was pretty lonely in there. I didn't like that very much at all, and I suspect neither did the Devs. Ultimately we should want balance in there where you can do as well in PvP as you can in PvE. I don't want AFK activities in there, you can AFK pretty much the rest of the game. Lets make Avalon the place to go where you actually have to be sitting at your PC and playing the game.

Reactions: lomos

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
I don't want AFK activities in there, you can AFK pretty much the rest of the game.
i think, that the problem here isn't the design of avalon,
but rather the afk mechanics in and on itself

i actually never realy understood, why a game wants to rely so heavily on a
"you play the game, by not playing the game at all" type of mechanics
and as you said, that's not only an issue of avalon alone

the idea of randomly generated war/peacetimes could be interesting
[and would also lead to a certain type of "rotation" between these times ...
i think it was legolasa who mentioned the problem of having always the exact same times for war/peace already in the past]

but if you want to go to the core of the problem, you'd have to lay hand on the afk-mechanics within avalon itself

for example, you could tie the factionpoints, drops and killpoints a player gives towards a "player made an input within the last x minutes" type of mechanics

so if a player hasn't actively used his character within the last x-minutes ... he would gain no points ... would get reduced droprates (let's say atlon/gree droprates) ... and would give no (or reduced) points, when getting killed

that way you'd already take out the afk mechanics of avalon pretty well

another possibility to do that could be,
to deactivate the "auto-attack" function for astel within these area
or to make it so, that it's only active, when the player is actually performing regular inputs

Additionally it makes sitting at your PC, actively playing the game, the most effective method in Avalon, which we all should want.
put that is already the most effective method in avalon ... !

you get (more) astels with your pvp rank ... you don't generate pvp rank by sitting around afk in avalon
and the huntingpoints you can obtain with afk farming decreases with the number of points you already made ...
so at some point making stones start to get more effective ... and thus grants you the better rank compared to just killing monsters
so again something, you don't just do afk

ontop of that you can't realy compare the ammount of points you can gain afk vs the points you can get via active farming ...
actively playing the game IS already the most effective method in avalon ... so i don't see a problem on that one

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
but if you want to go to the core of the problem, you'd have to lay hand on the afk-mechanics within avalon itself
The Devs could put the AP Reg in Avalon down if you stand and up if you move your char. So no afk farm anymore because you just dont have the AP reg to when you stand.

They could do this with an additional Avalon buff.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
The Devs could put the AP Reg in Avalon down if you stand and up if you move your char. So no afk farm anymore because you just dont have the AP reg to when you stand.

true, but the problem i see with that one is, that the more "stationary" characters would have a massive disadvantage than

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019

People would just use a macro to move in a circle (i.e. press the w a s d keys in sequence once every 5 minutes) besides, the Devs seem to be leaning on enticing people to PvP, rather than nerfing those who PvE. Besides Devs have repeatedly said they are perfectly fine with people AFK hunting with Astels, so I doubt they would want to nerf that. You may not like or agree with that, but that's their call.

Reactions: Yoiramen

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
People would just use a macro to move in a circle (i.e. press the w a s d keys in sequence once every 5 minutes) besides, the Devs seem to be leaning on enticing people to PvP, rather than nerfing those who PvE. Besides Devs have repeatedly said they are perfectly fine with people AFK hunting with Astels, so I doubt they would want to nerf that. You may not like or agree with that, but that's their call.
Take away AFK of the game and its gg and the game really does die. People won't be on the server anymore.

Reactions: lomos